Surprised to see Thakur playing for india

gakgupta

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

According to you a guy who got 3 200s and 2 t20 100s is an average player but Pandya who has done jack is the best thing since slice bread

didnt i just call him team 2nd best batsman many times in recent past .....are u sharing the same low quality **** that he is smoking that u cant understand the diff between 2nd best n avg . 

In odi n t20 he aint avg - he is unbeatable on his days but he has limitation but the modern cricket doesnt test that on most days ....

In test - he is not meant for that version

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

didnt i just call him team 2nd best batsman many times in recent past .....are u sharing the same low quality **** that he is smoking that u cant understand the diff between 2nd best n avg . 

In odi n t20 he aint avg - he is unbeatable on his days but he has limitation but the modern cricket doesnt test that on most days ....

In test - he is not meant for that version

Fair enough about Rohit

8 hours ago, kruiser said:

Pandya has not failed. Or maybe we are watching different sports

We clearly are watching something different.

H Kapil Dev Pandya Batting 8.66 ave Bowling 0.66 wkts/game. Reincarnation of Beefy.

Thakur 1 game same 4 wkts.

Would the team not be better off by playing a professional bowler or batsman rather than someone who is half bass in everything.

We clearly are watching different stuff.

PS: I dont smoke.

Edited by Khota
4 hours ago, Khota said:

H Kapil Dev Pandya Batting 8.66 ave Bowling 0.66 wkts/game. Reincarnation of Beefy.

Would the team not be better off by playing a professional bowler or batsman rather than someone who is half bass in everything.

Have you seen how he got those 4 wickets...

Doesn't give me too much confidence....

For me Iyer + Thakur  = Pandya  :) .... just kidding... All the 3 are mediacore

Edited by gakgupta
4 hours ago, Khota said:

If you play a bowler, you are a batsman short and you will have no hitter in the team. If you play a batsman, you will only have four bowlers. Pandya is the best option at this point at 7. We had jaddu and Axar at 7 who have combined played just one match winning innings. Jaddu has also been an average ODI bowler too.  

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

If you play a bowler, you are a batsman short and you will have no hitter in the team. If you play a batsman, you will only have four bowlers. Pandya is the best option at this point at 7. We had jaddu and Axar at 7 who have combined played just one match winning innings. Jaddu has also been an average ODI bowler too.  

With Pandya you neither have a batsman nor a bowler.

Just now, Khota said:

With Pandya you neither have a batsman nor a bowler.

all he needs to bowl 7 overs or so per match in a reasonably tidy manner and pick up a wkt. with the bat, avg around 30 with a 100+ SR is enough. he meets all these criteria. he does not need to be a "genuine" allrounder.

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

all he needs to bowl 7 overs or so per match in a reasonably tidy manner and pick up a wkt. with the bat, avg around 30 with a 100+ SR is enough. he meets all these criteria. he does not need to be a "genuine" allrounder.

He makes 8 runs and picks 2/3 of a wkt. Even based on your criteria he does not hack it.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

He makes 8 runs and picks 2/3 of a wkt. Even based on your criteria he does not hack it.

i meant across his career. are you claiming his career avg is 8? plenty of batsmen have avg 8 in an odi series/even a test series. he was a big let-down with the bat but he needs another series of poor form before being dropped.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

i meant across his career. are you claiming his career avg is 8? plenty of batsmen have avg 8 in an odi series/even a test series. he was a big let-down with the bat but he needs another series of poor form before being dropped.

I think six games at a stretch are enough. Someone else needs to step up.

13 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Reminds me of mohit Sharma and that is not a good thing 

Mohit did alright last world cup except semis but then semis everyone got hammered. 

On topic, after watching recent U19 WC it was surprising to see bowlers from most top nations bowling between 83-89mph, few deliveries was even around 91 mph however more surprising part was that batsman from top teams werent uncomfortable facing such pace (I would love to see how Virat would have faced a bret lee or akhtar at their peak ). Unless you bowl 100mph i dont think sheet pace is going to get you wickets, it will be bhuvi / philander type of bowlers. 

Why have the two spinner successful cause they are actual spinner no darts like bhaji or jaddu. 

I also want to see these SA batsman face dhanajaya, he is going to run through them. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
3 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think six games at a stretch are enough. Someone else needs to step up.

mostly a case of TINA. other spin-bowling allrounders are equally toothless with the ball and can't score fast enough. as for pace allrounders, options include stuart binny and rishi dhawan. only real possibility is shankar, but his bowling is crap.