Raina is here .

Stuge

38 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Hes the best T20 player in the country , I know statistically Virat is way ahead ..but Raina before he lost his form ( or marriage ) was rated among the best in the world . That ability to start timing the ball from the very first ball is very very rare .

Yes, people forget this very easily. This and they mix uo the 50 overs stats with t20 a lot. 

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We need someone who can bowl more overs 

Krunal n shankar shud be the guys 

Any guarantee that they would work in international cricket.Look at how Iyer and Pandey are struggling.I have not seen VijayShankar but from whatever I have seen of Krunal, he looks like a poor man's Yousuf Pathan who can hack only spinners.Raina is a proven player and is only 31.

7 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Any guarantee that they would work in international cricket.Look at how Iyer and Pandey are struggling.I have not seen VijayShankar but from whatever I have seen of Krunal, he looks like a poor man's Yousuf Pathan who can hack only spinners.Raina is a proven player and is only 31.

do u guarntee raina wud work, he was struggling to make runs in domestic to 

Raina weekness is knwn to world and his poor perfomances led to him being axed , yesterday was a small sample but still it was evident raina still has a fear of short pitch bowling that has led to his downfall

Raina is an underachiever, he was a walking wicket against good pace attack do u guarantee he ll succeed now 

Shankar is a quality batsman n is good enough to bat at 4 also , also can give me more overs then raina

Krunal is gr8 against spinners and can get better against pace n he can be a good investment , raina ko kitne saal ho gaye aaj tak bouncer khelna nhin aaya . Lets atleast invest in krunal n in many condition he ll be a very handy bowler

Raina wud max give 3-5 overs, need someone who can give 5+ overs. 

3 hours ago, Lala said:

Raina still cant play for bouncer. SA knows his weak point and pacers bowled continuously bouncers to him even though he hit few shots. Raina is yet to work on facing bouncers I believe :agree: 

he has tried to work on it but just hasn't been able to rectify it. I think it is a bravery issue. I remember when I played my first pull shot, I just went for it and it came out of the middle. Once you get used to it you get addicted e.g. Ponting. If you have bad experiences early on then I reckon you will always struggle. 

Was doing batting analysis of current   :csk: players for the upcoming IPL and my cricket acumen tells me that he wont last long.

Looks like after he got dropped from the indian team , he was training in yo-yo skills rather than improving his batting against short pitch stuff.

How to face a fast bowler ( not phast ) who might bowl a bouncer or short pitch ball  ( without getting hurt ), Raina style.

Move 2 feet outside the leg stump and whack towards cow corner or loft it over offside. 

Torture will continue :p:

image.png

image.png

To put it in simple words - he played with the attitude of a tail ender/ Shahid afridi. He looked like he wanted to make the maximum of his short duration of stay at the crease. Whereas Manish Pandey played like he was entitled to waste as many balls as possible because Indian team needs him to settle down as a permanent player and who cares if we lose the game... Ajinkya rahane plays LoI cricket with this same "entitled attitude".