Question: does Steve Smith get into Aus T20 side?

SG1994

With the Aussie batting as it is, and btw I think it is absolutely awesome line up with massive hitters all the way down, does Steve Smith get back into the team? I personally don't think so and I think this is going to start herald the removal of players like him who are quality but just haven't got the force really the brute power even. Williamson today against NZ was poor, made 8 off 13 chasing 190 odd, but NZ seem to stick with him - he isnt a t20 player.

Players like root, they have played some quality knocks in t20 cricket as has smith in the ipl to be fair but what do you guys think? I was gonna say Kohli as well but he has fantastic consistency and runs so well between wickets that by the time he does go to up the tempo he's doing good on strike rate anyway. But then again don't like him coming in at 4...

What are your guys thoughts?

Root, Smith, Williamson all have a place to bat at 3 or open for their respective sides just like Kohli.

Don’t go by recent Aussie victories. A lot of times these players together might struggle in different conditions. You need someone sensible in the batting line up who can change gears when needed and also bat till 20th at a higher rate when team is struggling in different condito’s. All those 4 names mentioned above can do that job much better than guys like Warner, Dhawan, Lynn, Guptill, Munro, Roy etc.

They would walk into their respective t20 line ups any day.