Rohit and Dhawan ....test career future??

Dhawan and Rohit deserve to be dropped from the test squad, they are just not the right players for the test team. The playing XI which India played in the 3rd test had the ideal batting lineup. Except for Parthiv Patel's inclusion, the lineup was exactly what the India team required in overseas conditions.

As far as grooming others is concerned, yes, I do believe that is the right way forward. Probably grooming someone like Prithvi Shaw will do the trick. Vijay is 34, he doesn't have much time left, Shaw or Gill might fit well.

Nair shud go to England in place of rohit, even though i doubt that will happen 

I dnt see any series in between where they ll try another opener so i expect dhawan to be 3rd opener or who knws with kohli he might start as 1st after piling runs in odi or worst they ll take mukund. 

Such poor calls is the reason we are not playing to our full potential 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt see any series in between where they ll try another opener so i expect dhawan to be 3rd opener or who knws with kohli he might start as 1st after piling runs in odi or worst they ll take mukund

He is a walking wicket. If he or either PP is playing, then it is definitely an ominous sign.

Agree with your point that Nair should be taken to England, but Rohit will not be replaced. 

Edited by Turning_track
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt see any series in between where they ll try another opener so i expect dhawan to be 3rd opener or who knws with kohli he might start as 1st after piling runs in odi or worst they ll take mukund. 

wonderful call!!!     rohit sharma is walking wicket as has problems outside off and also when ball moves in ....but i still think there is a case for dhawan........my theory is to bring dhawan in middle order -where he doesn't faces new ball and can dominate the spinner .

if dhawan will face 30 overs old ball..who knows??? might score heavily at sr above-70 and also is a left-hander

27 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhawan will be an ATG opener in both tests and LOIs...mark my word. The most clutch player in Indian team after Kohli. Cant understand why ICF ers don't rate him.

Rohit...lol. A rubbish FTB.

i do think that if dhawan adjusts to bounce and tweaks a little ..he can be a good attacking opener....but time is over for  ROHIT-Rohit

Edited by LORD_analyst
49 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhawan will be an ATG opener in both tests and LOIs...mark my word. The most clutch player in Indian team after Kohli. Cant understand why ICF ers don't rate him.

Rohit is done for Tests, I agree.

While I do agree that Dhawan may be persisted with in Tests, at 32 he's not going to have the time to be an ATG Test opener.  Openers tend to finish by the mid thirties and given then time he likely has, at best, I feel his Tests ceiling is that of someone who's done a good job.  ODis is another matter.

2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

wonderful call!!!     rohit sharma is walking wicket as has problems outside off and also when ball moves in ....but i still think there is a case for dhawan........my theory is to bring dhawan in middle order -where he doesn't faces new ball and can dominate the spinner .

if dhawan will face 30 overs old ball..who knows??? might score heavily at sr above-70 and also is a left-hander

Dhawan is not that gr8 against spinners also . Gambhir was so had u taken his name i wud have agreed with u 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

coz of his bad overseas record 

Clutch in odi, test not much to show 

The few thing that wud work for dhawan

atleast has one good overseas tour

Lack of backup option or lack of chances given to those option 

Main openers not doing well to 

They both are fragile to 

But then again he doesnt give much confidence either . So no point wasting time on him to