Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TNAmarkFromIndia

The great Nidahas Trophy 2018-Pre Tournament Discussion

Recommended Posts

Pick 2 batsman and 2 bowlers from the regular team. So that we dont lose.

Rest 11 guys in the squad can be rookies.

My team : rahul, raina, chahal, kuldeep Pant hooda shanker Gill iyer krunal washington thampi nagarkoti khalil avesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2018 at 7:14 AM, vvvslaxman said:

T20 can be a double edged sword. Even really talented skilled players could flunk in T20.

We're suggesting T20 players for T20 format. If we lose, it doesn't matter. The point is to find potential national team members for more important tournaments like World T20 and possibly even blood them in to ODI squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:05 AM, rkt.india said:

But there is no FC at this point. He should play that when it is being played. FC is no requirement for one day selection anyway. FC is for test cricket.

I meant domestic cricket, so list A... but in any case FC experience hones skills and technique and temperament which can be applied to all forms of the game. It is far too soon for any of the U19 players to be playing international cricket. If anything it is worse to expose them to T20Is too soon- particularly when there are lots of other deserving candidates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, rkt.india said:

Even Pandey and Iyer are no t20 batsmen.

With Manish, agree in hindsight 114 SR seems too low- though he does have a century and 94 in IPL final

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sooda said:

With Manish, agree in hindsight 114 SR seems too low- though he does have a century and 94 in IPL final

 

 

He can play extraordinary innings once in a while but hasn't developed as a quintessential t20 bat. Iyer has more potential as a t20 bat. He is younger and has power. Has an SR of 139 last IPL. Pandey's IPL SR is 120.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

team i wud like to see

 

Rohit (captain)

Kishen 

Raina/ Nair/ (depends if raina performs this time or else i wud like Nair to be in loop somehow)

KL rahul 

Rana

Shankar

KrunaL 

Pant ( pant n kishen shud both be taken acc to me )

Hooda

Sundar

Kuldeep

Chahal 

Khaleel 

unadkat

Thampi

Kulwant

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

We can also try Shubman Gill especially in matches against Bangladesh 

to soon i feel, i wud want him to play may be odi or even test 1st

Their is so much talent for t20 who have been doing well. While making my side i was feeling bad that i cudnt fit samson n tripathi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

to soon i feel, i wud want him to play may be odi or even test 1st

Their is so much talent for t20 who have been doing well. While making my side i was feeling bad that i cudnt fit samson n tripathi. 

Too soon of course if playing against bigger teams.  That's why I said he needs to be given matches against minnows like Bangladesh whose bowling line up is no better than their u19 side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Too soon of course if playing against bigger teams.  That's why I said he needs to be given matches against minnows like Bangladesh whose bowling line up is no better than their u19 side. 

Exactly!! Fully agree with you, Pakistan u19 against whom gill scored 100 haf better bowling attack than bangLOLdesh, worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K Gowtham could be an option too.

5 hours ago, bowl_out said:

From the selectors’ viewpoint Karthik, Jadhav, even Pandey haven’t done anything bad (or good) to get dropped. They might rest Kohli and maybe Bhuvi/Bumrah. 

Don’t expect any other changes

^ that's right.. and it would be fair to at least give Kartik a few games given he has been in the squads of late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nidahas Trophy itinerary [All games at R. Premadasa Stadium]:

March 6 - Sri Lanka vs India

March 8 - Bangladesh vs India

March 10 - Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh

March 12 - India vs Sri Lanka

March 14 - India vs Bangladesh

March 16 - Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka

March 18 - Final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy that it is just T20s. Less time, less torture. I'd love to have this XI play this series. 

 

Mayank Agarwal 

KL Rahul

Raina (c) 

Pant (wk) 

Nitish Rana

Deepak Hooda 

H Pandya

Kuldeep 

Chahal 

Khaleel

Saini

 

Deepak Hooda as sixth bowling option. Rana and Raina can roll over their arm too. 

 

Sundar, K Pandya, Thampi, Gill as reserves. 

 

Edited by Jamadagni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SL are mentally scarred against India, BD probably will compete with India. But SL BD is a wierd setup now, BD is mentally scarred with SL lolz after the recent rear end violations that they received at their hands. 

 

it will be fun series. Rohit Dhawan etc will score mountains of runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, saik said:

Nidahas Trophy itinerary [All games at R. Premadasa Stadium]:

March 6 - Sri Lanka vs India

March 8 - Bangladesh vs India

March 10 - Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh

March 12 - India vs Sri Lanka

March 14 - India vs Bangladesh

March 16 - Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka

March 18 - Final

5 games india will be playing out of 7

More money SL will earns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bowl_out said:

From the selectors’ viewpoint Karthik, Jadhav, even Pandey haven’t done anything bad (or good) to get dropped. They might rest Kohli and maybe Bhuvi/Bumrah. 

Don’t expect any other changes

I would drop/rest dhoni let kartik keep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×