Sign in to follow this  
TNAmarkFromIndia

The great Nidahas Trophy 2018-Pre Tournament Discussion

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Should but wont happen

Hopefully will if they took a hint from Kohli when he said that they play too much against the likes of Sri Lanka.

I'd love for them to try out a completely new batting line-up made up of players outside of the regulars like even Pandey and Iyer. It's a T20I series anyway and not ODIs. See how they do in the shortest format against low-level international opponents.

15 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

But this is a great opportunity for Rohit, Dhawan, KOhli and Dhoni to pad up their stats especially Rohit. He could use this series after SA tour.  

Lol. And Dhawan is not even a T20 player, a gateway entry through this series for him. I doubt anyone could afford to miss this series. 

It is a T20I tournament 

Kohli , Hardik, Bumrah, Bhuvi  need rest

1. Rahul

2. Rohit   ( c )

3. Iyer

4. Gill  ( can be played only against weak teams who are like our FC teams ) 

5. Shankar

6. Pant  ( wk )

7. Krunal

8. Kuldeep

9. Chahal

10. Unadkat 

11. Khaleel  / Thampi

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is a T20I tournament 

1. Rahul

2. Rohit   ( c )

3. Iyer

4. Gill

5. Shankar

6. Pant  ( wk )

7. Krunal

8. Kuldeep

9. Chahal

10. Unadkat 

11. Khaleel  / Thampi

gill, shankar pant krunal glad you arent the selector

17 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

But this is a great opportunity for Rohit, Dhawan, KOhli and Dhoni to pad up their stats especially Rohit. He could use this series after SA tour.  

What do you mean by kohli and dhwan, they are the only 2 bankable player who is performing in SA. However rahane, dhoni and rohit ll have buffet there.

23 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

gill, shankar pant krunal glad you arent the selector

People can have issues with Gill's selection.   Normally,  I would not select him.  Doing so only because SL and Bangladesh are weak teams and can provide him with some much needed experience with no FC cricket happening..

This is a T20I tournament.  Pant was one of the best batters in SMA Trophy this year.

Krunal is one of our best T20 players, as we have seen in the IPL.  Have played for our A-team ...  that means he is considered by selectors as a Team India prospect.

Same with Shankar, who has been playing for our A team.

Why do you have issues with Pant, Krunal and Shankar for a T20 team  ?

18 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I don’t want to rest all the regular players as I hate to see India lose, but we can surely rest majority of the players.

I would rest Kohli, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Dhawan for sure. The are more vital.

Rohit Sharma will most likely captain.

You still want dhoni there

18 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

But this is a great opportunity for Rohit , Dhawan, and Dhoni to pad up their stats especially Rohit. He could use this series after SA tour.  

EXACTLY! All these Intl-T20 TTFs will use the cra.ppy series to add runs.

Edited by fineleg

In the batting department, i  would like to see Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav and Shreyas Iyer play all matches as middle order players (4,5,6). Let us see who is more versatile, who comes out as successful batsman against same opponents and in similar condition so that we can make a fair comparison and identify possibly atleast one performer  who needs to be given long rope. 

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

What do you mean by kohli and dhwan, they are the only 2 bankable player who is performing in SA. However rahane, dhoni and rohit ll have buffet there.

Virat would HATE not to add more runs under his belt against SL and Bangladesh, no matter how excellent he is.

Dhawan sucks in T20, but against SL and Bangladesh, he has a chance to score plenty of runs.

Rahane will not play as this is T20 fixture.

Rohit and Dhoni will certainly be waiting for this series with bated breath. 

Edited by WC2011INDIA

1 minute ago, fineleg said:

Wont happen with MSK Prasad, Ravi Shastri and Virat Kohli at selection meetings.

Unfortunately you are correct. These guys are not forward thinking and have no concept how sports are played at next level. If there was a half way decent coach  he would have given an opportunity to everyone. Like they say "clear the bench".

Think Rohit can go he can captain the team. It might leave the team too weak if he too was not playing

Rest Virat, Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah, Hardik

Drop Shikar, MSD

How about...

Lokesh

Rohit (c)

Iyer

Pandey

Raina

Pant

Hooda

Axar

Rajpoot

Yuzvendra

Jaidev

Sundar, Nair, Samson, Thampi, Krunal

Plethora of SLA bolwers !

I know Thakur and Siraj made T20i squads but not convinnced they are limted overs bowlers

Edited by Sooda

56 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Think Rohit can go he can captain the team. It might leave the team too weak if he too was not playing

Drop Shikar, MSD

How about...

Lokesh

Rohit (c)

Iyer

Pandey

Raina

Pant

Hooda

Axar

Rajpoot

Yuzvendra

Jaidev

I know Thakur and Siraj made T20i squads but not convinnced they are limted overs bowlers

Raina !!! O please . Point is to play Young kids 

26 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Raina !!! O please . Point is to play Young kids 

Had a good SMA trophy including a century, need a blend of youth and experience to do well , some seasoned hands to guide the youngsters

Also if a player is good enough and performing well, then theyre good enough -  regardless of age. If Raina is in form this is the time to play him and hope he does well.

Comtrary ro people wanting to rest Pandya, I want to see him bat higher up the order in this series or bat more overs. If we play youngsters, he will mkst likely bat early as we are bound to have few wicket falls early, so no harm in him playing this series. It will only help his batting if he can bat through out if India are 30-3 or something. He doesn’t get to do that all he time when Kohli and co are playing and often its hard for him or any one for that matter to hit from ball 1.

I don’t think he will be rested as he had anyway asked for rest in december and he did get one.

38 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Had a good SMA trophy including a century, need a blend of youth and experience to do well , some seasoned hands to guide the youngsters

Also if a player is good enough and performing well, then theyre good enough -  regardless of age. If Raina is in form this is the time to play him and hope he does well.

Raina should be playing every t20 series. He is better t20 batsman than Pant, Rahane, Pandya, Pandey, Iyer, Dhawan etc and right up there with Rohit and Kohli and at times better than the two.

If we have two early wicket fall, you will still see Raina acceleratint and taking he pressure of the team. He does that every time and he did that against England when we were in trouble against them in t20 when they last toured India for t20s.

Raina in 2020 is a different beast.  We shouldn’t ignore him.

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

It is a T20I tournament 

1. Rahul

2. Rohit   ( c )

3. Iyer

4. Gill  ( can be played only against weak teams who are like our FC teams ) 

5. Shankar

6. Pant  ( wk )

7. Krunal

8. Kuldeep

9. Chahal

10. Unadkat 

11. Khaleel  / Thampi

Good squad, but surely much much too soon for Gill. Needs two FC seasons 

6 hours ago, Sooda said:

Drop Shikar, MSD

How about...

Lokesh

Rohit (c)

Iyer

Pandey

Raina

Pant

Hooda

Axar

Rajpoot

Yuzvendra

Jaidev

Plethora of SLA bolwers !Iter 

I am glad you selects Rohit ( ready for kill) and Hooda much deserved  but please no Raina please finds Allrounder, BCCI drops Sundar so no sundar for a while

pant,Pandey,Iyer good choice 

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

I am not recommending Gill to be a regular member of team India.  He needs a few FC and List A games to graduate to the next level.

But the current SL and Bangladeshi teams are about the same strength as a good state side in India and playing them would be akin to FC-level experience.

As there are no domestic games after the VH Trophy, Gill's development will be hastened by playing against these 2 weaker teams.  

Also, with so much cricket going on, we must, as a matter of policy, rest the multi-format players against weak teams in LOIs.... and play the next in line players.

I hope that I have been able to explain my view-point     : )

2 hours ago, Sooda said:

But there is no FC at this point. He should play that when it is being played. FC is no requirement for one day selection anyway. FC is for test cricket.

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

People can have issues with Gill's selection.   Normally,  I would not select him.  Doing so only because SL and Bangladesh are weak teams and can provide him with some much needed experience with no FC cricket happening..

This is a T20I tournament.  Pant was one of the best batters in SMA Trophy this year.

Krunal is one of our best T20 players, as we have seen in the IPL.  Have played for our A-team ...  that means he is considered by selectors as a Team India prospect.

Same with Shankar, who has been playing for our A team.

Why do you have issues with Pant, Krunal and Shankar for a T20 team  ?

Gill has to go through domestic grind. Krunal is a poor mans dinesh Mongia I don’t want him representing India in any format. Why is pant the obvious choice for keeper in t20. Why not Samson?

8 hours ago, Sooda said:

Drop Shikar, MSD

How about...

Lokesh

Rohit (c)

Iyer

Pandey

Raina

Pant

Hooda

Axar

Rajpoot

Yuzvendra

Jaidev

Even Pandey and Iyer are no t20 batsmen.

20 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Gill has to go through domestic grind. Krunal is a poor mans dinesh Mongia I don’t want him representing India in any format. Why is pant the obvious choice for keeper in t20. Why not Samson?

Why is krunal poor man's dinesh mongia? Why a batsman with highest t20 SR in India should not be played in t20 cricket? Look at Darcy short, one good BBL and he is playing t20 for Aus, krunal has two good IPL in a row, so, no fluke, he should be in our t20 team asap. 

Edited by rkt.india

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why is krunal poor man's dinesh mongia? Why a batsman with highest t20 SR in India should not be played in t20 cricket? Look at Darcy short, one good BBL and he is playing t20 for India, krunal has two good IPL in a row, so, no fluke, he should be in our t20 team asap. 

Raina had an even better ipl so based on your criteria am glad he is chosen ahead of krunal

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Raina had an even better ipl so based on your criteria am glad he is chosen ahead of krunal

Raina isn't an alrounder, krunal is and i am never against Raina's inclusion in t20

Edited by rkt.india

56 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Gill has to go through domestic grind.

He will ... but no domestic matches till year end.   It is better that he plays against weak teams that are like our domestic sides rather than sitting at home.  This will give him domestic-cricket-like experience.

Krunal is a poor mans dinesh Mongia I don’t want him representing India in any format.

There is no comparison with Dinesh Mongia who was an accumulator and low SR batter.

Krunal is a high SR batter ... SR of 158 in the IPL  with an average of 34.  He is an economical bowler too  ... and looks like an ideal package for LOIs.  As far as I know, he will get a call-up this year and it was delayed due to a major injury.

Why is pant the obvious choice for keeper in t20. Why not Samson?

1.  Pant is a very good keeper.  Samson does not keep regularly.

2. Pant was the 2nd highest run-getter in the just concluded SMA Trophy  ( T20 tournament )  , averaging 46 with a SR of 196.  Samson averaged 44 but had a SR of 144.  This team is for a T20I tournament and it is better to choose a batter in T20 form.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Raina isn't an alrounder, krunal is and i am never against Raina's inclusion in t20

Look if krunal is selected ill whole heartedly support him like i support any indian player. Its just that i dont see him succeeding. Sure i understand we wont know till he has actually played but lets just see how he does in A tours.

19 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Look if krunal is selected ill whole heartedly support him like i support any indian player. Its just that i dont see him succeeding. Sure i understand we wont know till he has actually played but lets just see how he does in A tours.

Krunal has played for India A in SA ... and has done well in his role as a slog-over high SR batter and economical bowler.

We need lower-middle order big hitter all-rounders  and Krunal is one of the few available.

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

He has already been on A tour and did reasonably well. A tour are no criteria for T20 cricket. IPL is. We are not selecting him for test cricket to see how he does on A tour.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.