Time to get Jadeja back in the ODI mix

narenpande1

He is our most economical ODI spinner on all pitches - darts it in and is difficult to hit out compared to others. Gun fielder and can hit the big shots against spinners and medium pacers.

I think playing 2 attacking wristies is very risky not ODIs - especially in England where it is not going to turn so much.

I would play Jadeja over Ashwin anyday in ODIS.

Only one of chahal and Yadav should play 

( mostly Yadav )

Jadeja is not a bad option 

gun fielder

Decent option at 8, was crap at 7 thought but a @ 8 not bad

A bowler who can keep it tight

Experinced player who has done well in englad

But the question is

Do we want a defensive bowler in squad????? at this point when we have to wkt taking bowler i dnt think so anyone wud take jadeja as option. He cant be selected as an all rounder .

It also looks like Axar is ahead of jaddu now , even though i like jadeja better then axar

With Krunal also avl as an all rounder option things dnt look good for jadeja in LOI

At this point looks very very tough with jadeja but u never knw. He is not a bad backup option 

These are Jadeja's bowling averages against the top 8 teams that played in the recently concluded Champion's Trophy: 

56.22 vs Australia (23 matches)
47.14 vs Bangladesh (9 matches) 
24.27 vs England (22 matches) 
73.00 vs New Zealand (8 matches) 
36.00 vs Pakistan (8 matches) 
36.90 vs South Africa (9 matches) 
41.83 vs Sri Lanka (27 matches) 

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

These are Jadeja's bowling averages against the top 8 teams that played in the recently concluded Champion's Trophy: 

56.22 vs Australia (23 matches)
47.14 vs Bangladesh (9 matches) 
24.27 vs England (22 matches) 
73.00 vs New Zealand (8 matches) 
36.00 vs Pakistan (8 matches) 
36.90 vs South Africa (9 matches) 
41.83 vs Sri Lanka (27 matches) 

Even I would have voted the OP as a troll until I see that mysteriously good average of Jadeja against England and the sample space is not small too. Probably worth looking into for the upcoming Eng series!

19 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Nothing to see here. Just troll vote the OP and move on.

The WC is in England NOT the subcontinent or Asia. Look back at history and find any team that has won anything worth substance in England or outside Asia with 2 attacking spinners. It just does not work. 2003 WC in South Africa too, we dropped Kumble in favor of Harbhajan and played just one spinner. 

Just because South African batsmen suck against the nolvelty of these guys does not mean they are WC material. They will be found out in IPL once the novelty wears out - and experience starts to matter.

Jadeja keeps it tight ( less than 5 eco) and is great overall utility. 

With a thick brain like yours - you will  not understand. 

On 2/23/2018 at 4:16 AM, sarcastic said:

Even I would have voted the OP as a troll until I see that mysteriously good average of Jadeja against England and the sample space is not small too. Probably worth looking into for the upcoming Eng series!

But that is versus England and not in England.