Hardik Pandya doesn't contribute with bat, lucky to be called all-rounder: Roger Binny

saik

On 2/23/2018 at 11:55 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

bhuvi outscores hardik in both test and ODIs, noone calls bhuvi allrounder. I really hope he comes back strongly

There are different levels of all rounder. someone who can score 100, someone who can score 50s, Someone can contribute to the team with 30s. Ashwin is above Pandya, Jadeja, Bhuvi. Then Pandya who has the capability to be a decent batsman. Just that stupid shot selection lets him down. Bhuvi comes next. He has organized technique. Always tries to get inline.  Jaddu comes next even though he should have been above Pandya based on his domestic. Sadly it is a mystery that we will never understand. Jayant Yadav is another solid batsman we should keep in the reserve. If only he develops his bowling skill he will be a big asset.

I don't care about Binny's intentions but Pandya that batsman was a big disappointment. Poor technique coupled with lack of situational awareness.

Pandya at 6 and Saha at 7 makes me really nervous on spicy pitches abroad. I can imagine typical scores of 220/4 to 235 all out against Starc and companies with these guys.

Pandya will be a giant in subcontinent conditions where he can be a good-enough second fast bowling option should captain decide to play 3 spinners and his batting inadequacies won't be exposed as much. 

Edited by GolGappe
On 3/4/2018 at 9:59 AM, GolGappe said:

I don't care about Binny's intentions but Pandya that batsman was a big disappointment. Poor technique coupled with lack of situational awareness.

Pandya at 6 and Saha at 7 makes me really nervous on spicy pitches abroad. I can imagine typical scores of 220/4 to 235 all out against Starc and companies with these guys.

Pandya will be a giant in subcontinent conditions where he can be a good-enough second fast bowling option should captain decide to play 3 spinners and his batting inadequacies won't be exposed as much. 

but our 8 and 9 will be relatively solid (Ashwin and Bhuvi).

38 minutes ago, zen said:

Pandya, currently, is in a league of his own as someone who can not only bowl quick but also massacre bowling attacks (esp on his day) .... And he is likely to reach his peak in near future

When he peaks he can play. Right now more deserving people need to play.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

When he peaks he can play. Right now more deserving people need to play.

That anyone else is "more deserving" is debatable. He is already winning matches for Ind and contributing so is a great addition to the side. Should continue to play as he will not only contribute but keep improving! 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who are those more deserving 

power hitters ?

seaming all rounder? 

that we dont know of 

Pandya can easily be replaced by proper batsman or a proper bowler. One man cannot excel in both batting and bowling. It is not possible. But if you talk about bits and pieces player he is better than others.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Pandya can easily be replaced by proper batsman or a proper bowler. One man cannot excel in both batting and bowling. It is not possible. But if you talk about bits and pieces player he is better than others.

ok suggest me only a better hitter at no.7 then hardik.....cant play a technically sound batsman at 7 like rahane or pujara 

If u have forgotten we did play jadeja at 7 for many years who was more of a bowler and that was one of the biggest weakness of our batting lineup for yrs n yrs

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Pandya should play every LOI game we need him to come good and he seems like a big occassion player. If he grows as a player and has a good 1-2 IPLs he will be a very handy player.

india's issue is relying on him too much where their primary bowler choices are weak or weak batsmen are picked. Thats why we need a settled middle order so he can do his thing.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Every player peaks only when he has played a substantial number of international matches.  

I understand that. This Nidhas trophy was the place for Pandya not SA. he has long way to go.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

didnt he play a brilliant knock in test and bowled really well in Odi 

If a seaming all rounder place isnt in SA , god knws where it wud be

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ok suggest me only a better hitter at no.7 then hardik.....cant play a technically sound batsman at 7 like rahane or pujara 

If u have forgotten we did play jadeja at 7 for many years who was more of a bowler and that was one of the biggest weakness of our batting lineup for yrs n yrs

Pandya in all instances should have been replaced by a real bowler. Except for tests the batting depth was never called upon. Any real bowler could have done more damage.

It goes back to what I have been saying . Allrounders do not exist.

Let me put my point forward in another way. Can the same athlete be asked to to do 100 m dash and marathon? No.

Similarly batting and bowling are different skillsets. One person cannot do both.