Why was Dhoni so Angry??

gakgupta

Here's the situation...

You were the captain...you called all the shots. You used to decide who bats when. Lot of opportunities to get big scores, and you can come to the crease whenever you feel comfortable.

Now you're not the captain anymore. Reflexes have come down a bit. Playing under a junior captain who backs you but he can do only so much for you.

Critics are calling for your head and you have a second string bowling attack and this is a perfect opportunity to make full use of it to stamp your claim in the team. You're middling the ball well  and want to take the strike but Pandey doesn't respond to your call. He is doing sight seeing at the crowd:giggle::giggle:

What else do you expect Dhoni to do lol.

30 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Here's the situation...

You were the captain...you called all the shots. You used to decide who bats when. Lot of opportunities to get big scores, and you can come to the crease whenever you feel comfortable.

Now you're not the captain anymore. Reflexes have come down a bit. Playing under a junior captain who backs you but he can do only so much for you.

Critics are calling for your head and you have a second string bowling attack and this is a perfect opportunity to make full use of it to stamp your claim in the team. You're middling the ball well  and want to take the strike but Pandey doesn't respond to your call. He is doing sight seeing at the crowd:giggle::giggle:

Wrong interpretation, it was Pandey who stroked the ball to mid on and ran for a single, infact Dhoni wanted a second and give the strike back to Pandey. But Pandey's lapse in concentration turned into a blessing in disguise for Dhoni as he hit the next ball for six, and also scored a 50.

7 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Wrong interpretation, it was Pandey who stroked the ball to mid on and ran for a single, infact Dhoni wanted a second and give the strike back to Pandey. But Pandey's lapse in concentration turned into a blessing in disguise for Dhoni as he hit the next ball for six, and also scored a 50.

second at mid on?

51 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Here's the situation...

The bolded part is not correct.

Pandey was on strike and hit it towards to long on/mid-wicket area. Dhoni called for two but Pandey kept looking at the fielder and settled for one. The gaali was not because he was looking at the crowd but because he was looking at the fielder and settled for one. Dhoni was pissed at Pandey for not trusting his call.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant and Pandey are not paharis.  They are probably Kumauni or Garhwalis. Paharis is a word mainly used for Jaunsar-Bawar tribe.

Well I am a Garhwali and we've been- my relatives, friends and acquaintances - been using the term 'Pahari' to describe ourselves for at least 2 generations that I know. 

It's common usage in UK particularly when you do not want to categorise something or someone as Kumaoni or Garhwali.

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant and Pandey are not paharis.  They are probably Kumauni or Garhwalis. Paharis is a word mainly used for Jaunsar-Bawar tribe.

All uttrakhandis are paharis ...garhwalis , kumaonis , or jaunsari or others like nepalis ...people originally from hills. Infact I would say all people from the Himalayan region.

When we use pahari , it means hill people from uttarakhand.

Pandey is Kumaoni .

Pant could be garhwali or kumaoni.

Suyal is garhwali 

Negi ...most probably garhwali 

Chand ...most probably garhwali 

Dhoni is kumaoni.....married to garhwali .

Kya pata pandey ke khandaan ki dhoni ke khandaan se puraani dushmani ho.:spy::dontknow:....jking .

Edited by beetle
20 minutes ago, beetle said:

All uttrakhandis are paharis ...garhwalis , kumaonis , or jaunsari or others like nepalis ...people originally from hills. Infact I would say all people from the Himalayan region.

When we use pahari , it means hill people from uttarakhand.

Pandey is Kumaoni .

Pant could be garhwali or kumaoni.

Suyal is garhwali 

Negi ...most probably garhwali 

Chand ...most probably garhwali 

Dhoni is kumaoni.....married to garhwali .

Kya pata pandey ke khandaan ki dhoni ke khandaan se puraani dushmani ho.:spy::dontknow:....jking .

Don't start telling them about Kumaoni -Garhwali rivalry.... puri ki puri poll khul jayegi  :p:

Edited by NameGoesHere
14 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Don't start telling them about Kumaoni -Garhwali rivalry.... puri ki puri poll khul jayegi  :p:

And the brahmin rajput rivalry that follows within the garhwali kumaonis.

Tell me about it ...I am a pot pourii  of all of that or a pot pahari with a tiny hint of nepali ( recent revelation:rolleyes:) .

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

And the brahmin rajput rivalry that follows within the garhwali kumaonis.

Tell me about it ...I am a pot pourii  of all of that or a pot pahari with a tiny hint of nepali ( recent revelation:rolleyes:) .

Being pahari also means wherever you go you meet someone who's related to you or related to a relation...forget 6 degrees, this here is 2 degrees of separation..

And coming back to topic, perhaps Pahari Dhoni just realized that Pahari Pandey was a relation whose grandfather owed his grandfather (both first cousins) some money.....

Edited by NameGoesHere
14 hours ago, someone said:

I guess you have never played any competitive games. Such languages is part of the game and even more so among teammates.

I know it's part of the game.....I can / will expect something like this from kohli.....But, i was surprised that it came from Dhoni...

I have been watching Dhoni from last 12 years and he never seem to loose temper like that