So it's established that Karthik is better T20I batsman than Rahul

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

In Kohli’s books, Rahul is an opener and a backup for Dhawan and can’t play in the middle order.

No matter how many stats on SR and averages are shown, that’s not going to change.

Rahul has a 100 at 4. Australia brought their openers in middle order in recent t20 and there is no difference between openers and middle order batsman in t20.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Rahul has a 100 at 4. Australia brought their openers in middle order in recent t20 and there is no difference between openers and middle order batsman in t20.

Kohli doesn't seem to think so.. He keeps saying often that Rahul is a back up opener.

12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

So what's the reason? Care to explain?

In shorter format both ODIs and t20, he hasnt scored when not opening. Yesterday our first choice rohit and dhawan were available, so they rightly played kartik who is a middle order batsman than Rahul an openers known to struggle in middle order. 

2 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

In shorter format both ODIs and t20, he hasnt scored when not opening. Yesterday our first choice rohit and dhawan were available, so they rightly played kartik who is a middle order batsman than Rahul an openers known to struggle in middle order. 

Also, people are failing to notice Karthick did his job today. His little cameo which added valuable runs to team INdian total has been vital. Rahul would not have done much better!!! 

Rahul is valuable in test cricket and should be the first choice opener along with Vijay. In ODIs and T20s, we have to look for a middle order slot. 

1 minute ago, sarcastic said:

Also, people are failing to notice Karthick did his job today. His little cameo which added valuable runs to team INdian total has been vital. Rahul would not have done much better!!! 

Rahul is valuable in test cricket and should be the first choice opener along with Vijay. In ODIs and T20s, we have to look for a middle order slot. 

Exactly Kartick did his job because he was more equipped to handle that situation. Infact playing rahul in middle order would have been setting him up for failure.  

Rahul had a poor test series. No big deal he didnt get runs, noone from both sides scored but it was his stay, it looked as if he didnt belong at that level and thats the worry. 

25 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

What nonsense? Middle order, opener etc. In t20 as long as you have hitting ability (not accumulator) which Rahul has you can play at any position. Rahul has a century at 4 in t20. There is definitely some bias against Rahul. Kohli used to sing praises of Rahul a year and half before and suddenly he isn't even good enough to be a backup batsman. Iyer, Pandey, karthik, Axar everyone can make into team but not Rahul. Ridiculous. :facepalm:

Edited by Pollack
5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What nonsense? Middle order, opener etc. In t20 as long as you have hitting ability (not accumulator) which Rahul has you can play at any position. Rahul has a century at 4 in t20. There is definitely some bias against Rahul. Kohli used to sing praises of Rahul a year and half before and suddenly he isn't even good enough to be a backup batsman. Iyer, Pandey, karthik, Axar everyone can make into team but not Rahul. Ridiculous. :facepalm:

Last time rahul fans threw tantrum on his exclusion he thanked you all by scoring 30 in 4 innings. 

37 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Yes, he managed a meagre 100 only while not opening in T20.  That's so low, we have players scoring 300 in T20Is while not opening.

Please post videos of 18 centuries by DK in middle order.

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes, he managed a meagre 100 only while not opening in T20.  That's so low, we have players scoring 300 in T20Is while not opening.

Please post videos of 18 centuries by DK in middle order.

DK played his part in yesterdays win. We won the game and series. Why are you stil cribbing about Rahul ?

also do post videos of Rahul opening in test series facing philander against him scoring against russell, badri on an makeshift ground in a game where even an unknown windies batsman got a 100.

Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

DK played his part in yesterdays win. We won the game and series. Why are you stil cribbing about Rahul ?

also do post videos of Rahul opening in test series facing philander against him scoring against russell, badri on an makeshift ground in a game where even an unknown windies batsman got a 100.

Yes Rahul scored cheap 100 and DK has scored many of those cheap tons with left hand.

Looking for videos of his tons.

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes Rahul scored cheap 100 and DK has scored many of those cheap tons with left hand.

Looking for videos of his tons.

This thread was never about kartik. Anyways i wish Rahul all the very best and hope he does come to the party, till then you can continue remaining sad on a fantastic series win in SA. 

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

This thread was never about kartik. Anyways i wish Rahul all the very best and hope he does come to the party, till then you can continue remaining sad on a fantastic series win in SA. 

Ok, if it's not about Karthik, then still as you claimed previously that Rahul has failed while not opening in T20Is. How do you support that as you specifically methoned T20s?

A century is failure just because it was cheap. Is that what you meant? 

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Ok, if it's not about Karthik, then still as you claimed previously that Rahul has failed while not opening in T20Is. How do you support that as you specifically methoned T20s?

A century is failure just because it was cheap. Is that what you meant? 

Buddy, sure i might have written it but at no point am i going to call any international run cheap. Rahul is an talented batsman and we need to invest in him considering we will soon need replacements for Dhawan and Vijay.

My limited point was we as a team are winning and winning handsomely. How can we in such a situation point fingers at captain and management on being bias. You certainly feel the other way is fine. 

I remember when peter kirsten won an odi in nehru stadium despite us scoring little under 300. Year after year we went to SA and lost and i have shut tv in absolute horror or at times not even bothered tuning into the game cause i knew we will lose. For people like me this win is so sweet than rahul in team or not is just noise.