KL Rahul has both the highest SR and the highest average in the history of India's T20I cricket .... but is not getting a game even as a back-up.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He has batted at 5 and 6 in 20 out of his  58  T20I  innings.  So, there is some hope     : )

Sad but true.

For real? I was probably thinking about IPL then where he has mainly batted at 3-4. 

I guess his position will depend on the role he is given. 

Rahul needs to make himself a brand that no one can ignore. Needs to develop those crazy troll fans of social media/ newspapers. 

For that he should have the mindset of maximising these IPL season by scoring around atleast 500-600 runs rather than these meaningless nidahas trophy. No one will give a damn to this. 

He should mentally prepare himself for this IPL season. If he gets a chance in Nidahas Trophy, it's good. If he doesn't then also it's good. He shouldn't let non-selection hamper his confidence.

13 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

These thread are funny. We saw similar stuff before test series and Rahul was made to look like a school boy by SA bowlers. He is going to SL lets hope he gets runs and makes a strong case to be in first playing XI. . 

There where therads about not just kl , but also rahane and bk when they where left out in favour of our captains friends . Kl failed in two matches , but rahane won us the only match in the series . Even if rahane had failed any one who knows bit of cricket will tell you dropping him in favour of rohit is criminal , same with playing dhawan a proven failure overseas  over a young batsmen who recently won you a test series and had scored a 100 in every country and format he had played already in his short career .

Virat in his first tour against a weak team like wi got owned badly  repeatedly getting bounced , much worse against swing in England in spite of already having established himself in the team . Had his captain chucked him out based on that series , some of us would have been criticizing it in such threads , cos there is something called potential and  you have to see beyond failure of 2 matches.

On 26/02/2018 at 12:15 AM, jusarrived said:

There where therads about not just kl , but also rahane and bk when they where left out in favour of our captains friends . Kl failed in two matches , but rahane won us the only match in the series . Even if rahane had failed any one who knows bit of cricket will tell you dropping him in favour of rohit is criminal , same with playing dhawan a proven failure overseas  over a young batsmen who recently won you a test series and had scored a 100 in every country and format he had played already in his short career .

Virat in his first tour against a weak team like wi got owned badly  repeatedly getting bounced , much worse against swing in England in spite of already having established himself in the team . Had his captain chucked him out based on that series , some of us would have been criticizing it in such threads , cos there is something called potential and  you have to see beyond failure of 2 matches.

Nair after scoring 300 was dropped for rahane

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Dropping Nair for a proven player was a no brainier . The mistake ( putting it mildly )  was they have just not dropped Nair but completely discarded him . if Rahane had to be replaced , it should have been Nair replacing him ? How on earth did Rohit sharma come into picture ? 

This. It's mind boggling how a proven failure in tests gets the nod ahead of a fine talent like nair.

5 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Dropping Nair for a proven player was a no brainier . The mistake ( putting it mildly )  was they have just not dropped Nair but completely discarded him . if Rahane had to be replaced , it should have been Nair replacing him ? How on earth did Rohit sharma come into picture ? 

By scoring in test against SL when rahane failed against same attack

I don't think there are any die hard KL fans here like the die hard  dhoni, bhuvi, kohli or even some rohit fans here. 

Most people support him because they feel he has potential and he is being deliberately left out because of non cricketing reasons.

Most of us want him to be given chances so that we know if he has it in him .

Nair was also sidelined but you don't find that kind of support for him .

I do hope KL does well in ipl . I think now only ipl is his battleground .If he doesn't , then he will be sidelined from the benches too.

12 hours ago, beetle said:

I don't think there are any die hard KL fans here like the die hard  dhoni, bhuvi, kohli or even some rohit fans here. 

Most people support him because they feel he has potential and he is being deliberately left out because of non cricketing reasons.

Most of us want him to be given chances so that we know if he has it in him .

Nair was also sidelined but you don't find that kind of support for him .

I do hope KL does well in ipl . I think now only ipl is his battleground .If he doesn't , then he will be sidelined from the benches too.

Exactly. Won't even mind him failing in Internationals for sometime. A talent like Rahul cannot be kept out of the team.