Shardul Thakur..ur thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Wristy flick said:

I think he did decently, but will hv to do smthing special if he is eyeing a place in the world cup squad..

he has variety which bhuvi has , he has the capability to go upto 145k and has variations but he is not Super fast.

if he can bat as well as BHuvi and improve his variations , he may get to play in indian ODI and T20 teams.

He faired better than unadkat in both the odi's in which both of them played together which indicates , he is improving fast.

5 hours ago, adi B said:

I'll be honest ,he's bang average .doesn't seem to have the stamina to sustain continuous pace ,doesn't have a stock delivery except the outswinger which he hasn't used yet 

Another Dhawal Kulkarni.  i.e. not really top 15 material.   Let him get a few meaningless ODIs and T20s against the likes of SL, BD etc.  Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad for games that "matter".  But BCCI selectors can arguably make a case that he's been rewarded for a few years of consistent domestic performance. 

In the IPL age, it is absolutely critical that FC performances are seen as the designated pathway to national team selection - else the entire FC structure will fall apart.  

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

He is 20 yrs late for team india. Around 97-98, he would have been a good find. Still not half as good as Agarkar.

Indian team is past Shardul kind of bowlers!

The selectors and the management clearly aren't. They seem to have a perverse love for mediocrities/TTFs/has beens/never have beens/journeymen.

he will come good .. trust my cricket acumen :icflove:

my observations from the last IPL ..

* he can easily bowl 140-145kmph

* got good slower bouncer 

* got good slow balls

* got yorkers

* thinking bowler

definitely an upgrade over unadket , dhwal kulkarni  kind of bowlers