he will come good .. trust my cricket acumen :icflove:

my observations from the last IPL ..

* he can easily bowl 140-145kmph

* got good slower bouncer 

* got good slow balls

* got yorkers

* thinking bowler

definitely an upgrade over unadket , dhwal kulkarni  kind of bowlers 

It your cricket acumen that decided Kohli wasn't a good captain based on his IPL captaincy. Subsequently under Kohli's captaincy, We just received the test mace for 2nd year running and massacred the previously ranked no.1 ODI side in the world in their own backyard. Maybe the acumen requires a bit more refinement? 

12 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

It your cricket acumen that decided Kohli wasn't a good captain based on his IPL captaincy. Subsequently under Kohli's captaincy, We just received the test mace for 2nd year running and massacred the previously ranked no.1 ODI side in the world in their own backyard. Maybe the acumen requires a bit more refinement? 

i will sharpen my acumen whenever possible :weights: 

kohli will be a crap captain even if we stay #1 for another 2 years :p:

i dont have bias , if he turns out to be a good captain i wont mind acknowledging him ..

coming back to thakur , he did really well in the last IPL , people didnt notiehim because he got chance only in the end of the series..

he got good pace , slower balls , yorkers and most importantly a thinking bowler ..

considering he played staright away after landing in south africa , he did really well in the last 2 T20s .. if he settles in the team he will always improve like bhuvi 

38 minutes ago, velu said:

i will sharpen my acumen whenever possible :weights: 

kohli will be a crap captain even if we stay #1 for another 2 years :p:

i dont have bias , if he turns out to be a good captain i wont mind acknowledging him ..

coming back to thakur , he did really well in the last IPL , people didnt notiehim because he got chance only in the end of the series..

he got good pace , slower balls , yorkers and most importantly a thinking bowler ..

considering he played staright away after landing in south africa , he did really well in the last 2 T20s .. if he settles in the team he will always improve like bhuvi 

Fair enough 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how discrimination? Shani did play last WC and was there in ODI squad in SA too.

Last WC was under a different regime. I didn't follow the SA ODI series very closely but don't think he played a single match, did he? Is he that bad a white ball bowler that he can't figure in the starting XI even once in 6 matches?

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Last WC was under a different regime. I didn't follow the SA ODI series very closely but don't think he played a single match, did he? Is he that bad a white ball bowler that he can't figure in the starting XI even once in 6 matches?

Even Shardul only played one ODI.  This team management does not make too many changes in ODI squad.

shammi and Umesh are definitely more talented then Shardul thakur as fast bowlers but Shammi has fitness and run up issues and Umesh has leg side bowling issue's.

Shardul is definitely behind many genuine fast bowlers but its not always TAlent that wins the war. i have seen him applying his mind like BHUVI and bowling variety...to beat unadkat and play ahead of him in t20's indicate he is improving fast. after bhuvi and bumrah he is the pacer who is being played , that indicates that he must be special. i would like to believe that his stamina issue's must be sorted now. lets see how he does, my prediction is he should do well.

i feel even Siraj will do well, he did not do well in first t20's as he shud be played in odi/tests but he is being played in t20's, i think he will do well.

i feel unadkat could also fool some weak batsman with his cutters and then make a name for himself in the nidhass trophy.

try and see the figures of Shardul ..statistics dont lie , though i dont agree to statistics but ultimately its the STATS that are only visible as soon as the game ends, after that who ever has better stats is said to have bowled better.

even umesh went for lots of runs but he started picking wickets so kohli realised that he should back Umesh and thats how Umesh could make a little name for himself, finally wicket stats supported umesh to remain in team otherwise bhuvi's ,ishant's would have thrown him out...taking wickets is important.