Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Unstable Joe

PSL is a trulyunique league

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its like the Pakistani version of that old Keanu Reeves movie on the bus - if a Pakistani top order batsman bats at more than 110 SR, he may just explode.  The exceptions that prove this rule are glorious hackabees like Imran Farhat, *her Zaman etc.  

:hysterical: 

Share this post


Link to post

That same Ahmad shezad has 5 LOI intl hundreds and one in SA when pak won a series and one in NZ I think  . Has still been in and out of the team , cos of his tuk tuk start and they prefer some one like fakar who plays with a lot more intent  .

A team like pak which has no batting talent can see this , on the other hand india continues to not just play it's Ahmed shezad , but has turned him into a star lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Their league, as long as they are happy why should we care? But in general all these T20 leagues are an abomination to cricket's great traditions. T20 has destroyed the soul of cricket.

This!

Who are we to criticize the PSL. IPL has its own fair share of issues. Not that I watch PSL, but I rather watch low scoring T20 games than your typical 200 run games. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

This!

Who are we to criticize the PSL. IPL has its own fair share of issues. Not that I watch PSL, but I rather watch low scoring T20 games than your typical 200 run games. 

Low scoring because Pakistan batsmen look seriously woeful. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, jusarrived said:

That same Ahmad shezad has 5 LOI intl hundreds and one in SA when pak won a series and one in NZ I think  . Has still been in and out of the team , cos of his tuk tuk start and they prefer some one like fakar who plays with a lot more intent  .

A team like pak which has no batting talent can see this , on the other hand india continues to not just play it's Ahmed shezad , but has turned him into a star lol . 

we can afford one Shehzad because we have Dhawan on the other end.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, jusarrived said:

That same Ahmad shezad has 5 LOI intl hundreds and one in SA when pak won a series and one in NZ I think  . Has still been in and out of the team , cos of his tuk tuk start and they prefer some one like fakar who plays with a lot more intent  .

A team like pak which has no batting talent can see this , on the other hand india continues to not just play it's Ahmed shezad , but has turned him into a star lol . 

Honestly, with all the fault of Rohit failing In this series, Rohit is way ahead as a batsman in international cricket than Shahzad or any other opener around the world.

 

He is up there with Warner even though Warmer has a higher strike rate.

 

Rohit wih all the stick we give him, is one of the best in the world in ODI’s.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

we can afford one Shehzad because we have Dhawan on the other end.

By that logic , since we have Virat whos been carrying the batting for couple of years now , should we worry about who else is picked in the middle order ?

imagine , WC final and Virat/Dhawan have an off day and the trophy is dependent on our Shehzad ? 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Honestly, with all the fault of Rohit failing In this series, Rohit is way ahead as a batsman in international cricket than Shahzad or any other opener around the world.

 

He is up there with Warner even though Warmer has a higher strike rate.

 

Rohit wih all the stick we give him, is one of the best in the world in ODI’s.

 

 

Way ahead cos Pakistan chucked him out and hasnt had a regular spot in the 11 , my point was a team like Pak realized how his slow batting was killing the momentum and we still dont .

 

Next only to warner ? So given a choice between Rohit and Dhawan , you would pick Rohit ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Way ahead cos Pakistan chucked him out and hasnt had a regular spot in the 11 , my point was a team like Pak realized how his slow batting was killing the momentum and we still dont .

 

Next only to warner ? So given a choice between Rohit and Dhawan , you would pick Rohit ?

I will pick Dhawan overseas but in India, Rohit anyday since he can catch up on the runrate anytime even after a slow start and can hit daddy hundreds whoch sometimes you need in India, something Dhawan doesn’t do too often.

 

 

Overall I would stick with both Rohit and Dhawan for World cup 2019. Rohit will do fine in England. Its a long tournament, I expect him to fire eventually even if he fails at the start of the tournament.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Karachi: A few team owners in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) are not happy with the attitude of some of their overseas signings, who they suspect are not going all out to avoid fitness/fatigue issues before the lucrative Indian Premier League.
 

 

Sources in some of the franchises competing in the PSL have said that some players have even pulled out of matches citing niggles.

 


"Joffra Archer is one example. He is playing for Quetta Gladiators and he pulled out of a crucial match and this didnt exactly make the owners, management or fellow players happy, a source said.

He said the Quetta Gladiators owner, Nadeem Omar, didnt say anything to Archer but suspected the all-rounder was only keen on being fully fit and fresh for the IPL, which begins shortly after the PSL ends on March 25.

Archer will make his IPL debut this year and was bought for an astounding USD 800,000 by Rajasthan Royals.

Defending champions, Peshawar Zalmi, are also not happy with the unavailability of West Indian veteran all-rounder, Dwayne Bravo, who is yet to show up in the PSL third edition. Zalmi depends heavily on the all-rounder who is reportedly yet to fully recover from an injury and reach Dubai.

"It is not about the money but when you lose a player of high caliber it upsets the teams plans," one source said.

Bravo has been retained by Chennai Super Kings for this year's IPL for 6.40 crore approximately USD one million.

Sources say few others in the PSL who have been auctioned in the IPL are also suspected of not giving their best and reserving their resources for the more lucrative Indian league.

Pakistan's former Test captain, Salman Butt, says he is not surprised since there are many T20 leagues being played in the world but the IPL remains the most lucrative for players.

"Top players would prefer to be in the IPL 100 percent fit and in fresh. Because if you perform there you get richer and noticed quickly."

 

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/foreign-stars-saving-themselves-for-ipl-feel-psl-team-owners-1676527.html

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, jusarrived said:

By that logic , since we have Virat whos been carrying the batting for couple of years now , should we worry about who else is picked in the middle order ?

imagine , WC final and Virat/Dhawan have an off day and the trophy is dependent on our Shehzad ? 

Rohit averages 50 as an opener with an SR of 90. If Shehzad had averaged 50, SR of 90 and had 3 doubles, no chance he would have been dropped from the team. Shehzad averages 32 with an SR of 72 as an opener. You are comparing chalk and cheese.  Rohit is one of the best ODI openers of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mosher said:

Karachi: A few team owners in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) are not happy with the attitude of some of their overseas signings, who they suspect are not going all out to avoid fitness/fatigue issues before the lucrative Indian Premier League.
 

 

Sources in some of the franchises competing in the PSL have said that some players have even pulled out of matches citing niggles.

 


"Joffra Archer is one example. He is playing for Quetta Gladiators and he pulled out of a crucial match and this didnt exactly make the owners, management or fellow players happy, a source said.

He said the Quetta Gladiators owner, Nadeem Omar, didnt say anything to Archer but suspected the all-rounder was only keen on being fully fit and fresh for the IPL, which begins shortly after the PSL ends on March 25.

Archer will make his IPL debut this year and was bought for an astounding USD 800,000 by Rajasthan Royals.

Defending champions, Peshawar Zalmi, are also not happy with the unavailability of West Indian veteran all-rounder, Dwayne Bravo, who is yet to show up in the PSL third edition. Zalmi depends heavily on the all-rounder who is reportedly yet to fully recover from an injury and reach Dubai.

"It is not about the money but when you lose a player of high caliber it upsets the teams plans," one source said.

Bravo has been retained by Chennai Super Kings for this year's IPL for 6.40 crore approximately USD one million.

Sources say few others in the PSL who have been auctioned in the IPL are also suspected of not giving their best and reserving their resources for the more lucrative Indian league.

Pakistan's former Test captain, Salman Butt, says he is not surprised since there are many T20 leagues being played in the world but the IPL remains the most lucrative for players.

"Top players would prefer to be in the IPL 100 percent fit and in fresh. Because if you perform there you get richer and noticed quickly."

 

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/foreign-stars-saving-themselves-for-ipl-feel-psl-team-owners-1676527.html

 

 

 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

Share this post


Link to post

I am not saying this because I hate Pakistan or anything, but PSL has to be the worst cricket league I have seen. It was not that bad last season but this year its downright pathetic. Old outdated cricketers, horrible slow pitches, poor overseas players, pathetic crowds, poor TV coverage. On top of that all those fake acting by Viv Richards, Danny Morrison etc makes it even worse. Pakistan is a decent cricket team and they deserve much better league. At present even BPL and CPL is better than this sh!t. Its on live TV in UK but I cannot even watch 5 overs at a stretch. Dont think even 10 people in England knows any such league going on.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am not saying this because I hate Pakistan or anything, but PSL has to be the worst cricket league I have seen. It was not that bad last season but this year its downright pathetic. Old outdated cricketers, horrible slow pitches, poor overseas players, pathetic crowds, poor TV coverage. On top of that all those fake acting by Viv Richards, Danny Morrison etc makes it even worse. Pakistan is a decent cricket team and they deserve much better league. At present even BPL and CPL is better than this sh!t. Its on live TV in UK but I cannot even watch 5 overs at a stretch. Dont think even 10 people in England knows any such league going on.

 

 

Nobody cares in Eng about cricket. Hardly any news about cricket in the sports pages of the newspapers except for Ashes 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, joe777z said:

Nobody cares in Eng about cricket. Hardly any news about cricket in the sports pages of the newspapers except for Ashes 

IPL has reasonable hype here. Both in print media and in TV

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Number said:

http://cricbuzz.com/cricket-scorecard/19377/krk-vs-qtg-19th-match-pakistan-super-league-2018

Now this is one of the most strange scorecards I have seen.

Team chasing 180+ target, 8 wickets fell but not a single batsman has strike rate of well over 100. :laugh:

Don't you know its because of the top class bowling attacks of PSL that batsman often struggle to get going. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×