saik

Deodhar Trophy 2018

India A (Deodhar Trophy): R Ashwin (capt), Prithvi Shaw, Unmukt Chand, Akshdeep Nath, Shubman Gill, Ricky Bhui, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), Krunal Pandya, Mohammed Shami, Navdeep Saini, Basil Thampi, Kulwant Khejroliya, Amandeep Khare, Rohit Rayudu

India B (Deodhar Trophy): Shreyas Iyer (capt), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Ankit Bawne, Manoj Tiwary, Siddhesh Lad, KS Bharat (wk), Jayant Yadav, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, Harshal Patel, Umesh Yadav, Rajat Patidar

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22595334/r-ashwin-shreyas-iyer-lead-deodhar-trophy-squads

Edited by rkt.india

13 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Good that these matches are in Dharamsala. Hope we get some green pitches which will test the batsman.

A western disturbance is hitting north India this weekend.  Why these BCCI guys dont keep an eye on weather. :wall:

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Samson somehow seems to struggle in  one day format.

Not really - his batting style is well-suited for #3 in ODIs - he's not a guy who can slug boundaries early in his innings.  I'm worried he might go the Rohit Sharma route though.  I want him to get into the team as a 'keeper, but given his knee issues, he might have strategically decided to give up the gloves.   

When selectors do the good job, no one will ever mention it....

But one or 2 bad selections and everyone will be quick to point fingers....

MSK is doing a fine job here....

Unfortunately, looks like, he doesn't have too much call on national team

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Not really - his batting style is well-suited for #3 in ODIs - he's not a guy who can slug boundaries early in his innings.  I'm worried he might go the Rohit Sharma route though.  I want him to get into the team as a 'keeper, but given his knee issues, he might have strategically decided to give up the gloves.   

he has not given up gloves. he kept both in Ranjis irregularly and regularly in LOs.

Ashwin ruled out, Nadeem to be his replacement

In Ashwin's absence, Ankit Bawne, who was initially named in the India B side, will captain the A team. To compensate for the change, Akshdeep Nath will move to the B team.

Link- https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/ravichandran-ashwin-india-a-ruled-out-of-deodhar-trophy-2018?ref=arsfeb

22 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

BAWNE IS so young he should be in Indian team by now than some one named Mayank

'

What coz younger you get picked lol Mayank is 27 and according to icf that is too old to play for india lol

if you want can list some legends who debuted at international level after 27 . If icf had their way they would never have played :giggle:

3 hours ago, maatugaara said:

Manish Pandey will be joining the karnataka team? If yes, there is a selection headache :)

No Vinay and Mithun right? the current lot are doing a good job..

Neither Rahul or Pandey will play in the Deodhar Trophy. 

They will be playing for Team India in Sri Lanka in the Nidahas Trophy 

Edited by SecondSlip

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

Overall good team selection 

Khaleel Ahmed is also in the B team :cheer:

Really good teams . So much potential talents . Particularly like no old ex Indian players clogging up slots who we know what can do 

chance for new players to show case 

like how got 3 new pacers much talked about . Saini, khaleel and thampi 

its not jut about who shines and is best . It’s abour development of players . So may struggle but learn loads and be ready for india in 5 years time 

On 2/28/2018 at 12:01 AM, express bowling said:

Shreyas Gopal should have been in one of the teams.

already 2 wrist spinners playign for india...

I dont think they will groom one more...

If it has to be wrist spinner, i think Karn is ahead of him..

I have seen him (Karn) in one of the matches sometime back and he looked pretty good

5 hours ago, gakgupta said:

already 2 wrist spinners playign for india...

I dont think they will groom one more...

If it has to be wrist spinner, i think Karn is ahead of him..

I have seen him (Karn) in one of the matches sometime back and he looked pretty good

The biggest advantage of grooming Gopal is that he is a decent batter.

May lend more balance to the side than Chahal ... and his bowling is very good.

Gopal turns the ball more than Karn ... so, he is a better prospect as an all-condition spinner.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

The biggest advantage of grooming Gopal is that he is a decent better.

May lend more balance to the side than Chahal ... and his bowling is very good.

Gopal turns the ball more than Karn ... so, he is a better prospect as an all-condition spinner.

Better than Karn on every metrics in every format, and 7 years younger. In fact better FC and List A record than both first choice Indian spinners.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, gakgupta said:

When selectors do the good job, no one will ever mention it....

But one or 2 bad selections and everyone will be quick to point fingers....

MSK is doing a fine job here....

Unfortunately, looks like, he doesn't have too much call on national team

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

NO selector, not even vengsarkar and sandeep patil have been so correct and good as far as team selection is concerned, msk and team got the right team picked for africa and rested jasprit and then played him in tests against africa , which was a master stroke, some other selections of Kedar and shreyas iyer have also been Successfull, even manish oandey has done fair, even got a genuine all rounder hardik and dumped Stuart Binny -correct decision. even dropping finger spinners for odi n t 20 and playing wrist spinners. good selections...got a very good pace attack in africa and even got few pace bowlers to go to africa to bowwl to our batsman..Many great moves....MSK and team are doing cool job.

13 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

Cricbuzz Logo

Ind A vs Ind B, Dharamsala

India A (From): Prithvi Shaw, Unmukt Chand, Shubman Gill, Ankit Bawne(c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan(w), Krunal Pandya, Shahbaz Nadeem, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Shami, Basil Thampi, Ricky Bhui, Rohit Rayudu, Kulwant Khejroliya, Amandeep Khare

India B (From): Srikar Bharat(w), Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shreyas Iyer(c), Manoj Tiwary, G H Vihari, Akshdeep Nath, Siddhesh Lad, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Jayant Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Siddarth Kaul, Rajat Patidar, Harshal Patel, Ruturaj Gaikwad, K Khaleel Ahmed

Edited by Shy9

Guest, sign in to access all features.