Shastri/Kohli's stubbornness in team selections led to India wasting a golden chance to win Test series in SA

15 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

you sure can. Australia are just a better team.

They surely are a better team in those conditions. But India are better overall. Australia were whitewashed by Sri Lanka of all teams when the latter were at the lowest point in their history and lost a test to Bangladesh, which India never will even in a million years. And in the decider in India last year,  Australia got the perfect pitch they could have hoped for in Dharmasala which had good seam and bounce and also won the toss, but India were more disciplined and ended up winning the match and the series. 

Just now, lamellavig said:

I already explained that India did not trash Aus at home. However, your stupidity warrants further explanation. Allow me to confirm that Aus won a test by playing exciting, attacking cricket to the tune of 333 runs. They also lost an even series 2-1.

hehe are you a 12 year old ? did you see 2012-13 series.. ?

Just now, Jamadagni said:

They surely are a better team in those conditions. But India are better overall. Australia were whitewashed by Sri Lanka of all teams when the latter were at the lowest point in their history and lost a test to Bangladesh, which India never will even in a million years. And in the decider in India last year,  Australia got the perfect pitch they could have hoped for in Dharmasala which had good seam and bounce and also won the toss, but India were more disciplined and ended up winning the match and the series. 

It is very close, I will give you that. But Australia must be envied, because during their golden era they were by far the best. Now, in India's golden era, they are still fighting with Aussies, they are nowhere near same dominance/ 

It happens in cricket but I personally feel  Ind bowling is very strong they made every attempt infact succeeded in each test to make a match out of nothing when our batsmen absolutely put a dud performance...what do you call when your star batsmen fail to score 208 after are bowlers hunted them out for  130 against a Steyn less attack,they were one bowler short then too we folded out for 135

For India to do well overseas the batting has to flourish. Indian bats went dead in SA and the bulk of the blame goes to openers. Then dropping Dhawan for Rahul was a stategic mistake which compounded the problem. Biggest culprit Rahul and Vijay.

Start hating.

Edited by Khota
1 hour ago, lamellavig said:

Observe how Aus demolished SA on a flat pitch, whereas India struggle to dismiss SA below 250 in the first innings of first test, and also let SA get 340 on a comparable pitch in second test.

pitches ?- the only game India played in Durban was the ODI which they won very comfortably. Aus played first innings like SA and did well.

I already explained that India did not trash Aus at home. However, your stupidity warrants further explanation. Allow me to confirm that Aus won a test by playing exciting, attacking cricket to the tune of 333 runs. They also lost an even series 2-1.

first up be polite there is nothing you can do in a forum but type, do you see me insulting you ( i can but i choose not to).  exciting attacking etc are subjective terms team that wins won the game simple.  Losing a series 2-1 and almost loosing 3rd game 6 down for 175 an innings behind ?? thats not even thats getting trashed. Besides aus have lost 4-0 in India. 

Aus have more intellectuals in their team than India, and focus on playing philosphical, attacking cricket for the spectators

i can say this is quite funny. I like Aus cricketers and even fans, but cant say the same for pak fans ;)

Fine, but observe my analysis on Australia's superiority. 

lets do one better, i will let you write about your team paks performance in SA instead :wp3:

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

It happens in cricket but I personally feel  Ind bowling is very strong they made every attempt infact succeeded in each test to make a match out of nothing when our batsmen absolutely put a dud performance...what do you call when your star batsmen fail to score 208 after are bowlers hunted them out for  130 against a Steyn less attack,they were one bowler short then too we folded out for 135

lack of practice games. it was the first game in the series, unbelievable no team does that. appears its just not a priority for them test cricket.

9 hours ago, lamellavig said:

The idiocy is extreme here.

1) we know that Aus have SIGNIFICANTLY better fast bowling than India. Observe how Aus demolished SA on a flat pitch, whereas India struggle to dismiss SA below 250 in the first innings of first test, and also let SA get 340 on a comparable pitch in second test.

2) I already explained that India did not trash Aus at home. However, your stupidity warrants further explanation. Allow me to confirm that Aus won a test by playing exciting, attacking cricket to the tune of 333 runs. They also lost an even series 2-1.

3) Aus have more intellectuals in their team than India, and focus on playing philosphical, attacking cricket for the spectators.

Hence, Australia may be a home-track bully, but they are several eons above India away from home. They are so good at home that they are indeed bullies, but they are still bullies away from home. 

first of name calling doesnt help anyone 

Do you know when aussies reach SA ? 2+ week ahead when the ODI series was going on. They settled then played a warmup game then again has 4-5 days before 1st test started. We reach 4-5 days ahead of first test. The real question is did we set ourselves up for a win ?

12 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

We had better players but they were benched or not taken all together. What was point of taking Jedeja to South Africa, why not one leg spinner those enjoyed success later on. 

Leggies did good in ODIs and T20s. How will they know if they will do well in the tests beforehand. Jadeja had got 6 wickets in an innings in SA and he did well in the tests back home too. So they took him there.

In the first two tests we had "Friends and Family "club playing ,with" boozed up " players after that famous wedding standing upfront in the slips how can one expect them grab one when there was plenty on offer..Why didnt they play a rahane  in the first place.I was quite content with our performance till yesterday but seeing this not so special Aus side(infact ordinary)beating the hell out of Sa clearly brought me down to desperation....that we missed an EPIC opportunity:afraid:

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

In the first two tests we had "Friends and Family "club playing ,with" boozed up " players after that famous wedding standing upfront in the slips how can one expect them grab one when there was plenty on offer..Why didnt they play a rahane  in the first place.I was quite content with our performance till yesterday but seeing this not so special Aus side(infact ordinary)beating the hell out of Sa clearly brought me down to desperation....that we missed an EPIC opportunity:afraid:

Yes.Could have won the series. Dropping Bhuvi was senseless. Did they drop Philander just because the wicket was pacy?

Rahane would have been back in form from 2nd test itself rather than the 3rd test if he had played the 1st test.