Which commentators should visit India more frequently?

Which commentators would you like to see visit India more frequently?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which commentators would you like to see visit India more frequently?

• Ian Chappell
    • Bill Lawry
    • Mark Nicholas
    • Ricky Ponting
    • Adam Gilchrist
    • Michael Clarke
    • Shane Warne
    • Ian Smith
    • Nasser Hussain
    • Nick Knight
    • Rob Key
    • Mark Butcher
    • Shaun Pollock
    • Grame Smith
    • Mark Haysman
    • Alan Wilkins
    • Michael Holding
    • Ian Bishop
    • Ian Botham
    • David Lloyd

Hoping BCCI will look at this poll and take our views on board. 

My personal wish list: 

Ian Chappell 

Bill Lawry 

Michael Clarke

Mark Nicholas 

Mark Haysman 

Nasser Hussain 

Ian Smith 

I feel commentary is very important as it can affect your enjoyment of the game. Multiple choices permitted on the poll. 

Edited by mancalledsting
  • Shane Warne  - very insightful and gives you a peek into what the captain would be thinking, or should be.
  • Nasser Hussain - one of most well prepared commies out there.  Always does his homework, love his professional dedication towards the job
  • Rob Key - What little I heard of him during the England series, I liked his analytical approach.
  • Nick Knight - Same as Key, but even smarter, especially when it comes to tactics.
  • Graeme Smith - quality.
  • Michael Holding - RONS.   A bit of bias against India at times, but frequent visits to India would fix that.  I enjoy his commentary inspite of the bias.
  • David Lloyd - My favorite 'color' guy.  Fire Danny Morrison, hire Bumbles.  Instant upgrade in cricket coverage.  Knows his cricket too.  

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

My biggest favourite ...  Simon Doull

@mancalledsting  why not in the poll buddy  ?

Then

Bishop

Richards

Warne

Clarke

Hussain

Most under-50  commentators are good to decent.

I did think of him, but thought he's already involved in Indian cricket quite a lot e.g. IPL. This poll was more for under represented commies. 

While not bothered about the commentating in India angle (for obvious reasons) I can still recommend commentators I like. Nasser, Bumble are the best by far in England. From abroad I really like Shaun Pollock, Ian Smith and Adam Gilchrist.

46 minutes ago, chewy said:

BBC’s Test Match Special, one of the best sports program I have heard, makes even a borefest Tests exciting...not sure who are the main presenters on there...normally have guests cricketers commenting too

Fully agreed. Was following the podcasts during India vs Eng test series & the Ashes, it was quality. Jonathan Agnew is the main presenter & provides great insight with the guests.

Edited by Turning_track

No point in giving a list of people  not currently doing commentary or those  who kicked the bucket.

List should be of current ones .

BTW , Simon Doull has a very sharp eye and a very good tactician the way he analises. 

Another thing - The voice and delivery of words should be pleasing and likable even if  knowledge wise a littlle below the best ones .

Here my vote goes to Mark Nicholas... and Botham may be a great cricketer but so boring drab   voice ..

Voice should create a theatre , an expectation and some excitement  -  Tony Greg  was good at it .. 

There was one hindi commentator  in All india Radio in  late 70s  & 80s ...  who by sheer speed of delivery of words while talking about runs being taken made you  visualise how fast batters running & completing runs ...

Those heard him would remember ...

""Batsmen ek run ke liye bhaage , Doosra run ke liye jaa rahe hai  .. Ghend seema reka ki taraf doudthi huyi .. Aur ye chhar run ..... :: And he will utter them in such supersonic speed , one would visulaise actual running .

Similarly there was one hindi guy who used to do  for Hockey matches ... Really made you to get involved in each moment of the match with excitement. 

But i must admit ... it is difficult to achieve it  in TV commentary but more easy in Radio .. as there they make you visulaise .

2 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

No point in giving a list of people  not currently doing commentary or those  who kicked the bucket.

List should be of current ones .

BTW , Simon Doull has a very sharp eye and a very good tactician the way he analises. 

Another thing - The voice and delivery of words should be pleasing and likable even if  knowledge wise a littlle below the best ones .

Here my vote goes to Mark Nicholas... and Botham may be a great cricketer but so boring drab   voice ..

Voice should create a theatre , an expectation and some excitement  -  Tony Greg  was good at it .. 

There was one hindi commentator  in All india Radio in  late 70s  & 80s ...  who by sheer speed of delivery of words while talking about runs being taken made you  visualise how fast batters running & completing runs ...

Those heard him would remember ...

""Batsmen ek run ke liye bhaage , Doosra run ke liye jaa rahe hai  .. Ghend seema reka ki taraf doudthi huyi .. Aur ye chhar run ..... :: And he will utter them in such supersonic speed , one would visulaise actual running .

Similarly there was one hindi guy who used to do  for Hockey matches ... Really made you to get involved in each moment of the match with excitement. 

But i must admit ... it is difficult to achieve it  in TV commentary but more easy in Radio .. as there they make you visulaise .

So you'll be pleased to know that all of the commentators listed above are alive and currently commentating. LOL.