Jump to content
saik

Experience can't be bought or sold in the market, says Ravi Shastri

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Khota said:

I think we need Gavaskar back.

This moron is coaching India. Unbelieveable.

Do you know sitting from here about what he does while coaching the team? He might be actually imparting nice advice along with this pep talks. His experience made him go for batting first in the final test knowing very well that the pitch was for the fast bowlers. It paid off didn't it? These small things which people do not acknowledge play a big role in victories.

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/coach-ravi-shastri-calls-suresh-raina-fearless-cricketer-1819085%3fakamai-rum=off

 

Now he is singing praises of Raina....not that there is  any thing wrong in that ...but looks like this guy only cares about the older players and has no words or place for the younsters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, beetle said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/coach-ravi-shastri-calls-suresh-raina-fearless-cricketer-1819085%3fakamai-rum=off

 

Now he is singing praises of Raina....not that there is  any thing wrong in that ...but looks like this guy only cares about the older players and has no words or place for the younsters.

 

 

Powers at work . Shastri powerless when comes to dhoni 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Can’t defend uncle Ravi here 

If anyone of the two will initiate dhoni's exit, it would be Shastri and not kohli. And still people would blame only Shastri and not kohli for not dropping dhoni. Shastri is the most hated one on the ICF. :laugh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, beetle said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/coach-ravi-shastri-calls-suresh-raina-fearless-cricketer-1819085%3fakamai-rum=off

 

Now he is singing praises of Raina....not that there is  any thing wrong in that ...but looks like this guy only cares about the older players and has no words or place for the younsters.

 

 

Captain is the boss. Even Shastri said so clearly in one of the interview. He is just there to back the captains decisions and some input here and there(mostly pep talk maybe). No point blaming Shastri for older players in the team when kohli prefers them most and kohli is the sole reason for them in the playing eleven.

Share this post


Link to post

Agree with shastri Exp cant be bought in market and yes we do undermine that thing on ICF a lot 

 

Be it dhoni or even when nehra was back. Their is no way to we will ever asses how much that contributes.....

Nehra exp was of gr8 value to pandya, bumrah n bhuvi and same was in case of SRH

Dhoni n gambhir presence in domestic cricket in last few yrs have helped their domestic sides a lot 

That one last season of sehwag with haryana was of gr8 value to cricketers around specially someone like himanshu rana 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Captain is the boss. Even Shastri said so clearly in one of the interview. He is just there to back the captains decisions and some input here and there(mostly pep talk maybe). No point blaming Shastri for older players in the team when kohli prefers them most and kohli is the sole reason for them in the playing eleven.

I also dont fully beileve that he wants older player

Seen him in commentary he always talked about young blood and even during chappell ganguly saga he was on chappell side coz he wanted youngsters. 

Even in last IPL he was very vocal about rishabh pant..........now if captain doesnt want him or he didnt impress then we cant blame shastri for that entirely 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Do you know sitting from here about what he does while coaching the team? He might be actually imparting nice advice along with this pep talks. His experience made him go for batting first in the final test knowing very well that the pitch was for the fast bowlers. It paid off didn't it? These small things which people do not acknowledge play a big role in victories.

Do you know that this SA team is being humiliated by Australia. Anything less than a series win is a failure. This man represents everything wrong with Indian cricket and to a large extent everything wrong with the society. He is cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, adi B said:

Sunny  is no less moronic!

You missed the sarcasm but neither was I clear. I implied that Sunny was a good opener and needs to open for India as he has more experience. But seriously Sunny is indeed equally stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, velu said:

 

he dated gabriela sabatini :woot: 

Sabatini would never come close to this creep. She probably had something to do with his wet dreams but no more.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Experience of doing tuk tuk in slog overs? Yes that's indeed priceless.

That is exactly what bevda used to do in his playing days. No wonder he loves similar players. He is  stupid as well as unrepentantly arrogant. A very deadly combo.

Edited by nevada

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Can't buy actual coaching credentials either, have to undergo courses and exams. Even cheer leading requires some training. 

 

The least qualified "coach" in world cricket is also the most highly paid  :facepalm:

 

This is something people on ICF dont get it. This is the most imporatant job and is being done by the least qualified one.

Share this post


Link to post

Gambhir credited then coach Kirsten about his great form & helping to understand his game better in 2009.

Using his own experience wouldn't Shastri help talented Rohit with his batting in overseas tests? :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post

If Ravi bevda thinks of experience over everything, reflex, ability to play the game at the level, not bringing the team down, holding back promising players, then i hope his wife was super experienced before she married him or he shouldve preferred a h@@ker to marry, idiot

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats in a very poor taste 

Have to reply to poor logic n nepotism, experience cannit come at a price, a player has to deserve to be in the side n then his experience should be counted not the other way round, thought s  n nepotism coming from these guys is stopping India from becoming agood team, Virat Kohli , Kuldeep n Chahal have put paper on huge cracks in our team, take these guys out n ODI n T20 teams r poor n even test side is not a world beater coz of guys Like Ravi the pimp n loosers like Srikant n MSK Prasad telling players to wait in a que while they give turns to tried n tested failures.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Have to reply to poor logic n nepotism, experience cannit come at a price, a player has to deserve to be in the side n then his experience should be counted not the other way round, thought s  n nepotism coming from these guys is stopping India from becoming agood team, Virat Kohli , Kuldeep n Chahal have put paper on huge cracks in our team, take these guys out n ODI n T20 teams r poor n even test side is not a world beater coz of guys Like Ravi the pimp n loosers like Srikant n MSK Prasad telling players to wait in a que while they give turns to tried n tested failures.

Opinions n liking can be different doesnt mean ull go that personal 

I dnt any nepotism in this team. Every captain in every era will have his fav player who will he trust more .....isnt that case in ICF....some ppl like X player more some y. 

 

Virat kohli brings a lot of good things to the table as captain n some bad to but thats the case with every captain n so will be in future 

 

Every think tank will have a certain mindset and this team has a safe one.....and they will bear its consequences and we did to in CT final 

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Opinions n liking can be different doesnt mean ull go that personal 

I dnt any nepotism in this team. Every captain in every era will have his fav player who will he trust more .....isnt that case in ICF....some ppl like X player more some y. 

 

Virat kohli brings a lot of good things to the table as captain n some bad to but thats the case with every captain n so will be in future 

 

Every think tank will have a certain mindset and this team has a safe one.....and they will bear its consequences and we did to in CT final 

You cannot generalize that. There is not a single player I like or dislike. For me it is about their performances in standardised conditions. No more no less.

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Opinions n liking can be different doesnt mean ull go that personal 

I dnt any nepotism in this team. Every captain in every era will have his fav player who will he trust more .....isnt that case in ICF....some ppl like X player more some y. 

 

Virat kohli brings a lot of good things to the table as captain n some bad to but thats the case with every captain n so will be in future 

 

Every think tank will have a certain mindset and this team has a safe one.....and they will bear its consequences and we did to in CT final 

Ravi Shastri was the most political, communal, selfish player for India, has lost us many games , imagine the whole country wanted him to retire n chanted hai hai whenever he came to the crease, when team needed a run rate of 6 he woukd come in and bat at 50 S/R n nit care about the team winnng or loosing, character wise also a pig, got rid of Zak, Dravid when he came into the scenario as coach again, talks bullshit that people want India to loose n no one can question him.

Kohli i am ok with although he has been a bit of a ket down as he makes too many decisions based on emotions n doesnt wanna chuck out seniors like Dhoni, or Rahne or Dhawan in longer or shorte format whichever they r bad at, but shastri is a pimp , bullshitter n ,if experience cannit be bought why do people pay best coaches n useless coaches like him soo much money n buy their services, a player has to justify his place in the team n share his experience not the other way round, Idiots like Shastri need to be kicked out its sad we lost services of thorough orofessional like Kumble n brought this idiot in.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Ravi Shastri was the most political, communal, selfish player for India, has lost us many games , imagine the whole country wanted him to retire n chanted hai hai whenever he came to the crease, when team needed a run rate of 6 he woukd come in and bat at 50 S/R n nit care about the team winnng or loosing, character wise also a pig, got rid of Zak, Dravid when he came into the scenario as coach again, talks bullshit that people want India to loose n no one can question him.

Kohli i am ok with although he has been a bit of a ket down as he makes too many decisions based on emotions n doesnt wanna chuck out seniors like Dhoni, or Rahne or Dhawan in longer or shorte format whichever they r bad at, but shastri is a pimp , bullshitter n ,if experience cannit be bought why do people pay best coaches n useless coaches like him soo much money n buy their services, a player has to justify his place in the team n share his experience not the other way round, Idiots like Shastri need to be kicked out its sad we lost services of thorough orofessional like Kumble n brought this idiot in.

It's funny you are ok with kohli. Kohli and Shastri are together in recent selection mess. In fact kohli has more share because he is the captain and has more power than coach and exclusion of thorough professional Kumble was Kohli's doing.

Shastri is sifarishi and was crap in playing days. Fine. But at present kohli and Shastri should share equal blame especially when it comes to non selection of youngsters. In fact kohli is the bigger culprit.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

It's funny you are ok with kohli. Kohli and Shastri are together in recent selection mess. In fact kohli has more share because he is the captain and has more power than coach and exclusion of thorough professional Kumble was Kohli's doing.

Shastri is sifarishi and was crap in playing days. Fine. But at present kohli and Shastri should share equal blame especially when it comes to non selection of youngsters. In fact kohli is the bigger culprit.

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2018 at 10:54 AM, sensible-indian said:

Neither can chewtiyapa.

For 2018 this is the best post so far. 

Short, precise and gets the point across. Why did I not think of this and get all the credit.

Share this post


Link to post

News trickling from CAB staffer in Bengal is with Shastris statements, love for drinking, philandering ways and his love for experience over all seems to hhave affected Shami, Shami kept on hearing about how critical experience is n how he will compromise on logic performance, rationality over experience ,Shami not bei g well versed in the language was told by teammats that "Shastri bolta hain Buddhi bhi chalenge magar experience hona chahiye" .

This was interpreted by Shami as what his coach needed and he set out to gain experience, in n outside the ground, working overtime but trying to achieve what his coach wanted, so why blame him?

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/03/2018 at 6:46 PM, Khota said:

Do you know that this SA team is being humiliated by Australia. Anything less than a series win is a failure. This man represents everything wrong with Indian cricket and to a large extent everything wrong with the society. He is cancer.

What do you say now? India played with more grit than Australia. Aussies may not win the series the way they are performing. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

What do you say now? India played with more grit than Australia. Aussies may not win the series the way they are performing. 

The point being India should have won the series. They lost and that is a shame.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×