Nidahas Trophy: Rishabh Pant Must be Given an Opportunity to Play in Sri Lanka, Says Sanjay Manjrekar

saik

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This will be my playing XI tomorrow:

Rohit (C)

Dhawan

Rahul

Raina

Pandey

Pant (wk)

Sundar/Shankar

Chahal

Axar

Shardul

Unadkat

i would play all the three pacers unadkat,shardul and Siraj and even Shankar.Lankans play chahal well at least in t20. we can have washington too as the lone Spinner and Pant as Keeper.

rohit shikhar raina Pandey Pant hooda shankar washington siraj unadkat shardul.

Chahal was not too good in t20 in africa and washington Sundar is a very good offspinner for t20's.

in this team we have very good Batting till washington 

washington Hooda and raina as Spin Options

shankar and 3 pacers as PAce Options...thats cool 7 bowlers.

any body knows that in t20's Pant or Karthik may get 6 to 12 balls to play ...at most times not more than 12 balls.

i would expect karthik to score 12 to 20 runs in these 12 balls 

i would expect pant to score 12 to 30 runs in these 12 balls 

As keepers Pant may be a better Keeper than Karthik so if Pant is PLayed , i would consider it as a good decision.

4 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

:facepalm::phehe::yousuck:DK will add more batting strength than Pant? LMFAO. DK will help us outbat opposition? LMFAO

That is not my opinion...that is based on how the management has been thinking . They clearly rate DK very highly...reason why he was picked over even Rahul. If they rate him over Rahul do you think they will play him over a newcomer like

Pant? 

He has criticised Manish Pandey also in that article.

The former India batsman was critical of middle-order batsman Manish Pandey, who still hasn't been able to cement his place in the limited-over squads. "Manish Pandey clearly has the talent but I don't quite like his inconsistency. After that brilliant 79 not out recently in the second T20 in South Africa, he failed in the very next game, which is understandable but he had done the same earlier in his career too," wrote Manjrekar.

"A spate of failures after his first century in one-day Internationals in Australia in January 2016. He cannot seem to be able to carry his form through. Having KL Rahul in the squad can ensure that Pandey remains on his toes all the time."

On Tue Mar 06 2018 at 9:41 AM, Khota said:

batting looks fine. Hope DK is the wkt kpr. Pace attack looks suspect and what is Washington doing in the team?

Selectors ,going by history have alwys tend to downplay the role of pacers in SC conditions,as is quite evident this time around also.Selecting trundlers like Unadkat,Siraj,Shardul is going 2-3 backwards....this was the time they could have tested Khaleel,Umesh etc Umesh specially because we need his rythem back

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kal Gavaskar ko rohi ke saath biasness ki feel aayi

Aaj manju ne akal ki baat ki 

Mumbai lobby ko ye hua kya 

I'm gonna smoke'a de ganja until I go blind / You know I smoke'a de ganja all a de time / Smoke'a de ganja when I'm with friends / We gonna smoke'a de ganja until the very end.