Sri Lanka imposes state of emergency over communal violence

Singh bling

5 hours ago, MechEng said:

Pretty much proves that violence comes from people and not religion, the last thing one would want to hear is Buddhists perpetrating violence.

Happened in Myanmar before. The rohingha refugees issue is similar as well.

On 06/03/2018 at 9:59 PM, MechEng said:

Pretty much proves that violence comes from people and not religion, the last thing one would want to hear is Buddhists perpetrating violence.

At the end of the day every community has the right to protect itself from aggressors, to not do so would be madness!

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

At the end of the day every community has the right to protect itself from aggressors, to not do so would be madness!

Agreed but violence is not the answer, especially for a pacifist religion like Buddhism. Responding assertively without being violent/aggressive is the hardest thing to do but has major karmic benefits which is seen later.

I'm not religious but I believe in karma. Christianity for example grew aggressively all over the world during medieval era and colonial era through violence and forced conversions, and today many Christians are either converting to Islam or becoming atheists, this is the karmic debt being paid for violating one of the ten commandments - "Thou shall not kill."

12 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Agreed but violence is not the answer, especially for a pacifist religion like Buddhism. Responding assertively without being violent/aggressive is the hardest thing to do but has major karmic benefits which is seen later.

I'm not religious but I believe in karma. Christianity for example grew aggressively all over the world during medieval era and colonial era through violence and forced conversions, and today many Christians are either converting to Islam or becoming atheists, this is the karmic debt being paid for violating one of the ten commandments - "Thou shall not kill."

So Afghanistan, Malaysia and Indonesia all changed from Buddhism to Islam because the people living there were violent people and so karma came to bite them in the backside?

Or is it because Islam is aggressive and Buddhism is passive?

Christianity is dying in Europe because people are more educated and it’s pretty much dead in the Middle East due to Islamic fundamentalism.

When is karma going to pay back the Islamic aggressors?

Edited by Ranvir

10 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

So Afghanistan, Malaysia and Indonesia all changed from Buddhism to Islam because the people living there were violent people and so karma came to bite them in the backside?

Or is it because Islam is aggressive and Buddhism is passive?

Christianity is dying in Europe because people are more educated and it’s pretty much dead in the Middle East due to Islamic fundamentalism.

When is karma going to pay back the Islamic aggressors?

The reason you mentioned for Christianity's decline is karma itself. Karma is not if you throw a stone at someone few years later a stone will be thrown at you, it's much more complex and subtle than that and it get's you in very indirect ways.

The academic history tends to view things in black and white while the reality is grey. It's easy to see the good guys Buddhists being demolished by bad guys Islamists but what really happened back then nobody knows and it's impossible to know since nobody from that era is alive today to tell the real story.

For the bolded part, karma is indifferent to religion/race/species and it gradually unfolds, if you happen to be alive by that time you may witness it yourself.

23 minutes ago, MechEng said:

The reason you mentioned for Christianity's decline is karma itself. Karma is not if you throw a stone at someone few years later a stone will be thrown at you, it's much more complex and subtle than that and it get's you in very indirect ways.

The academic history tends to view things in black and white while the reality is grey. It's easy to see the good guys Buddhists being demolished by bad guys Islamists but what really happened back then nobody knows and it's impossible to know since nobody from that era is alive today to tell the real story.

For the bolded part, karma is indifferent to religion/race/species and it gradually unfolds, if you happen to be alive by that time you may witness it yourself.

I’m not so patient, if someone wrongs me, I want justice to be prompt!

Look at the Nazi war criminals like Mengele who got away with their crimes. You might say that they are paying for their crimes in the next life but there is no evidence.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Christianity is still rapidly growing in Africa , Russia ,China etc.It is the only religion that is also successfully converting muslims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_growth

Indians have to be all ears regarding these communal clashes around their neighborhood. 

Few years back due to Rohingya issue in Burma(still ongoing), Amar Jawan Jyoti site was damaged In Mumbai & Bodhgaya was attacked by IM, thankfully there were no casualties.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, MechEng said:

I was wondering who this poster is...

then his next post was 

Guys, you are witnessing a master class in yarn spinning. This is way up there in pure class. I have seen many Pakistani liberals spin with this logic. 

On 06/03/2018 at 10:59 PM, MechEng said:

In my experience, the violence could come from both, i.e. people and the religion. On the other side, both people and religion could also help in stopping the violence.

In case of ISIS, surely all violence is coming from religion. These are Europe born/converted Muslims who are in ISIS due to the religion. 

Today, Pakistani society has become far more religious than the past. That is why we have a lot of violence against the others. Similarly, it seems Hindutva became stronger too in India in recent past, and thus increase of violence in India too. 

On 08/03/2018 at 6:38 PM, MechEng said:

I am an atheist and I don't believe in Karma as such. 

It were the earlier generations of Christians who killed people, why then the Christians of today have to pay for it as Karma? 

Actually Buddhists and Hindus are also becoming atheists in big numbers, although their ancestors perhaps killed no one. 

On 08/03/2018 at 8:07 PM, Singh bling said:

Christianity is still rapidly growing in Africa , Russia ,China etc.It is the only religion that is also successfully converting muslims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_growth

I am afraid it is not true. In Russia for sure atheism is the fastest growing religion/ideology.

It is only Atheism who is successfully converting the Muslims, even in the Muslim countries, even without any organised preaching. It is happening automatically due to the science and human rationale. 

Muslims never feared Christianity etc., as they were able to counter it, but they are really afraid of atheism. 

I am an ex-Muslim, and debated a lot with the Muslims, and I know it. 

Edited by Alam_dar

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I am afraid it is not true. In Russia for sure atheism is the fastest growing religion/ideology.

It is only Atheism who is successfully converting the Muslims, even in the Muslim countries, even without any organised preaching. It is happening automatically due to the science and human rationale. 

Muslims never feared Christianity etc., as they were able to counter it, but they are really afraid of atheism. 

I am an ex-Muslim, and debated a lot with the Muslims, and I know it. 

In Russia there is revival of Russian orthodox christianity and you can read several news on that .Atheism was violently imposed on Soviet people for 74 years but Russian orthodox Christianity did not die.The power of Church in Russia is well known

As far Atheism converting muslims is concerned I really want to know where muslims are embracing Atheism because it means those countries will become more liberal so far I just hear even liberal muslim cpuntries like Malaysia passing more stringent laws

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

In Russia there is revival of Russian orthodox christianity and you can read several news on that .Atheism was violently imposed on Soviet people for 74 years but Russian orthodox Christianity did not die.The power of Church in Russia is well known

This revival of Orthodox Church is mostly symbolic, but in practice not big numbers of Russians have started going to the church. 

There wave of "Identity and Origin" is spread almost all over the world in one way or other.

Muslims all over the world became more religious and they sought their identity as Muslims.

In response to Islamic fundamentalism, Hindus in India also became more religious and they strongly started identifying themselves as Hindus and they left secularism. 

Even Buddhist also showing reaction to the Muslim fanaticism and becoming more religious. 

Something similar happened in Russia. After the communism, they wanted to have roots in something as their origin and identity. Muslims fanaticism in Russian State also compelled the Russian Christians to label themselves as Orthodox Christians as a reaction.

It were the Communists who earlier denied being part of any religion and later they started identifying themselves as Christians. 

Nevertheless, real "Atheism" is not "Communism". 

The numbers of atheists seems to increase even in Russia. 

//

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Russia

In a study Levada Center in November 2012, 5% of respondents named themselves atheists, 10% said they did not belong to any religion.[33]

According to FOM as of June 2013, 25% of Russians do not consider themselves to be believers.[34]

//

Please remember, Russian Church has not "superlative" teachings which Churches of other countries don't have, but still Christianity in other countries not increasing. 

In Russia, this increase is not due to "preaching" but it has more to do with the political situation. 

As far Atheism converting muslims is concerned I really want to know where muslims are embracing Atheism because it means those countries will become more liberal so far I just hear even liberal muslim cpuntries like Malaysia passing more stringent laws

I am afraid these are two different things. 

Radicalization in Muslim Countries is many many folds where secular moderate Muslims turned into fanatics. 

While as compared to Muslim Radicalization, atheism is a very new and very small movement. 

Despite being small movement, still Atheism got huge success if we consider the circumstances in the Muslim countries, where punishment is hanging to death. There are no organized centres present for preaching of atheism, but still it automatically spreads. 

Christianity or Hindusim etc. got 0% success. Actually, their numbers showed the negative growth. It is only atheism, which is even small, but still showing the positive growth. 

And Pakistani Government and Pakistani Judiciary and Mullahs are really afraid of this small movement and they started crack down against them and arrested the atheists. Their leader Ayaz Nizami is detained in Pakistani jail without any trail at moment. 

Please read:

Pakistan’s secret atheists

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40580196

Pakistan's War on Atheism

https://thediplomat.com/2017/03/pakistans-war-on-atheism/

Edited by Alam_dar

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Christianity or Hindusim etc. got 0% success. Actually, their numbers showed the negative growth. It is only atheism, which is even small, but still showing the positive growth. 

And Pakistani Government and Pakistani Judiciary and Mullahs are really afraid of this small movement and they started crack down against them and arrested the atheists. Their leader Ayaz Nizami is detained in Pakistani jail without any trail at moment. 

Please read:

In India Atheists are biggest protectors of muslims , they mostly come from Hindu background so they attack Hinduism but keep a deafening silence on Islamic practices.They believe in order to be secular they just have to oppose Hinduism.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

In India Atheists are biggest protectors of muslims , they mostly come from Hindu background so they attack Hinduism but keep a deafening silence on Islamic practices.They believe in order to be secular they just have to oppose Hinduism.

We (the atheists) are facing the same problem in Pakistan, where Muslims blame the Pakistani Atheists that they only attack and criticize Islam and never write or criticize Hinduism or Christianity. 

I am an atheist. I am an ex-Muslim. I studied Islam whole of my life, but I didn't study Hinduism or Christianity for even 1% of my life. Therefore, I could debate with Muslims, I could criticize Islam while I have knowledge about it, but I could not criticize Hinduism or Christianity while one need scholarly grip of issues for criticism. 

Have you seen any Indian ex-Muslim atheist? 

If there exist any such Indian ex-Muslim atheist, then you will see that he would be criticizing Islam all the time. 

I know one Indian ex-Muslim. His name is Syed Amjad Hussain. He was present with us on the Facebook group of freethinkers. He has written half a dozen books against Islam in Urdu. His 100% efforts were against Islam. He was also accused that he writes and criticizes only Islam, but not Hinduism. 

The ultimate fate of us (Seculars/Atheists) is this that:

* In Pakistan, Muslims blame us (the Seculars) as "traitor" of Pakistan, while we raise our voices for Pakistani Hindus and Pakistani minorities when the Mullahs oppress them for their religion. 

* In Israel again the Israeli Seculars/Atheists are blamed to be the "traitors" of Israel while they raise their voices for the rights of Palestinian people. 

* In US again the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of US while they don't want the oppression of US Muslims and consider them too as humans. 

* In India too the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of India while they stand against the radicalization and want equal rights for all. 

After giving up Islam, my priorities became such as "Humanity First".

And this Humanity comes above any religion and even any nationality. But this makes me "traitor" to Islam and as well as to the Pakistani State. It is demanded in name of "nationalism" that I defend all the wrong doings of Pakistani state too. 

15 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Many atheists hesitate because threat of life from twisted Muslims is much much more than the threat from extremist Hindus. 
Death for Kamlesh Tiwari has been demanded by hundreds of thousands of Muslims all over the country, while likes of Azam Khan & Owaisis roam freely & spread hate despite of living in a country with majority Hindu population. 
One of my friend used to be an admin of Facebook group with more than 65000+ members & I'm talking about 2011-12. He openly used to bash every religion, he used to receive quite a flak also. But after sometime he started receiving death threats as he told me, specifically from local Muslims. Fearful of his life he deactivated his FB account & was living like a recluse.