If Wasim Akram was so great - why are his statistics not great ?

Little less than 4 wickets a test match, bowling average close to 30 in England, and about 25 in Australia. One would have thought with his skills he would have sub 22 in England.

There are atleast  dozen who have better records.

Is it just because of his " tailunt" ?

who said he was great ? he was pathetic. even if ICC HOF said it thn forgt it. what you should know he was a 1st class chucker, bottle caper, fixer, ball temper, high on drugs. even in late 90s and early 00s, he never quites ball tampering , never ever cared about that 40+ cameras and 3rd umpire watching him. 

no swing ( in or out ), no seam, no pace, just do trundeling, on UAE patta wkts and heat, batsman plays him for fun unlike the Dayle styen Gun , who got plethora of wkts on UAE patta wkts by any other bowler in the world.

wasim's last resort was always umpires who helped him to gt wickets even if they are Goras, they will just gve out becoz he shouts to much on thre ears. 

/thread. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior
26 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Though Wasim was a great bowler but Agarkar was touch better

Agree. You have to put everything in context. For a Pakistani, Akram was a great bowler. Had he been born in India, he would just be another in the long line of fringe Indian bowlers in tha 90s. Agarkar, Subroto Banerjee, Mohanty, Salik Ankola etc.

This is a clear jealously from Indians because non of the Indian fast bowlers became world class like Pakistan fast bowlers. Pakistan continuously produced match winning pacers where opposition batsmen were fear to face. I remember only Javagal Srinath & Zaheer Khan played few years continuously as strike bowlers and other than that no body had cemented as strike fast bowlers & most of them were in and out. But there is a much competition to survive in Pakistan XI unless he produced world class performance. So Respect Wasim Bhai :hatsoff:

I remember India was trying to produce world class bowlers (on paper) like Venketish Prasad and Manoj Prabakar who were continuously massacred by Jayasuriya in late 90s :hysterical:

3 minutes ago, Lala said:

This is a clear jealously from Indians because non of the Indian fast bowlers became world class like Pakistan fast bowlers. Pakistan continuously produced match winning pacers where opposition batsmen were fear to face. I remember only Javagal Srinath & Zaheer Khan played few years continuously as strike bowlers and other than that no body had cemented as strike fast bowlers & most of them were in and out. But there is a much competition to survive in Pakistan XI unless he produced world class performance. So Respect Wasim Bhai :hatsoff:

I remember India was trying to produce world class bowlers (on paper) like Venketish Prasad and Manoj Prabakar who were continuously massacred by Jayasuriya in late 90s :hysterical:

Mediocre Ajay  Jadeja was sufficient to massacre a certain Pakistani "great" fast bowler

Edited by kosingh
32 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Though Wasim was a great bowler but Agarkar was touch better

I thought you would say Jasprith Bumrah will be touch better than Wasim and He will break all records of Wasim soon. :cantstop:

3 minutes ago, Lala said:

Jayasuriya scored fastest 100 against Pak in 1996 at Singapore :hehe:

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

who said he was great ? he was pathetic. even if ICC HOF said it thn forgt it. what you should know he was a 1st class chucker, bottle caper, fixer, ball temper, high on drugs. even in late 90s and early 00s, he never quites ball tampering , never ever cared about that 40+ cameras and 3rd umpire watching him. 

no swing ( in or out ), no seam, no pace, just do trundeling, on UAE patta wkts and heat, batsman plays him for fun unlike the Dayle styen Gun , who got plethora of wkts on UAE patta wkts by any other bowler in the world.

wasim's last resort was always umpires who helped him to gt wickets even if they are Goras, they will just gve out becoz he shouts to much on thre ears. 

/thread. 

I personally think Wasim was a great bowler but was he the best ever or not or how good he was is obviously up for debate

However, Wasim’s involvement in Match Fixing,Ball tampering and Drugs(getting busted in WI for smoking pot etc) are well documented :laugh:

so you are basically mocking people bringing up facts lol because they don’t agree with something that is obviously subjective....sums up the caricature pretty much

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Jayasuriya scored fastest 100 against Pak in 1996 at Singapore :hehe:

Afridi broke that record against same Jayasuriya's bowling after few months time. Remember?

A top Pakistani judge acquitted  Wasim Akram despite all the evidence against him because the reason was .....hold your breath .....”he was a fan “:hysterical:

Now in hindsight Pakistani fans counting down Amir’s ban by writing with a chalk on the wall sounds almost lame in comparison.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I personally think Wasim was a great bowler but was he the beat ever or not or how good he was is obviously up for debate

However, Wasim’s involvement in Match Fixing,Ball tampering and Drugs(getting busted in WI for smoking pot etc) are well documented :laugh:

so you are basically mocking people bringing up facts lol because they don’t agree with something that is obviously subjective....sums up the caricature pretty much

match fixing - ICC officials never said he was involved in any fixing. in case you are referring about Justice Qayyum's Report thn you should know that it gt challenged again by few players becoz few of the cases of mr.Justice Qayyuum's gt null and void by SC of pakistan , and NAB is looking for him and hes outside of country. so you need to keep update your knowledge about it if you are so obsessed with it. 

Ball tampering - IK won the case in england court against the allegation of ball tempering ( wasim and waqar ) during the pakistani tour england in early 90s.

Drugs - yes he got busted for smoking pot, last i checked pot isnt the equal of steroids etc. 

btw i already mention in my previous post that wasim was a pathetic player. so dont bother to reply me back. 

thanks. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior
8 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

Little less than 4 wickets a test match, bowling average close to 30 in England, and about 25 in Australia. One would have thought with his skills he would have sub 22 in England.

There are atleast  dozen who have better records.

Is it just because of his " tailunt" ?

Has nothing to do with "tailunt". there are several factors. first and foremost is that akram was an underachiever. if he had played to his true potential, he would have an avg of around 20 (like alan davidson) instead of 23. second, most SC teams (except SL to some degree) drop a lot of catches compared to SA and Aus. srinath also faced the same issue. there's also the fact that akram started off somewhat slowly in tests and also had some dip in form towards the end. lastly, an avg of 25 in aus is pretty good since some aus tracks are quite flat (apart from bounce). when all these factors are taken into account, his overall record and career avg are still great.

26 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Has nothing to do with "tailunt". there are several factors. first and foremost is that akram was an underachiever. if he had played to his true potential, he would have an avg of around 20 (like alan davidson) instead of 23. second, most SC teams (except SL to some degree) drop a lot of catches compared to SA and Aus. srinath also faced the same issue. there's also the fact that akram started off somewhat slowly in tests and also had some dip in form towards the end. lastly, an avg of 25 in aus is pretty good since some aus tracks are quite flat (apart from bounce). when all these factors are taken into account, his overall record and career avg are still great.

Probably because of diabetes. His overall record is of course of an ATG but I'd say McGrath/Donald/Ambrose/Steyn all had better peaks and more memorable performances where they ran through strong batting sides. This probably reflects in his peak Test rating which is only around 830 IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Probably because of diabetes. His overall record is of course of an ATG but I'd say McGrath/Donald/Ambrose/Steyn all had better peaks and more memorable performances where they ran through strong batting sides. This probably reflects in his peak Test rating which is only around 830 IIRC.

yes, of course. I was just explaining to OP why Akram was a great bowler (not a "tailunt"). Apart from Amby, the other 3 played in stronger attacks IMO and more importantly had fielders who could actually catch. Amby was a beast of course, but he also benefited from playing majority of his career in fairly pace-friendly conditions (only 6 of his 98 Tests were in SC). He's still an ATG but this factor should be remembered (the same is also true for Shane "James" Bond).