ICF hypes who turn/have turned out to be average in International cricket.

If someone fails in international cricket after doing well in domestic , then its not called hype or can’t be called hype as most deserve their chance to play for India then or have a run at international cricket whether thy fail or not.

If someone fails in international cricket a number of times but is still backed by group of fans but player continues to fail regularly in international cricket, that is called hype. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

If someone fails in international cricket after doing well in domestic , then its not called hype or can’t be called hype as most deserve their chance to play for India then or have a run at international cricket whether thy fail or not.

If someone fails in international cricket a number of times but is still backed by group of fans but player continues to fail regularly in international cricket, that is called hype. 

Ppl here tend to go overboard with praising players who perform in domestic for a small period of time..ask them to be fast tracked. Very quick to come to conclusions.

Just a few good Innings against U-19/A teams and they suggest that he the the best player and should immediately play for India. That is called hype.

1 hour ago, sourab10forever said:

Ppl here tend to go overboard with praising players who perform in domestic for a small period of time..ask them to be fast tracked. Very quick to come to conclusions.

Just a few good Innings against U-19/A teams and they suggest that he the the best player and should immediately play for India. That is called hype.

Its called "Kuch naya Lao" syndrome.  Everybody has a reason to dislike their pet hated players in the team, and want to see somebody new in their place.   

Its not an Indian thing - its a global sports thing.  In the NFL, its a celebrated saying that there is nobody more popular on a Football team, than the 2nd string quarterback who's on the bench.  

3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I was having a debate with someone . Hardik was being compared to Kapil. Think that is hype of highest order i have ever read here. 

Who compared hardik with kapil, i wanna knw ....only media so when he fails they have opposite story to play

Its like once dravid said- someone name me wall smartly so in future they have a like that wall has cracks. 

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Who compared hardik with kapil, i wanna knw ....only media so when he fails they have opposite story to play

Its like once dravid said- someone name me wall smartly so in future they have a like that wall has cracks. 

I dont recall media comparing Hardik with Kapil. Some over here were comparing stats of Kapil with those of Hardik.  So not hyped before making debut but hyped after having played a good number of matches.

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I dont recall media comparing Hardik with Kapil. Some over here were comparing stats of Kapil with those of Hardik.  So not hyped before making debut but hyped after having played a good number of matches.

ohh yes i was, not to compare just to tell people kapil didnt become legend overnight 

but matalb ulta hi nikalna hai 

I see it as excitement, enthusiasm about a new player. Some of the players don't live up to the hype, so what? We are just fans, not full time selectors armed with resources and time to spot the best talent. Positive hype is any-day better than calling a budding cricketer useless. Should fans also go the uncle Ravi way and just talk about only experienced and well established  cricketers?

19 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

The fitness of Kapil and Irfan was incomparable. Irfan missed lot of series and season due to injuries. Kapil has record for playing most number of tests without missing one.

sunil gavaskar rested kapil in one test to prevent him setting some record :p: