ICF hypes who turn/have turned out to be average in International cricket.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:52 AM, Singh bling said:

Varun Aaron and all the bowlers who  bowls 140k plus sometime which our fast bowling experts See's in domestic cricket.reading their posts it always look to me we have found our Holding , Marshall, Akram etc

He was hyped for pace and he disappoint in that department. 

i can think of few starting with Badrinath, manoj tiwary, Saurabh Tiwary had a few good games in IPL and everyone wanted him in limited over setup just like ppl want krunal pandya in India team even though they havent done anything even at domestic level. 

One of favorites Varun Aaron reason for keeping him out,  pace at which varun bowls will break Dhonis fingers so to extend his own career Dhoni is keeping varun out of team.

Few more VRV singh, Munaf patel (though for a brief period munaf was key member of our lineup)

Edited by jf1gp_1
2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

He has highest SR in this ODI team. How is that average?

I don't go just by stats,even fakhar saman has atg stats atm,does it mean both are good players? Not for me. Kedar jhadav will be found out ,his average has already come down from 50 to 42 

Edited by adi B
1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Pankaj Singh has to be one of the most hyped. Lots of Indian fans wanted him in test side.

he was a very good Ranji bowler. Certainly deserved his chance and if anything should have played more. 

This goes back to Tics point that icfers wanting him in the side wasn't him being hyped but asking for him to be rewarded for excellent domestic performance. Doubt anyone here claimed he was going to be an all time great

On 3/8/2018 at 7:45 PM, sourab10forever said:

ICF is know to hype young players who fall on their feet when exposed to international standards.

Name them.

LOL I had the idea of this exact same thread a few days ago after watching thakur and reading the badrinath threads from the past:giggle:

2 hours ago, adi B said:

I don't go just by stats,even fakhar saman has atg stats atm,does it mean both are good players? Not for me. Kedar jhadav will be found out ,his average has already come down from 50 to 42 

This definitely means he hasn't been average as claimed earlier. 

He has done his work so far. How many batsmen avg 45 with SR of 115 at that position.

His batting doesn't inspire confidence much and it's isn't attractive either, but that doesn't make it average.