(Video) Qasim Omar b Kapil Dev in WCC 1985 finals flashed in front of my eyes today.

2 hours ago, kira said:

Kapil was better than every Pakistani bowler except may be Wasim, his stats took a hit because he had to single handedly carry the pathetic bowling attack and he also was too ethical to indulge in ball tampering 

I kind of agree that he was a better bowler than Imran and Waqar. But Wasim is on a different level. Also, Kapil should have never extended his playing years!

Surely, if he had a decent bowling partner, rather 2-3 decent pace bowlers with him, he might have been an ATG bowler.

7 hours ago, kira said:

Kapil was better than every Pakistani bowler except may be Wasim, his stats took a hit because he had to single handedly carry the pathetic bowling attack and he also was too ethical to indulge in ball tampering 

:facepalm:

Edited by Bublu Bhuyan
7 hours ago, Bilal78 said:

Yeh, average of 28 is better than average of 22 and 23.

kapil was the biggest truddler I have seen.

David Gower used to smash him to all parts

Whatever makes you sleep better at night my brother! And yeah, quit reacting to your own posts... That too reactions like a trophy :) It kind of gets embarassing for us to see you make a fool of yourself! Honestly :)

Kapil dev had amazing control over each of his deliveries. His action is highly repeatable. He would bowl the same length again and again. I can never forget his battles with Dean Jones who was the new Richards in the one-dayers during his playing time.  Another match where he clean bowled Hadlee in the 50th over was also a thriller. 

Kapil’s average is great considering he bowled on fast bowlers’ graveyard on Indian pitches in the late 70s and early 80s. Outfields were in horrendous shape back then, and players used to avoid sliding as it would peel the skin from the flesh!! :giggle: So the ball got scuffed up on all sides pretty quickly. And unlike the the Pak brethren he did not resort to ball tampering to aid him.

Considering the rest of the Indian bowlers, he was head and shoulders above his generation. If he was born in the current era, he would have had more pace and a better average and could have been a ATG on bowling alone. Kapil and Sunny showed the way for the rest of India how to bat and bowl against quality teams back then when we were not that good.

Just think of this, if Pak trio of Imran, Waqar and Wasim did not resort to ball tampering as much as they did, what would their legacy be. Would their record be as good as it was? In the 1982-83 series, Imran ran circles around the Indian batsman with prodigious movement, a lot of which have been alleged to massive ball tampering. These Pakistani madarchods have no shame!!

Edited by dandaroy

Well, 5 factors need to be taken into account while analysing Kapil the bowler.

1. Longevity- At one point after bowling 21000 balls(Imran bowled only some 19500 balls) , Kapil's avg: stood at 28.86 . And when some body goes on to bowl a mammoth 27000+ balls(especially an allrounder)   it is  just natural that avg: would dip a lot further due to terminal decline.

2. Kapil had very mediocre bowling  support at the other end when compared to several great bowlers.

3.Kapil played non stop cricket .Huge work density had its impact on his stats.This factor is emphatically reflected in the fact that after 62 tests Kapil's wkts tally stood at 4 wkts/test(in just 5 years and 5 months). Then his knee injury and related surgery happend.He didn't take adequate time to recover and straight away played which resulted in  2.46 wkts only in his next 26 tests( 64 wkts in 26 tests).All in all, where as  Imran  took long 21 years to bowl 19500 balls ,Kapil bowled those no: of balls in just 8 years and  5 months.

4. Kapil  never resorted to unethical tampering methods.

5. Even against all the above adversities he had the best bowling avg: against WI , the undoubtedly best team of his era or perhaps all time ,among FAB 4.

It is based on such contexts that a bowler like Kapil need to be analysed.To me he is easily a 26.85 avg:  bowler

And hence for me he is the best all rounder among the FAB 4 of 80s.

Edited by rtmohanlal
On 10/03/2018 at 1:37 AM, Bilal78 said:

He was a crap truddler, even Faislabad u10 Bowler is better than Kapil off spinner Dev.

Kapil was one of the best allrounder.. and not a cheater... ball tamperer, terrorist suporter n womaniser like that piece of shyte from the gutter - imran khan...

7 hours ago, dandaroy said:

Kapil’s average is great considering he bowled on fast bowlers’ graveyard on Indian pitches in the late 70s and early 80s. Outfields were in horrendous shape back then, and players used to avoid sliding as it would peel the skin from the flesh!! :giggle: So the ball got scuffed up on all sides pretty quickly. And unlike the the Pak brethren he did not resort to ball tampering to aid him.

Considering the rest of the Indian bowlers, he was head and shoulders above his generation. If he was born in the current era, he would have had more pace and a better average and could have been a ATG on bowling alone. Kapil and Sunny showed the way for the rest of India how to bat and bowl against quality teams back then when we were not that good.

Just think of this, if Pak trio of Imran, Waqar and Wasim did not resort to ball tampering as much as they did, what would their legacy be. Would their record be as good as it was? In the 1982-83 series, Imran ran circles around the Indian batsman with prodigious movement, a lot of which have been alleged to massive ball tampering. These Pakistani madarchods have no shame!!

Well said...!!!!

Edited by TheWall
9 hours ago, dandaroy said:

The legacy,  especially of  chronic  bottle topper Khan  who was the mentor of his two W disciples has taken a severe beating .For instance I never can accept him as a great bowler any more  in my mind as I used to once .Just can't accept the credentials of some body who cheated his way to greatness. As simple as that. I am sure there would be lots and lots of others who believe in fair play and thinks the same way  as I does.For me, Imran is the equivalent of Canada athlete Ben Johnson who was stripped of his medal in 88 Olympics for 'PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG consumption' cheating.

4 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

Imran is better than the whole of India combined.

:phehe: ru stoned....

Did u leave ur veain in the gutter itself.. or i dont have a brain...

Btw who the * is imran... i know he is a pimp n politician who used to tamper balls while playing for terroristan..a.k.a pakistan...

1 minute ago, Bilal78 said:

You wake up from yours, Kapil isn’t even in the top 30 fast bowlers of all time, he was jus a mediocre truddler.

Thats only for some braindead Pakistani like you n nobody cares about u ppl...

You Pakistani r fit to be with a begging bowl n kneel in front of Indians n lick what we spit...

Edited by TheWall