I have to fight my way back to contention again: Nathu Singh

Rajasthan fast bowler –Nathu Singh, who is able to generate speeds in excess of 145 kph, had turned many heads at the Indian Premier League (IPL) Auction 2016 when he was brought up by Mumbai Indians for a whopping Rs. 3.20 crore, but his rapid rise didn't take much time to fall.

Then, he was signed up by Gujarat Lions for 50 lakh at the IPL Auction 2017. However, the pacer went unsold at the IPL Auction 2018 and now has returned back to the MRF Pace Foundation to revive his career.

Speaking to Sportstar, Nathu Singh said, “Probably, I did not pay as much attention to training, fitness and preparation as much as I was told to do at the MRF. The body was not strong. Consequently, I suffered a stress fracture on the lower back last season.”

Though Nathu admitted that he had strayed from the path,  he did not lose hope. He further added, “Senthilnathan sir at the MRF was gracious enough to call me and give me another chance to train here. Then, there is the great Glenn McGrath to guide you. I have to fight my way back to contention again.”

Now, he has started training with tennis ball cricket as well as has been working some aspects of his bowling including shortening his run-up to revive his career. He signed off by saying, “The arm rotation has to be good to generate pace with the tennis ball and you learn to bowl Yorkers.”

Link - https://circleofcricket.com/category/Latest_news/18107/i-have-to-fight-my-way-back-to-contention-again-nathu-singh

3 hours ago, kosingh said:

He is freaking 22 years old. Talking as if he is 33. He has plenty of time

Problem is the frequency of introducing new pacers, its like 1-2 per year! And they get easily discarded unless they do a bumrah and perform from game 1. These pacers need more chances.

as far as age, rabada was drafted early as was ishant. Point is we have to try and who knows he could turn to be a matchwinner

14 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

India should have introduced him in odis but they're content on the same set of pacers. Then when the likes of bumrah and bhuvi get rested we fall back on unadkats. May as well give these guys a chance!

why not to U19 bowlers who are consistently quicker than him. After all none of them are ready for international cricket. 

why not to U19 bowlers who are consistently quicker than him. After all none of them are ready for international cricket. 
Pace is not the only criteria.Nathu has good height as well as control .He mainly Nips the ball in.
39 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Nathu was very much ready to play ODIs when he got injured last year. He had started IPL very well too.