If Kohli had won one more toss in RSA

4 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

The India RSA test series would have followed a very different script. South African batsmen can't handle pressure.

If Dhawan hadn't dropped a simple catch in slips off of Bhuvi in the 1sts innings of the 1st test, Bhuvi would have a match-winning and series winning 5-fer.  

We really blew a golden opportunity to win this series.  

37 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If Dhawan hadn't dropped a simple catch in slips off of Bhuvi in the 1sts innings of the 1st test, Bhuvi would have a match-winning and series winning 5-fer.  

We really blew a golden opportunity to win this series.  

And if only SA would have taken pandya catch in first innings we would have conceeded a lead of 160. Ifs and buts ... Followed by whatever  sidhu used to say.

On field mistakes and toss will keep happening but the poor planning killed us. If we had done what aussies did in terms of prep then yes series would have been lot closer

Edited by jf1gp_1
2 hours ago, GolGappe said:

The India RSA test series would have followed a very different script. South African batsmen can't handle pressure.

Still a 2 - 1 win for SA and the history books will show that for ever no matter how many ifs 

If and buts , what if Brett shuldz and Alan donald were still around for SA. No use thinking what if or what could of been. INDIA has a population of over a billion. And yet the dictatorship rules the team by a few people. India lost the test series. Now will the same mistakes be made by India in England?? Will rohit play test match

17 hours ago, prinzo said:

If and buts , what if Brett shuldz and Alan donald were still around for SA. No use thinking what if or what could of been. INDIA has a population of over a billion. And yet the dictatorship rules the team by a few people. India lost the test series. Now will the same mistakes be made by India in England?? Will rohit play test match

Not sure what you're on about.  Do you think the team should be picked with democratic votes in online polls like a reality show?  

20 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

And if only SA would have taken pandya catch in first innings we would have conceeded a lead of 160. Ifs and buts ... Followed by whatever  sidhu used to say.

On field mistakes and toss will keep happening but the poor planning killed us. If we had done what aussies did in terms of prep then yes series would have been lot closer

Of course ifs and buts and all that jazz.  But there is no harm in acknowledging that there are certain critical inflection points in the course of a game (and series) which end up changing things radically.

Apart from all the lack of planning, selection own-goals, bad luck with the toss, pitch-doctoring etc - Bottomline is that when push came to shove, the South African batting lineup out-batted India's in key moments.  And ABDV was a big piece of that.  So SA won the series.  

But from an Indian perspective, we were very, very close to pulling out a series win, if a couple of things had gone our way - and a subset of those were entirely our own doing.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not sure what you're on about.  Do you think the team should be picked with democratic votes in online polls like a reality show?  

Team should be picked on merit. How do you explain Rohit I  the test team ahead of Rahane and other few players. Virat chooses friends. 

I seen Virat walking with certain players in the mall in SA etc. Those same players are always first in the team selection

9 minutes ago, prinzo said:

Team should be picked on merit. How do you explain Rohit I  the test team ahead of Rahane and other few players. Virat chooses friends. 

I seen Virat walking with certain players in the mall in SA etc. Those same players are always first in the team selection

Rohit's selection in the SA series has been highly controversial for a while now.   VK is a big fan of Rohit's batting "potential" and a captain is allowed to have faith and make a one-off selection judgement call.   While I strongly disagreed with his selection calls, I think its incorrect to extrapolate and assume that Indian team selection is not done on merit.  

I do not believe that Rohit would get picked ahead of Rahane/Pujara in the England tour, unless either of those are injured.  

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we all will have a merry xmas.

Dropped catches etc are part of the game.

The bowling did their part and in my opinion India missed a trick by not including two spinners.

Biggest culprits were the openers. Dropping Dhawan and getting Rahul in was a monumental blunder. The game was lost by the openers.

Edited by Khota