Does KL Rahul seem way too casual/careless ?

Number

Not debating that he should have got more chances by now but his attitude to me does not seem right.

Was throwing away starts in Aus series.

Had soft dismissals in tests in SA.

Could have caused two * up run outs today and then had no idea where his back leg is.

Needs to get rid of this casual approach fast and grab the few chances he is getting firmly. Specially knowing that management has kept him low in pecking order.

Edited by Number

He is basically very similar to Rohit in Limited overs. When he is hitting 4s and 6s fluently he is deadly, but he has zero ability to accumulate runs like the way manish and kartik did today. So its easy for players like Rohit and Lokesh to get bogged down and try to hit out in frustration. I can see why team management want to play him exclusively as an opener tbh.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Seems nervous...how the hell is he put in a position to fight for his spot :wall:

exactly...he will be a marked for future..high care future prospect in every other nation, Eng/Aus/SA/NZ included...its a travesty that he is being tossed around in India..

India should have two international teams man..

He is basically very similar to Rohit in Limited overs. When he is hitting 4s and 6s fluently he is deadly, but he has zero ability to accumulate runs like the way manish and kartik did today. So its easy for players like Rohit and Lokesh to get bogged down and try to hit out in frustration. I can see why team management want to play him exclusively as an opener tbh.

Rahul rotates the strike very well. He also has a very steady game against seaming deliveries and spinning deliveries. 

Edited by Vilander

Take a look at Deodhar Trophy Final that took place last month between Karnataka and Rajkot.. He got run out in single digits (i think or in 20s). he dropped his bat just before reaching crease and his feet were in the air..

He was casually laughing in dug out few overs later..And i thought he must be desperate to make runs after missing SA ODIs.. .

He is worst than Rohit with his laziness and casual approach..

9 hours ago, Number said:

Not debating that he should have got more chances by now but his attitude to me does not seem right.

Was throwing away starts in Aus series.

Had soft dismissals in tests in SA.

Could have caused two * up run outs today and then had no idea where his back leg is.

Needs to get rid of this casual approach fast and grab the few chances he is getting firmly. Specially knowing that management has kept him low in pecking order.

throwing away starts in Aus series? he was the highest run getter for us.