Ee Sala Cup Namde : The Official 2018 RCB thread

sourab10forever

once again example of inept captaincy of virat, he tried leg spin twice last year against Narine,got smashed both time sand did once again yesterday.also once gain made a mistake of playing all top guns at the top, i ll like to see this team in future :

Decock

Sundar

Virat

Mandeep

AB

Sarfaraz

Degrandehomme

Southee

Umesh

Chahal

Khejroliya/Any other seamer

Even before the tournament started, it was obvious RCB made a blunder not to retain KL Rahul.

Virat, AB, KL and Chahal were the MUST to be retained / bought back. Retaining Sarfaraz made no sense. Even if they really wanted him, they could have easily bought him in the auction at a small cost.

2 games in ...

Good news so far is some of the not top-of-the-shelf players like Umesh, Sundar and Mandeep have done well ... that's a few less headaches in selection.

Obviously too top heavy ... need to drop BMac and strengthen the middle order with may be DeGrandhomme .. Sarfaraz needs to be dropped. Kejroliya bowling good lengths and pace, needs to adjust his line a bit. Chahal and Woakes need a good outing in the next game.

+ Q DeKock

M Vohra

* V Kohli

AB DeVilliers

C DeGrandhomme

M Singh

C Woakes

W Sundar

U Yadav

K Khejroliya

Y Chahal

Letting go of Rahul :wall:

Retaining Sarfaraz :wall:

Picking a has been BMac :wall:

Foreign picks ... NCN, BMac, Woakes, QDK, C Anderson, M Ali, Southee, CDG ... apart from QDK and may be NCN and CDG (potentially), the rest are average T20 players.

Most in ICF would have done a better job at auction than these dumb*ucks who are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

With the status quo, no way in hell RCB can make it far in this IPL.

They need to get away from this top-heavy batting order. It worked in 2016 only because Virat and AbDV were in the form of their lives. Rahul also had an exceptional season in the middle order. Gayle wasn't consistent but he won couple of games on his own, and almost won the final too.

I feel they really have to strengthen the middle order. It will keep them in the game for longer periods, unlike now which is boom or bust at the top. Batting late in the order is more difficult than batting earlier in the innings. Senior players (Virat, ABDV) have to take the responsibility of batting through the middle and end overs and finish the games.

They need to extend the batting depth. Sundar seems to have the batting game for the powerplay overs. I'd try this order for a game or two and see how it goes. I feel it would work well.

W Sundar

M Vohra

+ Q DeKock

* V Kohli

A DeVilliers

C DeGrandhomme

M Singh

C Woakes

U Yadav

K Kejroliya

Y Chahal

Edited by philcric

5 minutes ago, philcric said:

They need to get away from this top-heavy batting order. It worked in 2016 only because Virat and AbDV were in the form of their lives. Rahul also had an exceptional season in the middle order. Gayle wasn't consistent but he won couple of games on his own, and almost won the final too.

I feel they really have to strengthen the middle order. It will keep them in the game for longer periods, unlike now which is boom or bust at the top. Batting late in the order is more difficult than batting earlier in the innings. Senior players (Virat, ABDV) have to take the responsibility of batting through the middle and end overs and finish the games.

They need to extend the batting depth. Sundar seems to have the batting game for the powerplay overs. I'd try this order for a game or two and see how it goes. I feel it would work well.

W Sundar

M Vohra

+ Q DeKock

* V Kohli

A DeVilliers

D DeGrandhomme

M Singh

C Woakes

U Yadav

K Kejroliya

Y Chahal

This is a lot better balanced and a strong batting order. But Kohli said not to expect major changes after today's game. So it would take losing a few more games to change this shitty batting line-up. At the most we will see one change in the bowling line up. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, philcric said:

W Sundar

M Vohra

+ Q DeKock

* V Kohli

A DeVilliers

C DeGrandhomme

M Singh

C Woakes

U Yadav

K Kejroliya

Y Chahal

I'd just come  to post to have Sundar open. I like your other picks also :nice:

Woakes hasn't been too impressive, alas. Another spinner would help, there's a local leggie I think.

Saw the team selection, saw the batting order. I knew the game was lost even before a single ball was bowled. MI was 0/2 after 2 balls, even then I didn't fancy RCB's chances.

Don't think RCB has any chance with Vettori / Kohli. Make Kirsten the head coach and ABDV the captain.

And FFS put some thought and come up with a strategy of how to approach the innings instead of just putting your best 3 batsmen at the top of the order and expect them to start, consolidate and finish the innings.

Edited by philcric

They have to try something ridiculous. Don't think they can compete now by playing normal cricket.

Make ABDV the captain. May be stack the team with batting and try to out-bat the opposition. Go hard from ball one and keep batting aggressively all along.

W Sundar

M Vohra

+ Q DeKock

V Kohli

* AB DeVilliers

C DeGrandhomme

C Anderson

M Singh

U Yadav

M Siraj

Y Chahal

It's an imbalanced side, but probably has a better chance of winning than the ones which played last 4 games.

11 minutes ago, philcric said:

They have to try something ridiculous. Don't think they can compete now by playing normal cricket.

Make ABDV the captain. May be stack the team with batting and try to out-bat the opposition. Go hard from ball one and keep batting aggressively all along.

W Sundar

M Vohra

+ Q DeKock

V Kohli

* AB DeVilliers

C DeGrandhomme

C Anderson

M Singh

U Yadav

M Siraj

Y Chahal

It's an imbalanced side, but probably has a better chance of winning than the ones which played last 4 games.

HAHAHA THIS LOOKS MORE RUBBISH THEN CURRENT ONE

BEST BATSMAN SHUD GET MORE BALLS IN UR TEAM BEST BATSMAN  ARE COMING AT 4 N 5, I MEAN HOW CAN U MAKE PROPER BATSMANS BAT SO LOW IN T20

HEIGHT OF BEING DEFENSIVE