Shy9

Irani Trophy 2018 : ROI vs VIDARBHA at Nagpur

26 minutes ago, S_pace said:

Rubbish article. Most of these players picked were top performers in domestic cricket before being picked by IPL teams.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

136, 138, 138, 134, 140, 136 in his 2nd over today. first two overs were very good.

Thanks.  

The commentators were repeatedly praising his first spell today... and criticizing captain Karun for removing him after just 3 overs, whilst he was on song.

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thanks.  

The commentators were repeatedly praising his first spell today... and criticizing captain Karun for removing him after just 3 overs, whilst he was on song.

From the 1 odd hour I saw today, he looked dispirited and off his rhythm.

At the time I watched speeds were neither shown nor discussed by the commentators.   FWIW,  what I saw on the TV screen didn't look exceptional. Kaul had more zing. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Gurbani has natural inswing...had he been 5k faster ..he could have played for India.

Jayant bats better than ashwin.

Sirjee .  Please note ...   Gurbani does not swing as per  ""Fast bowling does not require height LAb !"" 

1 hour ago, TheWall said:

Useless match.....on a dead pitch...

Action should be taken against CURATOR and also People who were involved in getting such a wicket.

It looked as if it was worse  than the AZAAD Maidan Patta wicket and even the curator and cross maidan who creates a green wicket by simple process of suppressing the grass through heavy rollers would do a much better job. 

Managing and creating wickets is one of the EASIEST jobs ,specially to create a Fast wicket is not a rocket Science, one has to grow genuine grass and get it cleaned and pressed thru a heavy roller, i have played on  a green wicket where even slow medium pacers look dangerous.

how can we get our batsman to improve against Pacers?

by making them play on green wickets....gurbani managed to get some inswing on this patta wicket and batsman did not expect such skills other wise they wud have scored centuries too..now jayant and hanuma vihari will score single and double centuries.

it will be nice if both score double centuries as jayant has a very solid defence and hanuma vihari was attacking very well, i dont see any of the vidarbha bowlers getting them OUT easily on this Patta ...

what will it prove ..will it prove that jayant yadav and hanuma vihari are fantastic batsman?

i dont understand the shitty LOGIC of playing an important match on such a wicket..spinners are bowling the wrong length outside leg stump to just stop the run rate ...

the batsman can only get out when the ball is brand new.

i wasted my 3 hours watching today's match...stupid patta wicket.

Patta wickets are such wickets on which medium pacers refuse to bowl and let  Spinners try their luck.

these spinners try their Skills and some good batsman against Spinner like me start CHallenging ourselves and go for Big shots and throw our wickets away where as some less talented and better temparement players like wasim play on and on and ON finally making loads of runs..yes temparement is shown but was it the SKills that won the wicket..no ..just that batsman who feel that they wanna eat up these average spinners throw their wickets.

these patta are dead for swing bowlers too and some times do give some reverse swing to pacers but normally even the fastest bowler in india ( umesh) cannot reverse swing at a genuine dangerous Pace..some inswing bowlers do get some wickets till the ball is new but thats all.

they need to make green wickets , fast wickets and prepare themselves for international wickets, even lanka ,bangladesh are doing that now ,australia ,africa create genuine pacy n bounce wickets and then blow us up and none of our batters can manage them...

even our domestic batsman can play spinners ..on turning wickets no one can play spinners well ..i dont know whats the AIM and as to why are PATTA 's created???

7 hours ago, tweaker said:

Gurbani 4 wickets 

3 days on the field and most likely feet might not be moving enough....that's the best thing to happen for swing bowlers...

But he should be given the credit but should not be taken this performance too seriously...

Guest, sign in to access all features.