Sign in to follow this  
rkt.india

5th Match (N), Nidahas Twenty20 Tri-Series at Colombo, Mar 14 2018 - India vs Bangladesh - 07:00 PM IST

Just now, velu said:

told thousand times .. sitting duck against decent pace bowlers 

problem is he expects  short ball everytime and stays in backfoot 

clearly not a problem if he can keep scoring these quick 30s an 40s 

1 minute ago, velu said:

told thousand times .. sitting duck against decent pace bowlers 

problem is he expects  short ball everytime and stays in backfoot 

Still better for t20s. Can get away in t20s. Bowling well directed short balls consistently is not every bowlers cup of tea. Raina most often will score quick fire 30s. Good enough for t20s.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rohit swinging big for a single.  Too bad he's captain, and can't be "retired out".  I've done that to a tuk-tuker in my team in certain situations in league games.   

I don't think it will be too long before we see such a move in T20s.

Yeah right...a strategy in a Sunday league game in a random baseball stadium with tennis ball cricket and pot bellied and bald uncles  is the benchmark for an international game...do you even think before you type...GTFO :cantstop:

Edited by maniac

Just now, Pollack said:

Still better for t20s. Can get away in t20s. Bowling well directed short balls consistently is not every bowlers cup of tea. Raina most often will score quick fire 30s. Good enough for t20s.

exactly , we need to stop worrying about batsmens technique in T20s . The most important thing good all round hitting abilities 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

exactly , we need to stop worrying about batsmens technique in T20s . The most important thing good all round hitting abilities 

Should be kept far away from ODIs though.But sadly he is one very good innings in t20s away from getting selected in ODIs. Selector's hopefully do use their brains.

4 minutes ago, velu said:

ok .. just check the first post of yours that i quoted ..  

you can't see, but don't worry, I can help you. 

My post read:

"OMG...Dhawan, Rohit, Raina, Pandey...same old crap at the top of the order. No Pant, no Hooda. "

Yes, as a combination that top order is crap. Crap in personnel (Rohit shouldn't be opening, Raina has short ball issues, can't play 3 at international level, Pandey, less said the better)and crap in terms navigating future direction of Indian cricket. 

Just now, Pollack said:

Should be kept far away from ODIs though.But sadly he is one very good innings in t20s away from getting selected in ODIs. Selector's hopefully do use their brains.

am ok if Raina is not in ODIs , but we have big problem of finding 2-3 good middle order players before the WC 

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah right...a strategy in a Sunday league game in a random baseball stadium with tennis ball cricket and pot bellied and bald uncles  is the benchmark for an international game...do you even think before you type...GTFO :cantstop:

Let's have a friendly wager - in the next 2 years, we are going to see a batsman "retired out" in T20 cricket - either in T20I or in Franchise T20.

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

you can't see, but don't worry, I can help you. 

My post read:

"OMG...Dhawan, Rohit, Raina, Pandey...same old crap at the top of the order. No Pant, no Hooda. "

Yes, as a combination that top order is crap. Crap in personnel (Rohit shouldn't be opening, Raina has short ball issues, can't play 3 at international level, Pandey, less said the better)and crap in terms navigating future direction of Indian cricket. 

ok .. assumption is you are agaisnt all the batsmen you quoted ( rohit , raina , dhawan and pandey ) .. 

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.