Virat Kohli Says Cricket Workload Taking A Toll On His Body !!!

velu

India cricket team captain Virat Kohli, who was rested from the ongoing Nidahas Trophy in Sri Lanka, has said that during his break, he is completely opposite to his on-field demeanour and prefers being lazy.

"I can sit and not move from one place for hours and that's how lazy I can be. When I get free time at home, I can be a total vegetable and be very annoying compared to the energy I show on field," Kohli said on the sidelines of a promotional event yesterday.

virat-kohli-mid-day_806x605_71521001313.

Virat Kohli, who got married to actor Anushka Sharma in December last year, added: "Physically, I had a few niggles and I am just getting over them. The workload has started to disagree with me so I have to be careful about how I go forward with my body, mind and cricket. Times like these [rest period] are really important. I really needed this break. And when I am done with this period, obviously in the IPL I will be coming out fresh. I will be mentally in a better place on the field."

its expected, he got married. Anusha will be expecting him to be high energy loverboy, its never enough. He will change he is moving into a new phase in life, this is where the sacrifices of those around him start to make it count. Sachin had a great spouse in hindsight, we will see how Virat and his family cope in the coming years.

I'm 100% sure Kohli here is talking about mental exhaustion rather than a physical one, because recovering from physical tiredness is very easy but recovering from a mental one is quite tough. The pressure this man puts on himself is immense, whether it is working out to achieve optimum fitness level, strict food habits, playing schedules and etc. It's his passion for the game that keeps him going, once that fizzes out inevitably it will be impossible to maintain the standards he's set now. I hope he goes easy on himself, especially the England tour which is like his final frontier.

Edited by MechEng

Sachin, Dravid and Laxman didn't have the crazy desire to win like Kohli has, that's why they were able to have longer careers since they focussed on their main job - batting, so the minimal chances of suffering from a mental burnout. Ganguly was a great leader but he also did not set such high standards for himself as Kohli did, Kohli single handedly elevated Indian fast bowling from an easy target for jokes to a potent attack tough to score runs against, no captain in the history of Indian cricket brought such a major change in attitude except maybe Pataudi. Kohli right now being 29 talking about exhaustion validates my arguments.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I would not say that but he played along to a set of good talented bowlers in Shami bhuv and bumrah and kept giving the right chances and setup for success as a captain. 

I believe mentoring fast bowlers is extremely important for their morale and that's what Kohli did the best, like how Imran Khan encouraged Akram to keep bowling fast even if he gets hit for runs. If you see Umesh Yadav under Dhoni, he was bowling within himself but under Kohli there was a change in his approach, he was more lively and bowled with lots of energy.

5 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

He can Retire from T20s if thats the case. Skip any ODI series &Test series being played against Srilanka/Bangladesh/WI.

This..

He needs to pick and choose important tours to play.. 

Other tours will help develop a strong bench strength for those tours.. 

Wonder why the top 3 always remain the same for useless matches against SL, Ban and WI.. Rohit is there to get easy runs, but Kohli needs to step out of those tours to give him some break and create strong and able backfills for those batting positions 

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

Sachin, Dravid and Laxman didn't have the crazy desire to win like Kohli has, that's why they were able to have longer careers since they focussed on their main job - batting, so the minimal chances of suffering from a mental burnout. Ganguly was a great leader but he also did not set such high standards for himself as Kohli did, Kohli single handedly elevated Indian fast bowling from an easy target for jokes to a potent attack tough to score runs against, no captain in the history of Indian cricket brought such a major change in attitude except maybe Pataudi. Kohli right now being 29 talking about exhaustion validates my arguments.

Dravid - batting in tests and ODIs, keeper for long time, captain and way better fielder than Kohli.

Indian pace attack is improving with systematic change. Just see their U19 performances. 

Dravid as a fielder is no match to Kohli.Dravid on other hand was a very safe slip  catcher against spinners and lot better slip catcher than Kohli.

Indian seam attack is blossoming because of Kohli, he has given the encouragement to them like no other Indian captain.He expects greatness from them and that is the difference.

Edited by putrevus
21 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Dravid - batting in tests and ODIs, keeper for long time, captain and way better fielder than Kohli.

Indian pace attack is improving with systematic change. Just see their U19 performances. 

Dravid is a superior batsman and slip fielder than Kohli no doubt, but the responsibilities Kohli is undertaking is crazy, he is the captain in all 3 formats in internationals and also the captain of RCB team. Dravid starting peaking in late twenties and early thirties and Kohli is already talking about burnout being 29 does tells us something.

10 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Dravid is a superior batsman and slip fielder than Kohli no doubt, but the responsibilities Kohli is undertaking is crazy, he is the captain in all 3 formats in internationals and also the captain of RCB team. Dravid starting peaking in late twenties and early thirties and Kohli is already talking about burnout being 29 does tells us something.

I don't think Dravid is superior batsman than Kohli.Better slip fielder yes but Kohli is already in top two overall batsman from India.Only Sachin is ahead . Kohli has awful record in England , Dravid was equally awful in 1999-2000 series in Australia. His record in SL and  SA is not that great either. 

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

Dravid took on the responsibility of achieving an overseas test series victory and actually achieved it - WI 2006 and England in 2007. IIRC, the WI series win was the first overseas(outside subcontinent) victory in 20 years. And the win in England in 2007 remains the last overseas test series win. Just because he, Laxman, Sachin, Kumble etc are not vocal and animated on the field doesn't mean they don't have intense desire to win.