Nepal has secured ODI status!!!

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Not UAE who were higher placed to gain ODI status  and are members of ACC ?

Teams like UAE don’t deserve a odi status ....also from what I know and someone can correct me If I am wrong but  Arab countries don’t grant citizenship to people even if they are born there.

I know UK is similar but they have other “paths to citizenship” 

However UAE might be a little different as you can only be a citizen based on ethinicity or having the Arab blood

so teams like UAE just make up numbers with expats.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Teams like UAE don’t deserve a odi status ....also from what I know and someone can correct me If I am wrong but  Arab countries don’t grant citizenship to people even if they are born there.

I know UK is similar but they have other “paths to citizenship” 

However UAE might be a little different as you can only be a citizen based on ethinicity or having the Arab blood

so teams like UAE just make up numbers with expats.

No idea on citizenship. Do they break the rules on residency according to ICC rules?

I have no idea either the birth place of every UAE player but i do know 59% of the population are Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi

Just now, Zero_Unit said:

Who the F cares about Team UAE? Full of PAk/Ind players. Nepal has homegrown players and are very serious about their cricket. No one really cares for cricket in UAE honestly. 

Any player who is born in UAE from Pakistan/ Indian/ Bangladesh origin should not play for UAE ?

Whether you like it or not they have achieved ODI status in a higher place than Nepal 

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Any player who is born in UAE from Pakistan/ Indian/ Bangladesh origin should not play for UAE ?

Whether you like it or not they have achieved ODI status in a higher place than Nepal 

No one is denying them to play for UAE if they are born there but seriously, how many of them that are currently representing the team is born or even a citizen there? The only reason UAE is doing better than Nepal is cause most of these guys have a good foundation of cricket from back home where cricket is established and thrives. Teams like nepal are building their own home grown players. So for me to support UAE would take more than their higher ODI status. We already have Team India, Pakistan, Bangladesh to look upto. I personally have no interest and need for IND/PAK/BD 2.0 with lesser tallent. Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

No one is denying them to play for UAE if they are born there but seriously, how many of them that are currently representing the team is born or even a citizen there? The only reason UAE is doing better than Nepal is cause most of these guys have a good foundation of cricket from back home where cricket is established and thrives. Teams like nepal are building their own home grown players. So for me to support UAE would take more than their higher ODI status. We already have Team India, Pakistan, Bangladesh to look upto. I personally have no interest and need for IND/PAK/BD 2.0 with lesser tallent. Just saying. 

So far found 9 born in UAE in the squad .

I understand you .....kids in UAE are not allowed to look upto Team UAE and play cricket  because people in India don't want to lookup to them . 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

So far found 9 born in UAE in the squad .

I understand you .....kids in UAE are not allowed to look upto Team UAE and play cricket  because people in India don't want to lookup to them . 

Bro come back and argue when you start making some sense. I want you to actually quote me on where I stated kids are not allowed to look upto team UAE and play cricket. You are putting words into my mouth right now. If anything, i'll just assume you didn't read sh*t that I wrote. You started all this nonsense because I wanted Nepal in Asia cup? Did you forget that UAE played aswell? If anything, seems like you have a hate for team Nepal. Stop your nagging and go away if you have no proper argument to provide which is fundemantal part of a discussion and not accuse people of wtv you feel like. 

3 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Bro come back and argue when you start making some sense. I want you to actually quote me on where I stated kids are not allowed to look upto team UAE and play cricket. You are putting words into my mouth right now. If anything, i'll just assume you didn't read sh*t that I wrote. You started all this nonsense because I wanted Nepal in Asia cup? Did you forget that UAE played aswell? If anything, seems like you have a hate for team Nepal. Stop your nagging and go away if you have no proper argument to provide which is fundemantal part of a discussion and not accuse people of wtv you feel like. 

Show me where I said I didn't think Nepal should play in Asia cup or I have a hate for Nepal?

" We already have Team India, Pakistan, Bangladesh to look upto".....who exactly  is we? Only ones that matter to look upto UAE is the people in UAE .

14 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

FYI as well, The ACC is a subordinate to the ICC , it's a regional body .

The Asian Cup can not invite only one ACC member with ODI status and not the other .

Either both of none and I am very happy for both to play in it :bow:

20 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Show me where I said I didn't think Nepal should play in Asia cup or I have a hate for Nepal?

" We already have Team India, Pakistan, Bangladesh to look upto".....who exactly  is we? Only ones that matter to look upto UAE is the people in UAE .

Once again, you failed to do what I asked you do. Neither did I say don't invite UEA. All I said was nepal should be in and you came up with why not UAE etc blabla. Try again. So i'll tell this as politely as possible, if you can't come up with a good argument, don't bother getting into a discussion. 

8 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Once again, you failed to do what I asked you do. Neither did I say don't invite UEA. All I said was nepal should be in and you came up with why not UAE etc blabla. Try again. So i'll tell this as politely as possible, if you can't come up with a good argument, don't bother getting into a discussion. 

I asked you politely not UAE too and your response was who the F cares about UAE 

Says it all 

Now if you can't answer a simple question I will politely tell you go play with your toys and leave real cricket to cricket people