What is your test squad for the England series in August?

We're next playing a test vs Afghanistan in June and then it's an all important away tour to England.

This time we'll play the LOIs before the tests.This time we should do well if we select the right players

and play to our potential.It's a 5 match test series and a good result will really mean a lot.

This is my First XI:-

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli (C)

Rahane

Karthik (Wk)

Ashwin

Pandya

BK

Shami (If he's clear to play at that time)

Bumrah

Reserves:- Dhawan,Vihari,Jadeja,Saha,Ishant,Umesh.

I'd pick Shankar in England if there is an extra spot in the squad.

I've picked Karthik for his superior batting ability.He opened for India in 2007 along with Jaffer

and did well in that series which we eventually won 1-0.Parthiv is poor as a keeper so Saha is my

back up.If Shami is not picked for all these shyte going on I'd pick Saini in the squad.Vihari with

his Smithesque performances in the domestic circuit should be picked over useless Rohit in tests.

Edited by ShebbySB
1 hour ago, ShebbySB said:

We're next playing a test vs Afghanistan in June and then it's an all important away tour to England.

This time we'll play the LOIs before the tests.This time we should do well if we select the right players

and play to our potential.It's a 5 match test series and a good result will really mean a lot.

This is my First XI:-

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli (C)

Rahane

Karthik (Wk)

Ashwin

Pandya

BK

Shami (If he's clear to play at that time)

Bumrah

Reserves:- Dhawan,Vihari,Jadeja,Saha,Ishant,Umesh.

I'd pick Shankar in England if there is an extra spot in the squad.

I've picked Karthik for his superior batting ability.He opened for India in 2007 along with Jaffer

and did well in that series which we eventually won 1-0.Parthiv is poor as a keeper so Saha is my

back up.If Shami is not picked for all these shyte going on I'd pick Saini in the squad.Vihari with

his Smithesque performances in the domestic circuit should be picked over useless Rohit in tests.

i would drop Murli Vijay as i dont like his batsmanship Style and play KL Rahul and Dhawan as Openers...they are future and not Vijay.

1.KL rahul

2.dhawan

3.kohli 

4.rahane

5. Parthiv or Karthik ..though i trust parthiv's batting and in the last test he kept also well so i would prefer Parthiv.

The Only Spinner to be in the 11 will be Kuldeep or may be CHAHAL also so I may fly both for both tests and Odi.

Among all rounders i would fly Hardik only for tests and ODI's ..t20 shankar can play.

6. Shreyas Iyer,7. Hanuma Vihari ,8. Manish Pandey are the best batsman after KOHLI /rahul/rahane /dhawan so i may be tempted to pick all three. i will never pick Rohit for TESTS and even drop Murli VIJAY.

Pacers..i will pick Bumrah,BHuvi,Umesh,Ishant ,Khaleel ahead of Saini as test Pacer as he is a left arm pacer and is seriously fast,possibly faster than Saini. if there is an Option of Picking a Sixth Pacer than I may Pick SAINI..

Shammi's Life is in a BIG MESS now...if he is picked , he wont do well so better he is not Picked.

for me one spinner that is chahal is enuf and possibly 6 Pacers and if there is place for second spinner than chahal and kuldeep both.

Saha does not seem to be a suitable batsman both parthiv and karthik are way better and in swing friendly england , it could be very difficult , i think parthiv has good chances.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i would drop Murli Vijay as i dont like his batsmanship Style and play KL Rahul and Dhawan as Openers...they are future and not Vijay.

1.KL rahul

2.dhawan

3.kohli 

4.rahane

5. Parthiv or Karthik ..though i trust parthiv's batting and in the last test he kept also well so i would prefer Parthiv.

The Only Spinner to be in the 11 will be Kuldeep or may be CHAHAL also so I may fly both for both tests and Odi.

Among all rounders i would fly Hardik only for tests and ODI's ..t20 shankar can play.

6. Shreyas Iyer,7. Hanuma Vihari ,8. Manish Pandey are the best batsman after KOHLI /rahul/rahane /dhawan so i may be tempted to pick all three. i will never pick Rohit for TESTS and even drop Murli VIJAY.

Pacers..i will pick Bumrah,BHuvi,Umesh,Ishant ,Khaleel ahead of Saini as test Pacer as he is a left arm pacer and is seriously fast,possibly faster than Saini. if there is an Option of Picking a Sixth Pacer than I may Pick SAINI..

Shammi's Life is in a BIG MESS now...if he is picked , he wont do well so better he is not Picked.

for me one spinner that is chahal is enuf and possibly 6 Pacers and if there is place for second spinner than chahal and kuldeep both.

Saha does not seem to be a suitable batsman both parthiv and karthik are way better and in swing friendly england , it could be very difficult , i think parthiv has good chances.

Iyer is a pure hack with the bat same goes with Manish Pandey.They are good for LOIs.Should not be considered for tests right now.Vihari is the best possible option right now to replace Rohit.

Edited by ShebbySB
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He was in the last 2 tests in SA 

yeah .. i doubt whther our management will stick with him..

he is as poor or worse than dhawan .. considering dhwans form i am sure our managment will bring him back :p:

Edited by velu

The way he has been bowling and the skills that he is showing at this young age, he is already doing things Zak sis at his peak and at faster pace, Khalil Ahmed could be a star, saw this guys bowling at genuine pace around 140 to 146 k and moving the ball ,bowling both lengths comfortably, duoler, short of good n has a good short one, moves the ball and also saw him bowling around the wkt n taking the ball away n i have rarely seen one or two bowkers in the past do this, this kid should be in the squad .

My squad

Vijay

Rahul

Mayank

Virat

Pujara

Rahane

Kartik

Shankar

Pandya

Ashwin

K yadav

Bk

Umesh

Aaron

Ishant

Khalil

Shami should be given time, he would not be mentally fit to play based on his problems, let him be cleared .

Vijay

Prithvi/Mayank

KL Rahul

Kohli

Rahane

Vijay Shankar

Saha

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Saini/Shami

-Pujara is below average outside Asia

-Shankar is more solid choice than blue hair boy, he can bowl few overs in middle to make sure pacers get rest. 

-Ashwin is not going to get wickets in England, Kuldeep will do much better than him. 

3 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Vijay

Prithvi/Mayank

KL Rahul

Kohli

Rahane

Vijay Shankar

Saha

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Saini/Shami

-Pujara is below average outside Asia

-Shankar is more solid choice than blue hair boy, he can bowl few overs in middle to make sure pacers get rest. 

-Ashwin is not going to get wickets in England, Kuldeep will do much better than him. 

Pandya has been great for India . Joke leaving him out 

pandya v stokes . Box office