in DK I still dont trust !

I am a massive DK fan , still maintain that hes easily the most talented bat we have produced in years and our won Mr 360 , arguably the biggest underachiever . 

That said todays innings was tailor made for him , short with only ~30 to get with little chance to choke . I have seen him do this very often in IPL , I think the season he played for DD few years back he did this pretty regularly playing blinders . The mental aspects could really get tested if he has to play a longer innings . 

I will be happy to be proven wrong here , may be this innings will give him the confidence and could be a turn around  , but am not getting my hopes very high as yet .

No matter. 

He delivered in what has to be one of the most clutch moments in a series.  Never mind it was an inconsequential trophy.

Whereas others around him folded, he stood tall and proud.

DK deserves an extended run from here on.  In ODIs and T20s at least.

Sorry Dhoni, you were and will be an all time favourite of mine.  But how I can argue against DK a slot in the national team is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

His concentration lapses have reduced now.YOu can see in domestic matches where he scores more centuries than ever before.

IIRC last time he came into the indian side he was in very good domestic/IPL form ( did he hit a 200 then ? )  . its when he plays for india he completely loses it , I would need to see a few big 50s at least before thinking hes changed . 

37 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

IIRC last time he came into the indian side he was in very good domestic/IPL form ( did he hit a 200 then ? )  . its when he plays for india he completely loses it , I would need to see a few big 50s at least before thinking hes changed . 

The amount chances Rohit got and what he is today. You have to think positive.

9 minutes ago, velu said:

he is a different player after amrring dP :phehe: 

Jokes apart something is diff about him after his second marriage. Top atheletes often have different methods to get mental conditioning but nothing beats a wife in keeping a man grounded. To see what he must have gone through and where he is now is great.

Edited by Vilander
3 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

To his credit, he's done really well in domestic cricket this season. He was in good form leading up to the Nidahas Trophy and in the few chances he got, he did nothing wrong. I'm not sure if he's a long-term solution to the middle order problem but I wouldn't be against him replacing Pandey or Jadhav in the ODI team as well.

Why do people keep on bringing up that he is not a long term solution. Dhoni is 35 and no one complaints. DK has good 3years in him and if he keeps on performing it would be hypocritical to question his place in the team. 

Look at his physique. He is nimble and has zero body fat.

Do not listen to the experts and sportswriters. Look at the body of work he has and go from there.

If anyone honestly thinks that any batsman could have done better than him today is being delusional and nothing more.

44 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Then you have to face @Khota bhai's anger..

Even after today if someone second guesses DK it is best not to respond to them. Haters.

I have never been angry, just frustrated by the favoritism shown to others.

Even today if Kohli says that Dhoni is the best then what are we supposed to do?

Edited by Khota

He is still one of the few in our line up who can smash genuine fast bowlers in death. I remember him Smashing Shaun Tait at full tilt over long for a big six.  Pandya can smash spinners for gigantic sixes. He is still not the same like Yuvraj or Dhoni when it comes to smashing seamers. Dhoni is past by sell date. Yuvraj isnot with us. Raina is also not the same. We have  very little options to hit seamers in the death if there is no Kohli, Rohit not staying around.