in DK I still dont trust !

7 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I meant keeper batsman.

We have to lower our expectations. Nowadays we don't pick keepers from first class. Probably Saha is the last one. We look at IPL, under 19 etc where keeping for long periods doesn't often get tested. Pant, Samson all these keepers we talk about became known to us through their T20 exploits. I have a gut feeling Kohli will kick him out sooner than we think.

2 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

I think out of all the options we have, he is still our best wk for 2019.Dhoni is past his best and Pant has shown he is an overrated hack.Samson's keeping is a question mark and Ishan Kishan is not international class yet.

You tell one mistake Dhoni did as a keeper

14 hours ago, Vilander said:

Jokes apart something is diff about him after his second marriage. Top atheletes often have different methods to get mental conditioning but nothing beats a wife in keeping a man grounded. To see what he must have gone through and where he is now is great.

Actually this could be the case . What am saying is , I dont really see any difference in his batting , he always had the skills and its difficult for me to believe from being a batsmen who for years had got out to soft dismissals has turned it around cos of this one innings like I explained the innnings was too short for him to screw up, if hes actually changed I dont think its domestic cricket infact for a 32 year old whos played for India domestic cricket can be very demotivating , but a positive big change in personal life can a be trigger . 

5 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Looks like you haven't been on this forum very long. :hysterical:

Anyway, everyone expects Dhoni to retire next year.

Very few if any complained about Dhoni. Either he needs to step up his game or step out.

1st of all hats of to DK for that innings n that boot camp story ...,hope really it has turn around his mental issues and if it has please send uthappa to 

2nd - even i dnt trust in DK, coz he has been poor for so many years and we shudnt jump the gun so soon. 

As of now he has earned his spot in every format and he will keep getting his chances and his future will be decided on how he performs in those chances. 

44 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

I want to use him as the opener with dhawan

Iam thinking these days... For the next T20 game..

Dhawan

DK

VK

---

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Pant

---

Washington

Chahal/Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Opening is the best spot for mentally weak players , DK is capable of giving is very good starts . I like the idea of such batsmen opening , but popular belief is that we need an "anchor" to play out the 20 overs and get us past par totals . 

On 3/20/2018 at 9:51 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2nd - even i dnt trust in DK, coz he has been poor for so many years and we shudnt jump the gun so soon. 

As of now he has earned his spot in every format and he will keep getting his chances and his future will be decided on how he performs in those chances. 

test - blew his chances. good bye ....tata

Odi- not good not bad, dhoni failure is keeping him....pant is not getting chance 

t20 - he has earned his spot

3 hours ago, velu said:

his 30 odd runs are good enough in t20s ..

always good for a cameo

Give him 10 ODIs in number 4 or 5. How can he perform when he knows he is always competing with somebody for a spot and expectation is to perform in every match.

Kohli, Rohit and shikar never had to face that scenario. It must be terrible for the middle order . And on top of it they get chances to bat once in 3 matches in crisis situation . It's not easy.