Ahahahahaha - Lets take a moment and laugh at Bangladesh

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Give credit where its due. Bangladesh should not be any bigger than our own Uttar pradesh, yet it is trying to compete. They still have some very respect worthy players. Lets focus on the positives. Cricket is vanishing from all parts. WI is declining, so in a time like this, its refreshing to see that a nation is emerging which is absolutely crazy about cricket.  We need a few more nations like BD with such fans for cricket to survive.... Look at the bigger picture.

Obviously, better behaviour and respect would be helpful. But you cant get them all!

this applies to every other country that plays it more. Pak and BD are the biggest countries playing cricket after India, BD obviously is tiny in resources so its still a small country. So outside of Ind and Pak no big countries in cricket.  Eng is obviously middle in size and is a fully development nation, others are just small.

Edited by Vilander
8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Give credit where its due. Bangladesh should not be any bigger than our own Uttar pradesh, yet it is trying to compete. They still have some very respect worthy players. Lets focus on the positives. Cricket is vanishing from all parts. WI is declining, so in a time like this, its refreshing to see that a nation is emerging which is absolutely crazy about cricket.  We need a few more nations like BD with such fans for cricket to survive.... Look at the bigger picture.

Obviously, better behaviour and respect would be helpful. But you cant get them all!

If I am not wrong, many of BD players come from Dhaka or surrounding areas .... In SL too, iirc, the talent pool revolves around Colombo area

11 hours ago, broken_wings said:

So, as per your argument, since BD has not won anything to mention, BD fans have no rights to be proud of their team ? BD fans have no rights to answer back when someone mocks their players ? BD fans don't have rights to hate others who hate them even more ?

Mind you, fans are fans, does not matter how much trophies your team win or not. They will always support their team and show as much hate as other teams/fans show towards them. Specially since BD has started playing well for last 3-4 years, the fan will be cheerful and bit arrogant sometimes, but they will also get matured over the time. I am sure you won't see them react the same way after 10-12 years. Every fan following has that time phrase.

Seriously?  How are you able to take a clear case of BD players acting like classless jerks, and turn it into a question of "pride"? If an Indian team behaved the way BD did, I would be ashamed of them and roundly criticize them.  I wouldn't be going around justifying shitty behavior.  

And no, sorry, your claim that other teams did this - does not ring true.  When India were relatively weak and started winning in the 1970s and 80s, or even Sri Lanka in the 1990s - they did not behave like this.   Even Pakistan did not sink to this level of stupidity and baseless jerkiness.   

You have to be seriously blind not to recognize why Lankan fans - historically motivated to root against India - they share the same big brother complex and hostility towards India that BD fans have - resorted to rooting for India over rooting for an underdog.   The provocation was there.  And for a reasonably articulate and mature fan like you, to completely have a blind spot for that, is quite unfortunate.  I guess 'national pride' can blind you to the mistakes of "your boys".  

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You have to be seriously blind not to recognize why Lankan fans - historically motivated to root against India - they share the same big brother complex and hostility towards India that BD fans have - resorted to rooting for India over rooting for an underdog.   The provocation was there.  And for a reasonably articulate and mature fan like you, to completely have a blind spot for that, is quite unfortunate.  I guess 'national pride' can blind you to the mistakes of "your boys".

this is just so well put. Very good articulation.

11 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

LMFAOOO!! Bro which forum did you find this in? I want to go and read the comments :phehe:

Man when Afg gets a bit better, will their fans become as looney as these guys? Jezz

Afghans have way too much class to stoop to this level, I haven't seen their fans but their cricketers are by far very level headed and well behaved. Even Bermuda has more self respect/dignity despite being an associate side.

12 hours ago, broken_wings said:

I can't find any difference between arrogant indian fans and arrogant bd fans. They both are the same. Only difference is Indian fans have been mocking others for ages and now BD fans have just started.

Cant find difference...?????

Confirmed.. ur a brainless fellow...

Edited by TheWall
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

So you say they are in error when they show hostility towards India but are not in error when they show the same towards BD? Okay then..

And what provocation?

We beat them fair and square even after the umpire favoured them (won't go as far as to say intentionally but incompetently and unprofessionally for sure) with those no-ball calls in the last over of that "semi-final"- if they were fair and had real sportsmanship, they'd have accepted that!

Shakib threatened to forfeit so that the issue of inconsistent umpiring against Bangladesh comes to the fore. He had the right cause at heart but of course could've gone about it in a more gamely fashion (he himself has accepted that) - but even still nothing against Sri Lanka there, they just happened to be the opposition in that game!

Nurul got in Thisara's face (although somewhat un-street-wisely) because Thisara was abusing him and Nurul also got pushed by Tharanga (read the latest Cricinfo article). I'm surprised to see no action on this by ICC!

Also a tight game like that of course you're gonna celebrate a bit wildly after you win (I personally wouldn't have but that's just me and my own way of doing things) - especially after the SL players and also the whole SL stadium were imitating it during the match the whole time!

If you can't take it, why dish out?

Edited by van_Anzah
10 minutes ago, van_Anzah said:

So you say they are in error when they show hostility towards India but are not in error when they show the same towards BD? Okay then..

Where did you get this nonsense from?  I think you have completely failed to understand my point about SL fans.  Maybe read again, a bit slowly, and try to understand.

Also a tight game like that of course you're gonna celebrate a bit wildly after you win 

There's a difference between celebrating, and celebrating in a nasty way that is de-meaning to the opposition.  Its called class.   Nobody would have any problems if BD players celebrated without acting like entitled twats.   Their snek antics after the SL game, with Mahsud etc - utterly lacked class.   

BD players behavior while celebrating was like this guy's.  And just like him, the end result was a lesson on Karma.  

Edited by sandeep
1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Afghans have way too much class to stoop to this level, I haven't seen their fans but their cricketers are by far very level headed and well behaved. Even Bermuda has more self respect/dignity despite being an associate side.

I donno how many AFG matches you have watched or followed, but that is far from true. Ask any irish cricket fan, they will tell you a different story all together about some of the Afgan players.

4 minutes ago, CalcuttaNightReader said:

so my opinions means i am a bong bro now? how am i defending bangladesh? what nice thing i have said about them? Do you have proof? 

lol proof :hehe: you are an open book, stop preaching and pretending to be Indian

3 hours ago, CalcuttaNightReader said:

so my opinions means i am a bong bro now? how am i defending bangladesh? what nice thing i have said about them? Do you have proof? 

Well if you put it that way ...India has a lot more mainstream role models to make up for how a few rabid cricket fans behav. Now as far as cricketers go are you saying Indian team or players across the board behave the same way like the Bangladeshi cricketers?

The only famous Bangladeshi icons if you can call them that known to Subcontinent fans are their cricketers...the other one I know is Talisma Nasreen and we know what happened there....so there seems to be not a single redeeming quality from Bangladeshis across the board whatsoever that I am aware of.

Dare I say we even hear some sane Pakistanis from time to time but Bangladesh has literally become a different animal altogether.

27 minutes ago, CalcuttaNightReader said:

ok you are somewhat right about that. But who are Pakistani role models? Even our role models are bollywood actors and they are not popular outside of South Asia.

Lol Bollywood actors :laugh: that’s what you can think of?...Well for starters CEOs of huge corporations and historical figures etc etc ....proof you are a boneheaded Bangladeshi Anyways 

3 minutes ago, CalcuttaNightReader said:

i don't have to prove my nationality to u. Nor do I have to put down another country to prove my national pride. 

CEOs are not as famous as cricketers or actors. You keep saying it's ok for us to behave like that because we have good role models. So which role model makes it ok?

It doesn’t matter what your nationality is because your problem seems clinical retardedness

Did you even understand what I said?

A rabid online troll doesn’t reflect the way a society is for example I don’t think all Bangladeshis are numbskulls based on this conversation. however the Bangladeshi cricketers are the most obnoxious bunch case in point they managed to turn fans of an entire neutral country which

1.traditionally is anti-Indian based on political issues as well as some cricketing rivalry

2. A neutral country always supports the underdog which clearly wasn’t the case here Lol they absolutely had total disdain for Bangladeshi cricketers, I don’t think even Pakistani cricketers get such reception in India :laugh: 

Do the math....why are you preaching about Indian fans here anyways? The problem was some Bangladeshi idiot saying how he takes pride in everyone hating him