Demerit points and Bans for acting out

Since the tournament is over, thought why not get into a discussion about this. I saw the last 4-5 overs between BD V SL. Shakib acted like a tiger, that other guy (i really don't know his name - sub fielder) was pointing fingers at Tishara. Tishara pushed him aswell. Even after the game was over, fingers flying around, chatters did not stop. It was a whole Sh*t Storm from both team. So all in all, 1 demirit point and 25% match fee for Shakib and co.

Now let's look at SA V Aus series. Rabada (intentionally or unintentionally) rubs shoulder - more like Tshirt - with Smith after getting him out and bam, a ban imposed.

Personally, I feel like SL V BAN quarrel was more intense compared to Rabada V Smith. Do you think Rabada deserved the ban? If yes then why leave Shakib and Co, even Tishara P for pushing opposition players? ICC should be questioned here. 

First of all, you need to know the whole context to ask that question. Match referee did not give only 1 demerit point ans 25% match fee for no reason.

Match referee understood that the reaction from BD players were due to umpire's cancellation of no ball call. SL players charged leg umpire when he gave no ball signal and then main umpire discussed with leg umpire to cancel it. Riyad then oppose umpire's decision. In the mean time, sub fielder entered the ground to talk with riyad and then few SL players asked that sub fielder to go out of the field and they pushed him. Then the sub fielder got angry and got into argument.

Seeing all these happening from outside, Shakib got angry and he started asking the 4th umpire about the no ball call and pushing of that sub fielder. He then asked the players to come out of the field.  Well, you won't know this story since no one would publish this in your media or even in international media. You will only see that sub fielder pointing his finger towards SL player and Shakib's argument with 4th umpire.

I am rather shocked to see no SL players were penalized and umpires got away too with their biased decisions.

1 minute ago, broken_wings said:

First of all, you need to know the whole context to ask that question. Match referee did not give only 1 demerit point ans 25% match fee for no reason.

Match referee understood that the reaction from BD players were due to umpire's cancellation of no ball call. SL players charged leg umpire when he gave no ball signal and then main umpire discussed with leg umpire to cancel it. Riyad then oppose umpire's decision. In the mean time, sub fielder entered the ground to talk with riyad and then few SL players asked that sub fielder to go out of the field and they pushed him. Then the sub fielder got angry and got into argument.

Seeing all these happening from outside, Shakib got angry and he started asking the 4th umpire about the no ball call and pushing of that sub fielder. He then asked the players to come out of the field.  Well, you won't know this story since no one would publish this in your media or even in international media. You will only see that sub fielder pointing his finger towards SL player and Shakib's argument with 4th umpire.

I am rather shocked to see no SL players were penalized and umpires got away too with their biased decisions.

You missed the point here. I saw why he acted out. Am not saying he should not have, hell I would be pissed as hell if umpires, who are placed on the field to impose proper laws are not doing their jobs. 2 bouncers in one over is a no no in T20. Incompetent umpires did not do their jobs hence the players all lost their cool. This post wasn't to take a dig at bangladesh players, its more to do with how inconsistent ICC themselves are at punishing players.

Ok so let's put the bangladesh players aside, let's take Perara as an example. He physically pushed a player from the opposition team, which made the argument continue. He didn't get any sort of punishment from what I have read.

So coming back to Rabada, for such a small thing he gets banned but where as shouting at each others face, pushing each other and fine and a demirit point/ no punishment. Do you think that is fair?

1 minute ago, Zero_Unit said:

You missed the point here. I saw why he acted out. Am not saying he should not have, hell I would be pissed as hell if umpires, who are placed on the field to impose proper laws are not doing their jobs. 2 bouncers in one over is a no no in T20. Incompetent umpires did not do their jobs hence the players all lost their cool. This post wasn't to take a dig at bangladesh players, its more to do with how inconsistent ICC themselves are at punishing players.

Ok so let's put the bangladesh players aside, let's take Perara as an example. He physically pushed a player from the opposition team, which made the argument continue. He didn't get any sort of punishment from what I have read.

So coming back to Rabada, for such a small thing he gets banned but where as shouting at each others face, pushing each other and fine and a demirit point/ no punishment. Do you think that is fair?

Agreed. In Rabada's case, he was unfairly punished. He does not deserve that severe punishment. However, life is not fair anyway.

I am sure he wouldn't get the same punishment if he had played against Bangladesh or less country.

Rabada was not banned for his action in that match. He had been collecting demerit  points and finally collected enough for a ban .

I think that s quite fair. It gives the player enough warning and time .

Infact if he was smart,he should have known that any more points would result in a ban.

Shakibs points are also collecting. Some day he will also have to collect his punishment.

9 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

When was Rabada banned for small thing? That hasn't happened yet.