Where would you put KKD's last ball six among India's last over wins.

I have seen quiet a lot of last over heroics by Indian batsmen in the limited overs over the years. ODI/T20. Where would you place it.

My most memorables are

1) Kanitkar hitting winning runs against Saqlain at Dhaka. He only made 12 runs. But he was toast of our nation. That was one of the best  ODI i had ever seen. 

2)  This is another match

Eranga to Dhoni, SIX, five needed! Dhoni does it again! Is there anything he can't do! He slaps the length delivery over extra cover for another six! India take the title with one wicket
Eranga to Dhoni, FOUR, and now he finds a boundary over point! Dhoni is awake, he was not sleeping, he was waiting for his moment. Length delivery, he opens the face of the bat as he goes after it, slices it over point...
Eranga to Dhoni, SIX, that has gone out of the ground! It was wide and full and in Dhoni's arc! He has sent this straight over the bowler's head and it hits the top of the roof... What a hit! Another couple and it's game over.. A wicket, and it's game over too
Eranga to Dhoni, no run, fuller delivery wide outside off, Dhoni swings his bat but he is nowhere near the ball..

15 to get off the last over, Dhoni orders a new bat now. Rayudu and Vijay have brought a whole stack..

3)  Bhajjis six that sealed the final for us.

Mohammad Amir to Harbhajan Singh, SIX, Bhajjiiiiiiiii! He has absolutely smoked this one. Gets a length he can get under, and hits it with the sweetest part of the bat, over midwicket. HUGE. And he roars, removes the helmet and roars. As soon as he sees he has hit it clean, he looks towards third man, where Shoaib is, and roars. It is a primal roar, what a blinder from Bhajji, Akhtar makes a V sign, and looks away. The whole team runs out to congratulate Bhaj, Raina is the first to hug him. Spare a thought for Aamer, he bowled really well until now
Mohammad Amir to Kumar, 1 run, short ball, PK makes room, cuts in front of point, takes a single
Mohammad Amir to Kumar, 2 runs, Shaoib, what have you done? Is slow to come around from third man, fumbles also, gives them two when all they should have got is one

What. A. Finish. Has Bhajji been unsettled by that altercation with Shoaib? What a time for PK to come out

W
Mohammad Amir to Harbhajan Singh, OUT, desperation! desperation! Short ball, beats Harbhajan's swing, Raina wants a desperate bye, Akmal with the underarm throw gets him! Under pressure, Akmal has redeemed himself. Raina gave it his all, diving, nay flying full length, but was caught short by a frame

SK Raina run out 34 (47m 27b 2x4 2x6) SR: 125.92

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Eranga,Perera,Random Srilankan trundler  vs Dhoni -a greater love story than twilight :hatsoff:

Some Dhoni  matches i didn't include. Because we had opportunity to finish before 50th over but we dragged to 50th over. Yuvraj said he always tried to finish in 49th over or before. Why take chance. But Tony the superman always tried to take it to 50th over even when it was not needed. He did win some close matches. I will appreciate that. He inspired lot of batsmen to finish that way. I will hand it to him for that. But he always wanted to be have this "mass look" haha. So the last over finishes. 

3 minutes ago, Mosher said:

This match was in played in Pakistan right?

Yea. i had a doubt if it was finished in the last over. SO i didn't include. But that was a spectacular match. Because entire stadium was deafening prior to that ball. Setji Chauhan slog swept him for 6. Pin drop silence. You could literally drop a pin and you would hear that sound of pin touching the ground. Amazing moment for Indian fans because that was the first win for India in Pakistan ever in any format.

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I remember Dhoni dragging the chase to the last over and losing the match against a SLan  Trundler in WI tri series, I think. Post match he blamed it on all others and sundry.

moral of the story .. dhoni is still a human 

Most memorable was Kanitkar's 4 because of the amazing game it was.

Most impressive was Karthik's 6 (amazing cameo filled with proper shots).

Most intelligent was Dhoni's 6. His calculations and strategic thinking in that game was OUT OF THE WORLD. 

I am going to go with Dhoni's 6 (because of how he planned it all out).

Edited by sensible-indian

My problem is that I almost never remember our best wins (except 1983 and 2011).

But I remember our failures.

Apart from the above two examples,  ALL the blazing Indian wins have been deleted from my memory.

But Miandad's last ball six in Sharjah off Chetan Sharma has burrowed into my brain and probably had babies there.  :frown:

Edited by NameGoesHere