Nidahas Trophy 2018: Dinesh Karthik says he learnt the art of finishing from MS Dhoni !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Guys Dhoni much like sachin before him is inspiring several contemporaries no need to get worked up about this and bring in csk mi etc it looks ugly. I know you can do better.

@Khota @maniac

I have zero problem with Dhoni or any other player. My only problem is that there are 11 slots and if you get an opportunity to play take it seriously. Dhoni in my mind was inferior to Dinesh and that is what I was complaining about. If he does better than Dinesh than he can take his slot. No problem.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I have zero problem with Dhoni or any other player. My only problem is that there are 11 slots and if you get an opportunity to play take it seriously. Dhoni in my mind was inferior to Dinesh and that is what I was complaining about. If he does better than Dinesh than he can take his slot. No problem.

Ment to mark kira. Sorry man

1 hour ago, maniac said:

There is seriously something going on here...why does everyone have to throw Dhoni a bone.

MSD sucks with on field performances  we start hearing that he has been inspiring, he helps spinners take wickets, he does great splits and stumping WTF.

Since when has cricket not become about actually performing on the field.

As DK rightly said in his PC, He was playing every series like his last and this performance has just earned him a lifeline.

Rahul is dropped despite performing every single time...he is literally put in a spot to play for his spot every game.

Sundar won the MOS and there is no guarantee he will be in the starting line up next game.

All the rookies might never ever play for India.We won’t be surprised if that happens.

No guarantee that Pandey will continue or Raina.

How come Dhoni’s spot is unchallenged?

There is some possibility why does everyone suckup to him. I think probably kohli truely believes he was protected by dhoni could be that everyone is out of the two men group of Dhoni and Kohli..but as long as Dhoni performs as a good enough bat in odi he can play. Dk obviously for t20 and as a pure bat for odi. His keeping in odi should be seen and he could even be tried for tests if he is still available. May be there is 4 years in him that can still be used.

Or may be karthik is just hedging...if he does well this season for kkr and does say 2 to 3 years with them he might still get a last run with csk when dhoni ends that could workout well for him. He has lot to loose by not being in good books of dhoni it appears.

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Looks like this is our equivalent of  how Pakistani cricketers start every statement  with

“Allah tallah nein Bahut tailunt diya”  ....that’s the way they can survive in the country And diplomatic praise of MSD is their way of surviving in the team.

Also does Dhoni only teach or can he accomplish something himself? 

they say, Bismillahir Rahmani Rahim"

After 4 years time.....

“I guess it comes from experience. That can’t be bought. You learn it over the years – it’s important to stay calm. Karthik is a great example of that. You can see how calm he is, and you learn a lot of things from a lot of people, and one thing I’ve learned from Karthik is how he finishes.” -  Rishab Pant :cantstop:

11 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Dhoni producing match winners even when he is not playing. What an inspiration.

I don't remember last time anyone said they learnt how to win matches from Sachin b/c fact is Tendy was never a great match winner.

India's best match winners

ODI's - Kohli and Dhoni

T20 - Kohli

Tests - Ashwin / Kumble / Dravid

Only thing they can learn from sachin is tuk tuks.. Shankar could be a possible one but he needs to be guided before it's too late..

On side note pet doggy getting triggered by your post :phehe:  Love the way Sachin chamchas are burning..Mission pant failed..DK turned out to be his student. Who will they lick now ? :phehe:

Edited by Rasgulla

Dhoni is an inspirational player as a captain no doubt. He had his golden era of 2007-2014. After T20 WC lost 2014 he proved his era is over and immediately should have handed over captaincy to Virat. If so I believe India would have lifted WC 2015 and T20 WC 2016. Good side is India is producing good captains. Delaying hand over the captaincy by Dhoni will shorten the leading time of Rohit in the future. As example if Virat led the team till 2023WC if so I believe it will shorten the chances of Rohit with age limit. My idea is captains of any country should lead maximum of 5 years and should give opportunity to youngsters who were under them. Dhoni and Ponting are exceptional no doubt. but Ranatunga, Azarudin & Fleming are average though they led more than 8 years. 

10 hours ago, maniac said:

There is seriously something going on here...why does everyone have to throw Dhoni a bone.

MSD sucks with on field performances  we start hearing that he has been inspiring, he helps spinners take wickets, he does great splits and stumping WTF.

Since when has cricket not become about actually performing on the field.

As DK rightly said in his PC, He was playing every series like his last and this performance has just earned him a lifeline.

Rahul is dropped despite performing every single time...he is literally put in a spot to play for his spot every game.

Sundar won the MOS and there is no guarantee he will be in the starting line up next game.

All the rookies might never ever play for India.We won’t be surprised if that happens.

No guarantee that Pandey will continue or Raina.

How come Dhoni’s spot is unchallenged?

Wow you are actually comparing the likes of Sundar , KL etc with Dhoni ? 

We gave a free ride to a certain player to get to his 100th 100 , do you question back then ? 

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Only thing they can learn from sachin is tuk tuks.. Shankar could be a possible one but he needs to be guided before it's too late..

On side note pet doggy getting triggered by your post :phehe:  Love the way Sachin chamchas are burning..Mission pant failed..DK turned out to be his student. Who will they lick now ? :phehe:

Rohit sharma looks like learnt all his chasing skills from him .