How Islamic state segregated and killed 39 Indians

Vilander

Sad story of 39 Indians who died at the hands of islamic state and one lucky survivor who was helped by Bangladeshis and survived.

http://www.abplive.in/india-news/story-of-39-indians-killed-by-isis-in-mosul-as-told-by-two-bangladeshi-nationals-in-2014-671210

Strength to the families, prayers for the dead. 

This fellow is vindicated now.

At this point, one has to know the exact Religious Rulings, in order to understand the things in better way and in order to understand the risks involved for different communities. 

(1) ISIS in Iraq took Jizya (tax money) from the Christians and let them live. The Christian women were not made slaves. 

(2) But ISIS didn't take any Jizya (tax money) from the Yazidies of Iraq. They killed all the Yazidi men and took their women and children as slaves. 

(3) Quranic Ruling (Surah Taubah, verse 5 and 29) say that "only" the  "People of Book" (i.e. Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians) are allowed to pay the Jizya and live in Islamic State. 

While all other idol worshippers or atheists etc, are not even allowed to pay the Jizya. They either have to accept Islam, or they should be killed and their women and children should be taken as slaves. 

Prophet Muhammad and his companions followed this Quranic Ruling. Therefore, Christians/Jews existed in the Arabia, but no more any idol worshipper. 

(4) Then came Abbasid Caliphs and their official Mufti Imam Abu Hanifa. 

Imam Abu Hanifa gave a fatwa that killing of polytheists (idol worshippers) was limited to the time of Prophet Muhammad. So, the Abbasid Caliphs were allowed to not to kill the Hindus and other idol worshippers and they may take Jizya from them too (Note: Abbasid Caliphs saw no benefit in killing, but they wanted to make more money through Jizya). Some Abbasid caliphs also banned on the non Muslims to convert to Islam, while this way they were loosing a lot of Jizya money. 

(5) All the Muslims kings and sultans who invaded India, they followed the "fiqh" (jurisprudence) of Imam Abu Hanifa, and thus they were took the Jizya money from the Hindus and let them live. 

(6) But the Salafies of Saudi Arabia (and Ikhwan and ISIS and al-Qaeda) are the followers of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal, whose Fatwa is to kill all others except the for the people of the book. 

Even present day OFFICIAL grand Mufties of Saudi Arabia have this fatwa openly present at their websites (e.g. Islam Question Answers website and at the website of Bin Baz), where they are telling that Jizya is only allowed from the people of the book, while rest of the polytheists/atheists should be killed or they have to accept Islam in order to stay alive. 

(7) Saudi government may not be following this fatwa at moment due to the political pressure. 

The Saudi Official Mufties state in their other fatwas that the Islamic Government is allowed to postpone the carrying of such duties (i.e. killing of non Muslims and making them slave) till the time Islamic state is weak. But as soon as Islamic state becomes stronger, then it is obligatory to wage "Jihad" upon others and the institution of the slavery will automatically revive along with Jihad. 

(8) Islamic Iran also recognises and allows only the People of book to live as minorities. Although Iranian Mullahs are not able to kill other minorities today, but still their rights are very much limited. For example look at the Bahai'i faith followers in Iran. 

As compared to Bahai'is, the Christians and Jews are allowed openly to follow their religion and culture to large extent.. 

@Alam_dar I'm pretty sure Zoroastrians are not the people of the book, they are more related to polytheistic religions since they have a pantheon of gods and demons too.

Also I guess 95% of Zoroastrians are in India, 4.5% are in western countries and a very tiny fraction in Iran maybe.

Edited by MechEng

sickular dogs diverting the topic. What we should really be discussing is ROP and its incompatibility with humanity. What we have is political potshots. meh. I am already resigned to the fact that India is headed for a civil war. It's time for the centre to move the family jewels (i.e. ISRO, DAE etc) to the hindu parts of the country. 

Edited by surajmal

3 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

No. He is supposed to teach some lesson though. If the same had happened to American citizens, you think they would be sitting idly?

thats under RAW's domain, which has a habit of working silently. dont expect there to be a public acknowledgement of revenge, atleast from RAW

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

@Alam_dar I'm pretty sure Zoroastrians are not the people of the book, they are more related to polytheistic religions since they have a pantheon of gods and demons too.

Also I guess 95% of Zoroastrians are in India, 4.5% are in western countries and a very tiny fraction in Iran maybe.

According to Islamic Traditions, when Umar Ibn Khattab (the 2nd Caliph) conquered Iran, then he wanted to kill all the Majoos (Zoroastrians). But then other Sahaba (companions) testified that Prophet Muhammad treated Majoos as Ahle Kitab. After that Umar didn't kill the Majoos and took Jizya from them. Whole Muslim world is unanimous upon this incident. 

In fact few later coming Muslim Scholars even declared Hindus too as "People of Book" and RAM as a prophet of God. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_the_Book