Remember the date? 2003.03.23

Lala

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Tone was set in the first over itself, we were nervous and outplayed by aussies. 

Lala to you i suggest looking up schadenfreude 

Nahi yaar.....we were also sad. I cried whole day :bawling:

13 minutes ago, Lala said:

Nahi yaar.....we were also sad. I cried whole day :bawling:

I am sure you did like all the Indians cried one evening in 99 when aussies were lifting the same cup against a different opposition. Not till we won WC11 was i able to overcome the 99 lose. 

It was no big deal to spot the strength of the Aussie juggernaut and only the jingoists thought India had any sort of chance. 

I remember winning close to a dozen bets; for instance if I reminded the jingoists of the scary 160 kmph inswinger of Lee that got Atapattu in the semis, they would argue even Dinesh Mongia would smash that for a boundary :phehe:

Perfect conditions for that Australian team to be honest and they were mentally far tougher than we were. They just knew how to win while even some of our *Great* players were sometimes guilty of falling apart in finals. 

However, to the OP , this was nothing in comparison to the previous world cup when a much weaker Australian team bullied another Asian side in the final and made them look like minnows :)

It would have been an upset if we had beaten Aus. They were far superior and nobody expected India to win.

You cry when your team plays finals of world cup against a team they have beaten in group stages and then gets absolutely pummeled. E.g.1999 world cup.

yeah nice WC trashed pak which was very satisfying, Sachin/Sehwag taking apart Akthar and he being taken off after one over. India was like 58 or something in 5 overs that was pretty unheard of at that time. Zak/Nehra/Srinath bowled 140 + and were an awesome trio. 

Aus beat India twice,if i remember India score 121 in first game then 220 ? chasing 350 ? only Sehwag played, Sachin got out cheaply to mgrath.  Aus were clearly better team. 

Good memories. 

11 hours ago, Number said:

You cry when your team plays finals of world cup against a team they have beaten in group stages and then gets absolutely pummeled. E.g.1999 world cup.

Another example is CT 2017 :cantstop: 

You have many more examples but 1999 WC is irrelevant to this topic yaar. :cantstop:

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

India was like 58 or something in 5 overs that was pretty unheard of at that time. 

In First 15 overs power-play attacking trend was designed during 96 WC by Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana follwed by other countries likes of Gilly, Afridi, Sehwag,Gibbs, etc. It was not pretty unheard those days in 2003 because we have seen how Jayasuriya massacred the careers of Indian fast bowlers. If Im wrong, please just ask from Prabakar & Venki.:cantstop: