Varun aaron to play for Leicestershire CCC

Leicestershire CCC has announced that exciting India fast bowler Varun Aaron is joining for the early part of the 2018 season.

The 28-year-old has been regularly clocked at a speed of over 140kph and has represented India 18 times, including nine test matches and nine ODIs.

Aaron burst on to the international scene with a reputation for delivering quick spells and has claimed 126 first-class wickets at 32.80. He also has a very handy List A record having snared 66 victims at 26.30 apiece.

The strike bowler’s impressive experience includes various spells in the India Premier League and periods in England, both in test matches for India and in county cricket for Durham in 2014.

Leicestershire CCC Head Coach Paul Nixon said: “Varun is a high-quality performer and his skills will be ideally suited to early season conditions in England. We are delighted to secure his signature for both Specsavers County Championship games and fixtures in the Royal London One-Day Cup.

“We are getting a genuinely quick bowler in Varun, who has played a number of games for India and also enjoyed a fine domestic career. Varun is very keen to do well for us and get back in the India team again and we’re really looking forward to him linking up with us.”

Aaron will provide the Foxes with overseas cover for Pakistan international seamer Muhammad Abbas, as Sohail Khan is unavailable after picking up an injury recently.

Abbas has potential international commitments as Pakistan tour Ireland, England and Scotland in the early part of the season. Abbas is available for the opening Specsavers County Championship fixture against Sussex on Friday, April 20, and Aaron will take over in first-class and List A cricket until Abbas returns for the Specsavers County Championship match against Middlesex on Wednesday, June 20.

“I am relishing the opportunity to join the Foxes for the first part of the season. Playing county cricket presents me with a great opportunity to showcase my skills. I’m looking forward to taking wickets and contributing to the success of the team,” said Aaron.

Link - http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/2018/march/india-international-aaron-joins-foxes.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Mohammad Abbas will certainly be the one overseas bowler for Leics. Sohail in injured, so now Varun might actually make the playing 11. The Leics bowling is too weak and that will help Varun sneak in for sure imo. 

lol who the hell is abbas? the trundler ??:giggle: