Steve Smith Set to Lose Captaincy, Faces Year-long Ban: Report

Suhaan

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Do you think players think about punishment before doing something? If they did, they would not do such things.

Firstly it has to be meaningful or detrimental for someone to have a fear factor. The precedent is one match ban or so. So to answer your questions in this scenario i think players will not mind taking a chance.

I know we all hate australians and it serves them right for lecturing everyone else. I am surprised to say this never being one to support aussies but I think there is fair bit of over reaction going on. Yes this was stupid and you have to take your punishment with humility and get back to playing. 

All this nonsense about Australian pride being hurt is such a load of bull. Stupid bans and alienating your players is going to negatively affect the team and cricket. Everyone be honest and accept your fault and repent and get back to doing your jobs. 

If our players god forbid do such stupidity I just hope BCCI and the country backs them and helps and counsel them to improve their behavior. These are professional players who are trying to win at all costs. This is not like match fixing where you are betraying your fellow players and your country for personal gains. Punish them but help them to get back to playing and doing their best. 

Edited by CoverDrive
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Do you think players think about punishment before doing something? If they did, they would not do such things.

If punishment is severe they will certainly think. Currently white skin + lenient punishment on tampering encourages (Eng, SA, NZ and Aus player) to go for the adventure with only a minimal risk involved of getting caught or facing consequences.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Who comes in for Smith as captain in medium term?

George Bailey ? he is one guy who can be a face of integrity now, and earn some of that trust Aus lost.

... to the extent that we know.  Everybody was singing David Warner's "nice guy" praises - even on this board during IPL2017 - and he turned out to be a bloody cheat.  #Sugarcoat

Edited by Brainfade
1 hour ago, Brainfade said:

... to the extent that we know.  Everybody was singing David Warner's "nice guy" praises - even on this board during IPL2017 - and he turned out to be a bloody cheat.  #Sugarcoat

Come on man David Warner was never called a nice guy...lol and Darren Lehmann people are almost sure all around the world that he is the masterplanner here. Smith brainfade incident not withstanding and poor Bancroft are the ones that are shocking.

But Bailey from what has been seen sure looks a decent guy to lead he is their LOI captain right.

18 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

I know we all hate australians and it serves them right for lecturing everyone else. I am surprised to say this never being one to support aussies but I think there is fair bit of over reaction going on. Yes this was stupid and you have to take your punishment with humility and get back to playing. 

All this nonsense about Australian pride being hurt is such a load of bull. Stupid bans and alienating your players is going to negatively affect the team and cricket. Everyone be honest and accept your fault and repent and get back to doing your jobs. 

If our players god forbid do such stupidity I just hope BCCI and the country backs them and helps and counsel them to improve their behavior. These are professional players who are trying to win at all costs. This is not like match fixing where you are betraying your fellow players and your country for personal gains. Punish them but help them to get back to playing and doing their best. 

Hate is a strong word mate , I actually don't mind Australia but it's fun when they are at the receiving end of such stuffs ,they usually lecture others on fair and hard play lol.

Talking about the punishment and over reaction ,yes it is OTT  but that was expected the moment Smith acknowledged it was pre planned and the top leadership were on board,no team has ever acknowledged it in the open and hence the reactions weren't as big and also the backlash back at home as been of epic proportions.

It's not the icc or the other teams that have over exaggerated but it's the aussie team and their own fans,media that have brought it upon themselves ,good for them in the long term though!

2 hours ago, adi B said:

Hate is a strong word mate , I actually don't mind Australia but it's fun when they are at the receiving end of such stuffs ,they usually lecture others on fair and hard play lol.

Talking about the punishment and over reaction ,yes it is OTT  but that was expected the moment Smith acknowledged it was pre planned and the top leadership were on board,no team has ever acknowledged it in the open and hence the reactions weren't as big and also the backlash back at home as been of epic proportions.

It's not the icc or the other teams that have over exaggerated but it's the aussie team and their own fans,media that have brought it upon themselves ,good for them in the long term though!

Ball tampering is always pre-planned.  It does not happen in isolation.  When Pakistanis used to do it, they all knew they are doing it. Whole team knows it when such thing happens. Here too, i refuse to believe only these three players knew it and bowlers didn't.  You cannot do ball tampering without taking bowlers in confidence because they are ones who will use that ball.

Edited by rkt.india
Ball tampering is always pre-planned.  It does not happen in isolation.  When Pakistanis used to do it, they all knew they are doing it. Whole team knows it when such thing happens. Here too, i refuse to believe only these three players knew it and bowlers didn't.  You cannot do ball tampering without taking bowlers in confidence because they are once who will use that ball.
Steve Smith Has Only Himself to Blame.All He had to Do at Press Conferance Was to Say ICC Is Looking in to matter and Deny Everything Like Fap Du Plessis And Everybody who Caught Did.