Sutherland Press Conference - Lehman to remain coach, Maxwell, Burns and Renshaw to replace Warner, Smith and Bancroft. Paine captain

8 minutes ago, zen said:

The "investigation" appears to be more of a cover up job than one to get to the root cause and get the "pride" back

They bought Lehmann's silence by keeping him on as coach.  If they fired him, as deserved, he would be a pariah in cricket.  And would have no reason to stay quiet.  Then he would be free to blow up the cover story that it was "only 3 players", it was "only this one time" to smithereens.  

This is the same board which let Shane Warne and Mark Waugh scott free after match fixing allegations, this press conf confirms what we have known all along CA is not interested in fair play at all.All they are interested in protecting their assets and making money.

Integrity and honest and fair play are foreign words to them like they are for our padosi board.

Its clear that the entire team knew what was happening out their, including the coaching staff, the XI out in the field, the twelfth man, i wont be surprised if Sutherland went to Australia to do damage control and not with an intention of putting the cat in the bag. Sutherland behind closed doors ll be more like, "why the hell did you choose Bancroft for this job, and you Bancroft? why did you shove the tape down your pants? Lehmann, could you not have chosen a better material than a yellow tape, well how about a transparent plastic tape?? would it not have worked??  Thug Life hai boss.  

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Is ball tampering as big a crime as say match fixing? Forget hard ball cricket, I have not played competitive cricket at any level, but I would like to know from ICFers if ball tampering is really a major crime.

No it is not but these guys always acted as holier than  thou when Faf got caught he was not even trying to do 1/1000th of this mess.

The Australian way "play hard but fair" goes out of the window. This guy Sutherland trying to pull this nonsense and insulting our intelligence that these three players only acted on their own for bowlers is an outrageous lie.

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Is ball tampering as big a crime as say match fixing? Forget hard ball cricket, I have not played competitive cricket at any level, but I would like to know from ICFers if ball tampering is really a major crime.

its illegal per rule book, and the problem here is institutional tampering from a test captain and vice captain and potentially several team members and coach, making a rookie do it...reeks more than the actual crime. Say Smith got caught doing something to the ball, it would be just a ball tampering..but this is different with the whole leadership group being aware etc. 

20 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Yes if as in this case a foreign object was taken into the field , hidden by  the " ball manager " and have the  ability to change the condition of the ball.

To rub your nail along the seam is very very hard to lift it to any degree in the time you have on the field between balls/ overs and not look suspicious

Lehmann left out. You must be joking Cricket Australia!!
Was he singing lullabies to Handscomb over walkie-talkie?
Suddenly the world class bowling attack of Aussies didn't even had a clue during such a vital match?
And according to Smith in press conference, the leadership group consisted of only him & Warner & not even other senior player or anyone from the management.

Hard to believe. But Wunderbar:clap: