Sign in to follow this  
Trichromatic

Sutherland Press Conference - Lehman to remain coach, Maxwell, Burns and Renshaw to replace Warner, Smith and Bancroft. Paine captain

Investigation going on.

Final decision in 24 hours.

Only 3 players knew about plan - Smith, Warner and Bancroft.

Contrary to media reports, Lehman didn't know.

Lehman to remain coach.

Smith, Warner, and Bancroft will go back to Aus.

Maxwell, Renshaw, and  Joe Burns named replacements.

Paine appointed captain of Aus test team.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Investigation going on.

Final decision in 24 hours.

Contrary to media reports, Lehman didn't know.

Lehman to remain coach.

Smith, Warner, and Bancroft will go back to Aus.

Maxwell, Renshaw, and  Joe Burns named replacements.

Paine appointed captain of Aus test team.

Wait lehmann knew nothing :laugh1: didnt he inform on walkie talkie to substitute 

Didnt the bowlers knew who were holding the ball and for whom it was tampered  

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

:hysterical:

So leadership group only involved Warner and Smith. Isn't it a pair than a group. :biggrin:

Time for face saving after all drama of strict action, hurt sentiments etc.. etc...

Aussie fans be like:

ye-bik-gayi-hai-gormint-ye-bc-saare-milk

Edited by Pollack

Daal mein kuch kaala hain, something is black in the lentil soup.

They denied team involvement, they are lying. Clearly to save the billion dollar deal and broadcast rights this has been done.

Full on damage control from Cricket Australia.

James Sutherland has been CEO of Cricket Australia for nearly 20 years and should be held responsible for the mess Australian cricket find itself in.

Cricket Australia allowed subsequent Aussie teams to turn into a bunch of thugs as long as trophies were brought home.

Yes, I believe you Sutherland. Brain fade DRS was the first time Aussies tried to cheat the DRS system. Sandpaper gate was the first time Aussies tried to f@@k with the ball. Australian bowlers were taking  nap in the pavilion while Smith and Warner were planning this during the lunch break. Lehmann was singing lullabies to 12th man over walkie-talkie. The whole organization is corrupt to the core and whoever thinks Cricket Australia will investigate its own mess sincerely is living in la-la land.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

comman sense prevails among all accept sutherland, their must be an inquiry of the inquiry committee now 

Australia's identity is founded on sports, test cricket and Don Bradman are holy there. If the news of team involvement was confirmed it would tarnish it's image permenantley, this is done to save it's image and political relations.

what a ridiculous press conf and what cover up.If those two did not confess  this guy would have spun it totally different way.

So batsmen out of their own want to scuff up the ball for bowlers risking their careers without them or coachs knowing about it.

What does he think we are , he is worse than any Indian politician.

The other possibility is that Aussie players have some dirt on James Sutherland like his tacit approval for similar shenanigans in the past, and Sutherland himself would get thrown under the bus if more Aussie players get hurt by this.

8 minutes ago, zen said:

The "investigation" appears to be more of a cover up job than one to get to the root cause and get the "pride" back

They bought Lehmann's silence by keeping him on as coach.  If they fired him, as deserved, he would be a pariah in cricket.  And would have no reason to stay quiet.  Then he would be free to blow up the cover story that it was "only 3 players", it was "only this one time" to smithereens.  

This is the same board which let Shane Warne and Mark Waugh scott free after match fixing allegations, this press conf confirms what we have known all along CA is not interested in fair play at all.All they are interested in protecting their assets and making money.

Integrity and honest and fair play are foreign words to them like they are for our padosi board.

Its clear that the entire team knew what was happening out their, including the coaching staff, the XI out in the field, the twelfth man, i wont be surprised if Sutherland went to Australia to do damage control and not with an intention of putting the cat in the bag. Sutherland behind closed doors ll be more like, "why the hell did you choose Bancroft for this job, and you Bancroft? why did you shove the tape down your pants? Lehmann, could you not have chosen a better material than a yellow tape, well how about a transparent plastic tape?? would it not have worked??  Thug Life hai boss.  

Is ball tampering as big a crime as say match fixing? Forget hard ball cricket, I have not played competitive cricket at any level, but I would like to know from ICFers if ball tampering is really a major crime.

When share MoM awards and all the strategy planned to win a game, it is hard to believe that others were not in on this., esp Bowlers. All should be penalized by CA. ICC cannot get it into this as they will only charge what the umpires tell and what players admit to.

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Is ball tampering as big a crime as say match fixing? Forget hard ball cricket, I have not played competitive cricket at any level, but I would like to know from ICFers if ball tampering is really a major crime.

No it is not but these guys always acted as holier than  thou when Faf got caught he was not even trying to do 1/1000th of this mess.

The Australian way "play hard but fair" goes out of the window. This guy Sutherland trying to pull this nonsense and insulting our intelligence that these three players only acted on their own for bowlers is an outrageous lie.

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

its illegal per rule book, and the problem here is institutional tampering from a test captain and vice captain and potentially several team members and coach, making a rookie do it...reeks more than the actual crime. Say Smith got caught doing something to the ball, it would be just a ball tampering..but this is different with the whole leadership group being aware etc. 

20 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Yes if as in this case a foreign object was taken into the field , hidden by  the " ball manager " and have the  ability to change the condition of the ball.

To rub your nail along the seam is very very hard to lift it to any degree in the time you have on the field between balls/ overs and not look suspicious

Lehmann left out. You must be joking Cricket Australia!!
Was he singing lullabies to Handscomb over walkie-talkie?
Suddenly the world class bowling attack of Aussies didn't even had a clue during such a vital match?
And according to Smith in press conference, the leadership group consisted of only him & Warner & not even other senior player or anyone from the management.

Hard to believe. But Wunderbar:clap:

Cant bowlers notice some kind of change in the ball while bowling? Obviously they can..And I can say that every single player did know about it..Although not everyone might be in the favour of tampering but not oposing it is itself an encouragement.

31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

its illegal per rule book, and the problem here is institutional tampering from a test captain and vice captain and potentially several team members and coach, making a rookie do it...reeks more than the actual crime. Say Smith got caught doing something to the ball, it would be just a ball tampering..but this is different with the whole leadership group being aware etc. 

Yep, it's also context.  They got caught red-handed breaking the DRS rule and made some lame "brainfade" excuses this time last year.  And now this.  Serial cheats, if you ask me.  

Any bowler can tell you, when you're looking to swing/reverse, you look at the ball every single delivery, for it to deteriorate that much and not notice. Laughable the bowlers were oblivious

8 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

My thoughts:

Steve Smith - Ban for Life

David Warner - Ban for Life

Boof buff - Ban for 10 years

Cam Bancroft - Ban only until India tour. India need a bunny at the top who they can get out cheaply

Ridiculous

7 hours ago, zen said:

The "investigation" appears to be more of a cover up job than one to get to the root cause and get the "pride" back

Winning is pride. Nothing else and they did it to win the game.