OMERTA - official trailer - Rajkummar Rao

Texy

Some libtard this ... Will definitely avoid..

Hansal, why a film on the life of Omar Sheikh? This is the terrorist who beheaded [journalist] Daniel Pearl. India was forced to release him when IC 814 was hijacked [to Kandahar] in 1999. We know his story. Did you feel you had something new to say about him?

Hansal: I believe some of us knew his story. I think the story needed to be told, and as a personal story—as the journey of this boy. For me, what was most important is the way the state is complicit in creating and harbouring individuals like Omar Sheikh.

He can't call a terrorist , a terrorist. It is like making a sympathetic movie on Osama!

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Some libtard this ... Will definitely avoid..

Hansal, why a film on the life of Omar Sheikh? This is the terrorist who beheaded [journalist] Daniel Pearl. India was forced to release him when IC 814 was hijacked [to Kandahar] in 1999. We know his story. Did you feel you had something new to say about him?

Hansal: I believe some of us knew his story. I think the story needed to be told, and as a personal story—as the journey of this boy. For me, what was most important is the way the state is complicit in creating and harbouring individuals like Omar Sheikh.

He can't call a terrorist , a terrorist. It is like making a sympathetic movie on Osama!

I think the state in the state being complicit part that Hansal Mehta is referring to is Pakistan. Omar Sheikh was a Pakistani national and was used as an asset by the Pakistani state/ ISI. I don't think there is any empathy for him anywhere in the trailer or even in the excerpt you've posted. Unfair to call Hansal Mehta a libtard for this.

Edited by Mariyam

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I think the state in the state being complicit part that Hansal Mehta is referring to is Pakistan. Omar Sheikh was a Pakistani national and was used as an asset by the Pakistani state/ ISI. I don't think there is any empathy for him anywhere in the trailer or even in the excerpt you've posted. Unfair to call Hansal Mehta a libtard for this.

Calling him a boy/Individual is what I objected to. He is a terrorist and should be named as one.

Yay let us celebrate a guy  and show humane side of a bastard who by the way is not even an Indian gone astray but a Pakistani who was involved in some form in the biggest acts of arson in the 90s starting from Delhi kidnapping,murder of Daniel Pearl,Air India Hijacking etc etc etc.

Isn’t this the same actor who played the lawyer who fought for the terrorists indicted under TADA...what the fk is wrong with Bollywood.

I will be gutted if this movie makes any kind of money in India 

11 minutes ago, zen said:

I hope the film focuses on how Pakistan supports terrorists and uses them against countries such as India

Doesn’t look like it....it shows this guy’s biography clearly...to be honest he has a intriguing story...he started of as an MI6 agent and then became a double agent but doesn’t matter...no matter what the personal reason is, no excuse whatsoever to do the things he did

24 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yay let us celebrate a guy  and show humane side of a bastard who by the way is not even an Indian gone astray but a Pakistani who was involved in some form in the biggest acts of arson in the 90s starting from Delhi kidnapping,murder of Daniel Pearl,Air India Hijacking etc etc etc.

Isn’t this the same actor who played the lawyer who fought for the terrorists indicted under TADA...what the fk is wrong with Bollywood.

I will be gutted if this movie makes any kind of money in India 

The very same. But here's more. Shahid Azmi was one of the rioters during 1992 Bombay violence, later went and trained in PoK jihad camps to wage war on India, was involved in a conspiracy to assassinate top SS/BJP brass of Maharashtra, yet the same duo behind Omerta (Hansal Mehta/Rakjumar Rao) glorified that SOB 5 years back in a movie. He is a darling of the left leaning so called intellectual class. What's more his uncle Abu Azmi, Dawood's frontman in Mumbai is a top SP leader in Maharashtra, in fact the sitting MLA plus with deep ties to Bollywood (his daughter in law is Ayesha Takia). The whole Azmi family do justice to their native place Azamgarh, sab ke sab saale gaddar hai.... * Bollywood.

Guess what, Pakistani artistes are back to singing and acting in Bollywood movies. All that post Uri hullabaazi by Centre was hot air....kitne gire hue hai yaar yeh BJPwalleh, expected this **** from other parties but national security and anti terror/pro Army was something I  never expected BJP to compromise over. And @maniac Rajamouli is in Karachi today to take part in their film festival, we are used to these stunts by Nandita Das/Naseeruddin Shah/Shabana Azmi/Swara Bhaskar but since when did SSR turn rogue?

5 hours ago, nikred said:

Is Shahid a left leaning movie? I saw it's on Amazon Prime but did not watch it yet as I don't want to sit through a movie glorifying a terrorist.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Don't watch it, it will make your blood boil. 

Don't watch it, it will make your blood boil. 
The only reason I wanted to watch was because Rajkummar is in it. I like the actor and the movies he usually picks.
I thought this is going to be an objective look at that guy's life. Now that you say it, I might give it a pass.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk