Pakistan's 1st transgender news anchor

Texy

source 

A 21-year-old journalist is making headlines in Pakistan by becoming the country's first transgender news anchor.

Pakistan's social networks were abuzz following Marvia Malik's first on-air appearance on the March 23 and in the days since she's gone viral across Facebook and Twitter, with many lauding the move as progress for transgender rights in Pakistan.

Malik, a trainee anchor at Lahore-based channel Kohenoor News, is pleased with the attention that she's received but insists more needs to be done when it comes to improving the lives of Pakistan's transgender community.

A graduate of journalism from Punjab University, Malik told CNN she applied for the position since she wanted to prove that people from the transgender community "are capable of any job, and can do anything they want."

"I want to show the country that we are more than objects of ridicule ... that we are also human," she said.

180327111502-marvia-malik-2-exlarge-169.

Props to the Pakistani channel for being progressive...hopefully jihadis don't get to her

4 hours ago, Green Monster said:

yes it is, what psychiatrists use to treat patients with mental disorders is the DSMV, in that, gender identity disorder ~ gender disphoria is a mental disorder. The WHO also acknowldges as much as of 2017. while some activists may try to get that to change in the future, it doesnt change teh fact that it is now exactly that, a disorder, and that shouldnt change...

Things have been added to and removed from the DSMV before too. In 1950s, homosexuality was in the DSMV as a disorder. Now it isn't. 
There is no scientific basis to the statement that it is a disorder. 

12 hours ago, Ranvir said:

This is being pushed onto people lately. God knows what else is planned in the future. I accept gay people but people wanting to change their gender is a disorder.

It isn't. Society's perceptions are slow to change because society : a) does not understand science very well b) society isn't curious about science either. Its not like most people go find out what new **** was discovered in science once  a month either.

It has long since been proven, scientifically, thats its one of your organs in the brain - thalamus or hypothalamus or something like that (if you want, i can search for the paper) that controls an individual's perception of fundamentally identifying as a man or a woman or something else. In an overwhelming majority of cases, the answer is binary (man or woman) and happens to correlate neatly with chromosomal sex - XX or YY. But it actually has nothing to do with it, instead it has everything to do with the hormonal balances secreted by that organ. 
Ie, being a man/woman/something else, is a feeling. Just because it correlates well to what type of junk one has, doesn't mean gender is caused by what type of junk one has.

Most languages are from times of cavemen, fireworshippers or desert barbarians - so it confuses the correlation of biological sex ( ie, whether you have a penis or a vagina) with being a man or a woman. 

That, is where the problem lies and society is ultimately too ignorant and too intractable to recognize it. Add in BS iron-age religions and its even more reason to deny the science behind gender. 

4 hours ago, Green Monster said:

this jaahil thinks someones feelings over-right their chromosomes, :phehe:

I chuckled at that part.

What is most dangerous is that, even after hormone therapy and gender reassignment, these people are even more likely to commit suicide.

4 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

have you heard of the otherkin?

Forget otherkin, there are now apparently 63 genders, and there are transageists(chronological age is a social construct),  transhumanists(people who literally think that species is a social construct and identify themselves as other species ie goats)

21 hours ago, Ranvir said:

This is being pushed onto people lately. God knows what else is planned in the future. I accept gay people but people wanting to change their gender is a disorder.

I have noticed a trend in western media of normalizing paedophilia,

poora duniya pagal ho rahe hai aaj kaal

Edited by Moochad

On 3/29/2018 at 7:33 PM, Green Monster said:

You don't know science in the first place, some jaahil who thinks plants don't have sex is now arguing with a psychiatirsts what is and isnt a psychiatric disorder.  Add to that you don't understand how and why homosexuality was removed from teh DSM, or that it wasnt removed until the 1970s in the US... how much bullshit can you fit into 1 post???

Plants dont have intercourse.Explain to me, how gay sex is even possible without intercourse.

You are simply looking for wordplay, because i caught you out as a fake psychologist and proved how jaahil your religion's founder was. 

The fact that homosexuality was removed from the DSM means whats in the DSM is irrelevant to it being anything more than a 'perception' of disorder. 

News flash chotu, your feelings on the subject doesnt change the reality. The WHO and DSMV both agree. science is done by real doctors, ie psychiatrists, not some jaahil playing to the gallery. 

Newsflash for you too, kiddo : your religious founder's perceptions driving your perception is irrelevant.

WHO and DSMV are irrelevant to whether it is scientifically accepted as a disorder. DSMV, as i stated earlier, considered things that are a disorder in the past and do not now. Same will happen with gender issues. 

bullshit, anyone who takes this fools post seriously is an idiot, 

this idiot thinks the thalmus and hypothalmus are organs, they aren't, they are parts of the brain... this guy is certifying what is and isnt "science" but doesnt even know basics like plants have sex and what qualifies as an organ :phehe: 

Nothing more than semantic nonsense. 

https://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2015/02/24/sex-biology-redefined-genes-dont-indicate-binary-sexes/

http://www.eulabs.eu/Downloads/gooren06.pdf

Read and weep. Your gender is determined by hormones inside your brain. I am going to take the research of a world renowned endocrinologist over a fake internet warrior like yourself. 

There is no scientific evidence of what you said, just as there is no scientific evidence that all species on the planet are homosexual, another outlandish claim made by you... 

Scientific evidence that MOST species of animals have homosexual trends has already been presented. By a scholarly article. You repeating your religion-fuelled BS is not gonna change the evidence, kiddo. 

this is another level of jaahiliyat unseen on this forum previously... 

this jaahil thinks someones feelings over-right their chromosomes, :phehe:

this jaahil also thinks that what type of junk one has doesnt cause the hormones which one has...

this jaahil also thinks "gender" is a word used in science... 

http://www.eulabs.eu/Downloads/gooren06.pdf

Who is the jaahil now, kiddo ? Read and weep, as i said. 

This is a big thing politically right now in the US... these people are trying to let grown men into bathrooms with girls/women, all to facilitate people with mental disorders. They have allowed boys/men to compete in women/girls sports (no surprise who wins in these competitions). 

the big thing in the civilized world currently, is re-evaluating our value-system based on science, as more and more people are realizing that not only are the religion-begotten values false & fake, they were designed by people who are more ignorant than the average person in Islamabad. If we don't take instruction on how to live our lives from 12 year old kids, why would we take instruction on how to live our lives from men who are even more ignorant than the 12 year olds ?

Hence the re-evaluation via science and rejection of conservative values amongst the educated.

Edited by beetle

Argument by Religious People:" Normalizing a mental disorder... these people need treatment" (as suggested by Mr. Green Monster)

=========

I wonder what "Medical Treatment" these people are talking about. 

There existed absolutely "No Medical Treatment" during the times of prophet Muhammad. 

Therefore, prophet Muhammad didn't suggest any "Medical Treatment", but the Sharia Orders were to "Bansih" such effeminates from the city to a far place where no one lives. 

In fact, instead of "Medical Treatment", the prophet Muhammad "cursed them" (Sahih Bukhari. Link). 

So, may I ask you what kind of "medical treatment" was this by the holy prophet?

Actually the holy prophet not only cursed that effeminate, but he also wanted to "Kill" him/her, but then his life was forgiven while he/she was a Muslim. If he/she were not a Muslim, then he/she would have been killed (Sunnan Abu Dawud. Link)

So, how you claim these orders of cursing/killing to be the "medical treatment"?

Reality is this that no religion (Islam or Christianity or Hinduism...) got any kind of medical treatment for the last thousands of years. The only solution provided by their divine gods was humiliating/cursing/killing them

========

After science made progress in the last century, then counselling was suggested by the church as medical treatment (perhaps the only medical treatment up till now). 

This counselling is very much in the direction of "brain washing". 

Through religious brain washing, you can even make a person to become a priest and never marry a woman. Through this religious brain washing you may succeed in some cases to make a person give away his personal feelings for same gender by threatening him from the fire of the hell and the angels lashing him in the afterlife, and snakes and scorpions in the grave. 

Nevertheless, such religious brain washing is often against the Nature. 

You see no one teaches a child to be an effeminate. In fact whole society opposes such behaviour right from the beginning. But still such children automatically choose to act like effeminate. It is pure nature and the hormones balance which the religious gods denied. 

Nevertheless, today Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims of Egypt (al-Azhar University) accepted this hormonal balance, and they even allowed to undergo the surgery in such cases and change the sex. 

Therefore, now half of Muslims (Salafies and some Sunnies) totally disallow such surgery and sex change in name of Allah, while other half of Muslims (i.e. Shias and rest of Sunnies) allow the surgery and change of sex in name of same Allah. 

Edited by Alam_dar

I find people's need to control other people's life and preferences very strange. This need to control is like a sickness.

As long as people are not hurting any being physically, emotionally or financially ....it should be no one elses business.

Exactly, how difficult is that.

But I think their argument is that they are sick and trying to help them come back on the right track.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Green Monster said:

the first link is an opinion blog...

the 2nd one, from over a decade ago says...

The conclusion is warranted that prenatal androgenization predisposes to a male gender identity development, but it is apparently not decisive. Brain studies in homosexuals and transsexuals are few and results have not held up in replication studies (the interstitial nuclei if the anterior hypothalamus in homosexuals) or are in need of replication (the nucleus suprachiasmaticus in homosexual men and the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in transsexuals).

brother muloghonto says hormones in the brain = transsexuals, he links to a paper that says such studies havent even proven decisively that is the case, and have failed to replicate in homosexual and transsexuals...

thats not even to mention how this "study" was done prenatally, ie before birth... so muloghonto says that people r born transsexual... so children, the ages of 0 to 8/9, before earliest puberty,  are sexually aware... brother muloghonto is supporting pedophilia here... 

so... he uses unreplicated nonsense to disproove the entire field of psychiatry... if only psychiatrists and the World Health Organization could learn from our brilliant brother muloghonto their own field :phehe:

jaahiliyat continues...

to add to what you say... a hormonal imbalance leading to transsexuality directly does imply that it is a disorder... 

it's like people haven't heard of endocrine disorders like hashimoto's thyroid, hypothyroidism, growth hormone deficiency, etc... if this is caused by a hormonal imbalance, it can be treated that way as well, by fixing the hormonal imbalance. 

7 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

by the way, it looks like there is another riot in Bengal according to this forum... I suggest u worry about ur uncivilized country before spreading ur jaahiliyat to mine... we Americans have low tolerance for jaahil bakwas for ur types...

dude, your post was good until this part. yeah that other guy's post was bad, but you shouldn't follow his example and slur an entire ethnic group. don't let that kind of stuff bother u, u should take it as a sign of victory when people start attacking u personally instead of your argument. 

Just now, Green Monster said:

congrats, you are one of the few non-jaahil in this thread...

please keep your advice for yourself or give it to your countrymen...I have shown everyone what is what... these fools are left with nothing, I am more than satisfied iwth my posts... 

None of these people are my countrymen. I think the poster you are getting into it with is Canadian, the other two were Australian and Pakistani. 

3 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

congrats, you are one of the few non-jaahil in this thread...

please keep your advice for yourself or give it to your countrymen... I have shown everyone what is what... these fools are left with nothing, I am more than satisfied iwth my posts... 

Also, if you are satisfied with what you have posted and are convinced you are correct, it is better you stop posting, I have already reported your post for ethnic abuse, so quit while you are ahead.