Would you hire a player as coach if he is a racist ?

gattaca

The Australian batsman Darren Lehmann was charged yesterday under cricket's new racism code as the International Cricket Council underlined its determination to stamp out such incidents.

Lehmann, who faces a maximum ban of four Test matches and eight one-day internationals, will attend a hearing in Adelaide tomorrow after an abusive outburst against the Sri Lankan team following his dismissal in the one-dayer in Brisbane on Wednesday night. 

If he is found guilty the suspension will begin at once, affecting his participation in Australia's remaining VB Series matches and opening fixtures in next month's World Cup. 

The Australian board, trying to quell an incident now certain to cause a worldwide outcry, had earlier instructed Lehmann to undergo immediate racism counselling.

Lehmann, marching into the Australian dressing room after he had been run out, was accused by Sri Lankan reserve players and management of exclaiming: "Cunts, cunts, *ing black cunts." 

The allegation could not have come at a worse time for Australian cricket. Muttiah Muralitharan, Sri Lanka's unique off-spinner, yesterday repeated his threat never to tour the country again because of what he believes is a bitter public campaign against him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/jan/17/cricket.davidhopps

Edited by gattaca

Very much responsible fro the state the Australian team is in today. Was always a disliked player in his playing days as well. CA have learned nothing from him. There were better coaches, more certified than him but they instead opted for someone like him. Don't see his contract will be renewed, they may ask him to step down. Should not be picked as Indian coach in any of our tournament. Bad influence.

I've had 3 cricket coaches in my club cricket career and my opinion is that a coach has a significant impact when you play initial 10 years of cricket under the guidance of coaches. Once you grow up, the coaches for next 10 years continue to have influence about how one goes about his nets sessions, practice matches, 20 and 50 overs matches etc. Not only that a good coach at a young age helps a lot in developing the fighting skills rather than teaching you cheating skills which also impact a persons growth. Someone like Lehman should never be near any youngster. He is not a positive influence at all. So my answer to thisw question is "Definitely not worth to have a coach". 

In fact i would have someone like Lalchand Raput as my coach if my age still permitted me to play cricket. A strict coach but then he put Yuvi and Harby to tasks whenever they showed indiscipline. Also Laclachand Rajput is a certified coach and has tremendous experience. His influence will be very good. I would rather like him to see him as a coach than Darren Lehman.

Edited by Straight Drive
35 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Very much responsible fro the state the Australian team is in today. Was always a disliked player in his playing days as well. CA have learned nothing from him. There were better coaches, more certified than him but they instead opted for someone like him. Don't see his contract will be renewed, they may ask him to step down. Should not be picked as Indian coach in any of our tournament. Bad influence.

I've had 3 cricket coaches in my club cricket career and my opinion is that a coach has a significant impact when you play initial 10 years of cricket under the guidance of coaches. Once you grow up, the coaches for next 10 years continue to have influence about how one goes about his nets sessions, practice matches, 20 and 50 overs matches etc. Not only that a good coach at a young age helps a lot in developing the fighting skills rather than teaching you cheating skills which also impact a persons growth. Someone like Lehman should never be near any youngster. He is not a positive influence at all. So my answer to thisw question is "Definitely not worth to have a coach". 

In fact i would have someone like Lalchand Raput as my coach if my age still permitted me to play cricket. A strict coach but then he put Yuvi and Harby to tasks whenever they showed indiscipline. Also Laclachand Rajput is a certified coach and has tremendous experience. His influence will be very good. I would rather like him to see him as a coach than Darren Lehman.

Good choice of Lal Rajput as an example. 

Just don't let him drive you about,  he is worst car driver in India  lol 

28 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Don't think Lehman's contract will be renewed. Just like Smith and Warner have been banned for an year, i think CA will definitely not renew his contract. 

New coaches: Last time contender Justin Langer? 

Jason Gillespie and Ricky Ponting other options. Any other names ?

Justin Langer is the establishment choice but the cricketing public I think will be wanting Ricky Pointing..

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Justin Langer is the establishment choice but the cricketing public I think will be wanting Ricky Pointing..

Langer himself does not has a big reputation but i don't think he is as controversial as Lehman was. The only innings langer got blame was for not walking versus Pakistan. The innings in which Kamran Akmal dropped him 10000 times. But i think he has better reputation than Lehman for sure.

Just now, Straight Drive said:

Langer himself does not has a big reputation but i don't think he is as controversial as Lehman was. The only innings langer got blame was for not walking versus Pakistan. The innings in which Kamran Akmal dropped him 10000 times. But i think he has better reputation than Lehman for sure.

He was being groomed by CA to take over , did some stand in stints 

Been good at T20 with Perth but I don't think they had a good season this year in Sheffield Shield if it's still called that.

In the cricket world he does have a good reputation. 

Gillespie is with Sussex now. But he still has another year of contract iirc. Doubt he will break it because then he will have to pay the county the money for leaving early. But he has spent a season or two with Yorkies before. So might be looking to do a job at home if opportunity arises. Who knows he may opt to pay back the county and move to coach Aussies.

Edited by Straight Drive
3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Gillespie is with Sussex now. But he still has another year of contract iirc. Doubt he will break it because then he will have to pay the county the money for leaving early. But he has spent a season or two with Yorkies before. So might be looking to do a job at home if opportunity arises. Who knows he may opt to pay back the county and move to coach Aussies.

He did a great job with Yorkshire , I would be surprised if in his contract it didn't allow him to leave for the Australian National coach job but I do believe that JL has more backers within CA 

6 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

He did a great job with Yorkshire , I would be surprised if in his contract it didn't allow him to leave for the Australian National coach job but I do believe that JL has more backers within CA 

From what i remember i think he still has one year left. And he is highly paid coach in county cricket. So doubt he will be allowed to leave early without repaying the proportionate amount .

11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

From what i remember i think he still has one year left. And he is highly paid coach in county cricket. So doubt he will be allowed to leave early without repaying the proportionate amount .

At the moment it doesn't look as if anyone will be needed as that idiot Lehmann is surviving but things could all change again due to public opinion and even he sees there  is no option but to resign 

Cricket Australia needs introspection from top down. If he made a comment based on the color of someone skin BCCI should ban him unilaterally. CA should ban this sob too. 

Fish rots from head first so truly Sutherland needs to go too.

2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

There's a video floating about where Langer knocks off the bails intentionally and then the entire Aussie team appeals for hit wicket - a big drama done basically to disturb the batsman's concentration.  

Langer has built himself up as a big-time coach now, especially with his success in the BBL.   He's probably seen as the next national coach, unless the board backs Ponting.   IMHO he'd be a better coach than Ponting.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There's a video floating about where Langer knocks off the bails intentionally and then the entire Aussie team appeals for hit wicket - a big drama done basically to disturb the batsman's concentration.  

Langer has built himself up as a big-time coach now, especially with his success in the BBL.   He's probably seen as the next national coach, unless the board backs Ponting.   IMHO he'd be a better coach than Ponting.

Not as controversial as Lehman though ?

Lehmann appointed Kings XI Punjab's new coach

Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann was on Thursday named the new coach of Kings XI Punjab for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League.

He was earlier coach of Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers, which was terminated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India for breach of contract last season.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/ipl-lehmann-kings-xi-punjab-new-coach/20130131.htm