Smith, Warner banned for 12 months by Cricket Australia

8 minutes ago, kruiser said:

Smith and Warner have been made scapegoats by CA. 

Feel the same. Especially Warner. They have to show atleast one more player involved besides Smith and Bancroft. Warner would have been the most eligible candidate given his reputation. Obviously more players were involved in leadershiL group and all players knew about it.

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Ca decision. They focused on there rep 

but it one year is very very harsh. Banned from and captaincy / vice forever and 3 month ban would have been ok imo 

but they wanted to send a message . Fair play . How many other boards would have done this ?

Disagree.

They've gone into damage limitation mode. What's the least they could do to protect their reputation.

They've protected other players who were involved and they've also kept Lehmann on, which to me suggests, they're keeping him happy in case he spills beans on the others. 

Just keeping him on shows they're not that interested in cleaning up this mess, but rather just cover up what they can

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

i dont see any shame in this. Only thing that brings same is fixing. i dont see doing something to win games as shame.  i would actually be proud of had our players played with that much will to win.

And precisely the reason why we will never dominate any sport because of this mentality. If you would have been proud if your team (India) did this to win the game then I'm sure you would be OK with players taking PEDs as they do that simply to perform better and for the 'will to win the game for his country'? 

21 minutes ago, gattaca said:

It’s CA’s decision to play them in state or national team. So even if their appeal and win they will sit on sidelines.

Liek BCCI sidelined Azhar and gang inspite of them yelling so much how they were not involved in match fixing. Nikhil Chopra didnt even get a single game after that, nayan Mongia was not seen , Jadeja vanished. 

The more the proven cheaters fight with their boards the more negative publicity and negative news they come in. Which affects their sponsors every time they are in bad news. Boards know how to sideline such players. The Aussie citizens may again raise voices and broadcasters and sponsors will be worried. Already these 3 have missed one test and IPL for sure. More series will be missed in tenure of their bans.

Just remember how Maxwell was sidelined recently even without any negative offence. It's that easy.

Edited by Straight Drive
36 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Disagree.

They've gone into damage limitation mode. What's the least they could do to protect their reputation.

They've protected other players who were involved and they've also kept Lehmann on, which to me suggests, they're keeping him happy in case he spills beans on the others. 

Just keeping him on shows they're not that interested in cleaning up this mess, but rather just cover up what they can

yeah that's one theory esp considering the bowlers somehow didn't know this was going on but who's to say that someone like Warner won't spill the beans either.  You can argue the players have something to play for in the future but we might get to know the truth somewhere down the line eventually.  This is surely damage control by CA but seems temporary.  Also how would it have been different with a 6 month ban vs 1 year.

David Warner & Steven Smith will miss :

June 2018 : Australia tour of England 2018 [5 ODI's & 1 T20I]

Jun-Jul 2018 : Australia tour of Zimbabwe 2018 [2 Test and 3 ODI's] (Not CONFIRMED)

July 2018 : Bangladesh tour of Australia 2018 [2 Test and 3 ODI's]

October 2018 : Australia tour of Pakistan/UAE. 2018 [5 ODI's and 1 T20I]

Oct-Nov 2018 : South Africa tour of Australia 2018 [5 ODI's and 3 T20I]

Nov 2018-Jan 2019 : India tour of Australia 2018-19 [4 Tests]

Jan-Feb 2019 : Sri Lanka tour of Australia 2019 [2 Test, 3 ODI's]

February 2019 : Australia tour of India 2019 [5 ODI's and 2 T20]

March 2019 : Australia tour of Pakistan/UAE. 2019 [3 Tests]

Bancroft ban ends midway through the Aus/Ind Series

All 3 are banned from playing BBL & State Cricket [Also Sacked By IPL]

Thats

29 ODIs

13 Tests

7 T20Is

WC starts from May 30. So only 2 months after the ban, doubt they can make it or be match ready, form ready for WC.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

they will appeal and sentence will be reduced by court or revoked.  Just wait and watch. Because there is no law of 1-year ban for ball tempering.

No court can force CA to employ these 2. CA has a brand to protect and has every right to ban them for longer period. 

If ICC had tried the same, then it could have been challenged very easily.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

they will appeal and sentence will be reduced by court or revoked.  Just wait and watch. Because there is no law of 1-year ban for ball tempering.

No they wont and they shouldn't ,if they want to be in the good books of the public and media .

appealing against the ban won't get them any sympathy and it'll make them look remorseless ,its better for them to accept the punishment with heads down especially when the pm of the country has commented on the matter