Fanie de Villiers Who Asked Cameramen To Look For Australian Ball Tampering !!!

velu

The commentator and former South African Test fast bowler sensed that Australia may have been doing something untoward with the ball

It’s not usual for a bowler to get reverse swing as early as 26th or 27th over in a cricket match on South African surfaces. But Australian bowlers were doing that with ease on the third day of the third Test match against South Africa in Cape Town.

Even in the second Test South African batsmen complained to umpires that David Warner was using tape on his hand to rough up the ball. That is when commentator and former South African Test fast bowler Fanie de Villiers sensed that Australia may have been doing something untoward with the ball, he told RSN Radio

Australian reported that from that point South Africa’s SuperSport network had been tracking the ball during its path from wicketkeeper Tim Paine to the bowler that eventually managed to capture Cameron Bancroft’s disgraceful act in Cape Town.

“I said earlier on, that if they could get reverse swing in the 26th, 27th, 28th over then they’re doing something different from what everyone else does,’’ de Villiers told RSN Radio.

Ultimately his suspicions proved to be correct, with cameras spotting Australian fieldsman Cameron Bancroft's now-infamous yellow tape, leading to Bancroft hiding the tape in his pants before ultimately coming clean alongside then captain Steve Smith.

"I said earlier on, that if they could get reverse swing in the 26th, 27th, 28th over then they are doing something different from what everyone else does," de Villiers told RSN Radio on Monday.

"We actually said to our cameramen, 'go out [and] have a look, boys. They're using something.' They searched for an hour and a half until they saw something and then they started following Bancroft and they actually caught him out at the end.

"It's impossible for the ball to get altered like that on cricket wickets where we knew there was grass on, not a Pakistani wicket where there's cracks every centimetre.

"We're talking about a grass-covered wicket where you have to do something else to alter the shape, to alter the roughness of the ball on the one side. You have to get the one side wetter, heavier than the other side," he said.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/it-was-fanie-de-villiers-who-asked-cameramen-to-look-for-australian-ball-tamperi/310076

1522159021.jpg

bancroft is an idiot :rotfl: 

they told him that he was caught by the camera and he should know that he will the man in focus ..

got panicked and tried hiding it in his undies :rotfl: 

Badla for Faf's antics in Aus

Badla for Rabada's ban

Badla for Warner's antics against QDK

Aussies just got played badly by the Saffers...this is like a knock out punch...

This looks like all a set up from SA broadcaster, board, players, etc... They dig up the well after 1st test and Aussies with their cockiness and their dumb nature fell right into it... :rofl: 

6 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Badla for Faf's antics antic

Badla for Rabada's ban

Aussies just got played badly by the Saffers...this is like a knock out punch...

This looks like all a set up from SA broadcaster, board, players, etc... They dig up the well after 1st test and Aussies with their cockiness and their dumb nature fell right into it... :rofl: 

Bad bad South Africans catching them Aussies cheating :biggrin:

A set up is getting someone to do something , you are saying those bad South Africans convinced those innocent angelic Aussies to do it so they could catch them doing it?:phehe:

13 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Badla for Rabada's ban

I think you should give up your defence of premeditated cheating when you reach the stage that it was South Africa's fault that Australia got caught cheating :phehe:

7 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I think you should give up your defence of premeditated cheating when you reach the stage that it was South Africa's fault that Australia got caught cheating :phehe:

I actually loved it that Saffers got them. Because just like plenty of others around the globe I dont like arrogant/cockiness and holier than thou attitude most aussies show. Saffers players+crowd was seen very hostile after Warner/QDK video came out. So I would like to give them credit to put Aussies under so much pressure that they self-destructed. Its not South Africa's fault, its a genius Chanakya niti from Saffers to pin down the aussies.

Looks like you are clearly in shock being an Aussie fan after this incident.

Just now, Shunya said:

I actually loved it that Saffers got them. Because just like plenty of others around the globe I dont like arrogant/cockiness and holier than thou attitude most aussies show. Saffers players+crowd was seen very hostile after Warner/QDK video came out. So I would like to give them credit to put Aussies under so much pressure that they self-destructed. Its not South Africa's fault, its a genius Chanakya niti from Saffers to pin down the aussies.

Looks like you are clearly in shock being an Aussie fan after this incident.

Hahaha, an Aussie fan , why do you think that?

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Badla for Rabada's ban

If anything SA have been worse with tampering.  Zipper gate required their team to ask for and get approval for - uniforms with zippers on the pockets.  The entire SA board colluded with the team to equip them with ball-tampering equipment on their uniform.  

If anything SA have been worse with tampering.  Zipper gate required their team to ask for and get approval for - uniforms with zippers on the pockets.  The entire SA board colluded with the team to equip them with ball-tampering equipment on their uniform.  

Sa are masters at the art of tampering Aussie are amateurs.Sa Commentators Kept talking about so call skill to get reverse swing in India test series where Sa were able to reverse the ball early.

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I actually feel every team tampers with ball. And infact since every team knows that other team is mostly doing it, nobody would ever feel bad for doing it. So I am unsure on how to justify one team doing more than others. Nobody is "holier than thou", not SA nor Aus.

BTW Faf du plessis already rubbed into them and said made a comparison that his crime was lesser than this crime when he said "Ball-tampering is worse than Ball-shining. Australia committed a more serious offence than what he did in two years ago" Everyone is just enjoying this knocked out Aussie team and they will continue to pull them down."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43535193

I feel its a planned attack from all of the Saffers(broadcasters, commentators, players, media,etc) to pin Aussies down after warner altercation and nobody can say that they are wrong because Aussies do things that they deserve it.

28 minutes ago, CG said:

Sa are masters at the art of tampering Aussie are amateurs.Sa Commentators Kept talking about so call skill to get reverse swing in India test series where Sa were able to reverse the ball early.

and i suspect they will be somehow doing it even in this series.

2 hours ago, Shunya said:

I actually feel every team tampers with ball. And infact since every team knows that other team is mostly doing it, nobody would ever feel bad for doing it. So I am unsure on how to justify one team doing more than others. Nobody is "holier than thou", not SA nor Aus.

BTW Faf du plessis already rubbed into them and said made a comparison that his crime was lesser than this crime when he said "Ball-tampering is worse than Ball-shining. Australia committed a more serious offence than what he did in two years ago" Everyone is just enjoying this knocked out Aussie team and they will continue to pull them down."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43535193

I feel its a planned attack from all of the Saffers(broadcasters, commentators, players, media,etc) to pin Aussies down after warner altercation and nobody can say that they are wrong because Aussies do things that they deserve it.

I feel similarly. To the extent possible I think they all do their best to make the ball work in their favor. But when you bring implements such as sandpaper, bottle caps etc it crosses into serious, pre-planned.cheating territory.

Edited by nevada
53 minutes ago, nevada said:

I feel similarly. To the extent possible I think they all do their best to make the ball work in their favor. But when you bring implements such as sandpaper, bottle caps etc it crosses into serious, pre-planned.cheating territory.

That is what is bad. "Pre planning" and they very well know that they are going to do that and execute that...> that's troublesome as people can go to any extent with that. 

Why are drugs banned for example. The opposition can also take them and that goes on forever that it is the drugs playing with each other than the players.

The same is true with ball-tampering. If everyone does something more novel, something more than other eventually the game will only be played with tampered balls and not real cricket balls. 

It is good that a precedent is set by punishing these Aussies in a reasonably harsh and according to me reasonably fair way. 

Edited by sarcastic
12 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

That is what is bad. "Pre planning" and they very well know that they are going to do that and execute that...> that's troublesome as people can go to any extent with that. 

we can totally expect Australians to now try and invent a way to legitimize the 'techniques' of making the ball to reverse. Wonder where it stops, if any foreign object is used to alter the ball its breaking the rule, only sweat and saliva and rubbing are allowed. bodily fluids and rubbing basically..:giggle:

13 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Why are drugs banned for example. The opposition can also take them and that goes on forever that it is the drugs playing with each other than the players.

The same is true with ball-tampering. If everyone does something more novel, something more than other eventually the game will only be played with tampered balls and not real cricket balls. 

It is good that a precedent is set by punishing these Aussies in a reasonably harsh and according to me reasonably fair way. 

ball tampering is always pre-planned.  you always plan before how you want to get reverse.  dedicated players to do that are assigned the job beforehand. it does not happen on the field.